Question for other co-sleeping mums!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Serene123, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I wish for this not to be a debate on co-sleeping. I do co-sleep, and I intend to continue, I just have a question.

By firm mattress, what do they mean? My mattress isn't what I would call "soft" but then it isn't particularly firm either. It's not springs. Erm, it's like this but flat not bumpy:

[​IMG]

2. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

Does it not say on the mattress?? I dont know if all of them do, but i jusssst bought a new mattress and i asked for 'firm' and i'm fairly sure it says it on some label on it... ? Sorry dont know if that helps..

3. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

tbh I think any mattress that's not excessivly soft such as a waterbed should be totally fine.

4. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

Have you looked at an Orthapedic (sp) matteress? Thats what I've got and it's firm but comfy

5. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

As long as it's not soft enough for her to roll into you because it dips if you lie on it, and if she can move around and lift up her head (so if she's on her front she can still turn her head or lift it to breathe) I'm sure it'll be fine. I think they just worry about people putting babies onto really soft things that they could suffocate in if it comes up around them.

Sam's brand new mothercare cot mattress is softer than anything I've ever had on my bed! x

6. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

I bought the king orthapedic before max was born . its a serta one so I move but he dosent lol

7. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

mine says it on the label x x

8. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

As Sams mum said as long as it's not too soft it should be fine :)

Yay for co-sleeping :)