Question for my friend.

DanteRoman

Reaction score
By her lmp she should be 9-10 weeks. She had a scan at 5 weeks and there was just an empty sac. When back 10 days later and a sac with a yolk sac.( sac had grown)
Went back today and they've said she has two sacks each with a yolk sac in, still no hb or signs of baby growing. They've told her to wait 3 weeks take a test and if it's still positive they will re scan her again?!

Surely third isn't right. Does anyone have any insight? This is her first baby/ies and she's 20years old, so being treated poorly and consistently patronised.

Thanks ladies xx

Sounds like a blighted ovum! She should definitely see a baby and hb by 10 weeks x

Sorry to hear your friend is going through this. I also had this happen. Unfortunately it resulted in a mc. I should have been 11weeks+2 at this point. Hope your friend is going to be ok x

The hospital aren't telling her anything. I agree with all the comments and I would have thought she would see a hb at 10 weeks although if her dates are out by a few weeks it may not be seen yet. It just surprises me how little information she's been given and how they missed the 2nd sac on 2 previous scans :s thanks for your replies xx

I'd tell her to go to a different hospital and get some proper treatment. At 5 weeks fair enough there may not be much to see, there wasn't even much to see at my 6 week scan but by 8 weeks I had a little wiggly baby with a lovely strong heartbeat. So with four weeks between the first and last scan you would expect a lot more growth. Sounds like you friend is receiving very poor care indeed.

Yes unfortunately sounds like a blighted ovum. As for the second sac being missed, chances are they couldnt see it before if it was measuring very tiny. Remember everything starts smaller than the naked eye can see. And on a lot of failed pregnancies, something can grow at a very very slow pace and get missed until its big enough to see. So that would explain why it wasnt until later that they saw the second sac. At this point i would let her wait it out to see if her body will naturally mc, otherwise she will need to book a d&c. But at this point id say unfortunately its a failed pregnancy.

Incase anyone was wondering she lost the baby last night . Thanks for all your advice ladiea xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->