Question for second time + mums ....

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
... about baby engaging. Now, Im totally paranoid about my second little man coming early. Im not done being pregnant!

But Im getting distinctive 'head engaging' feelings, especially when Im walking, but I was told subsequent babies werent supposed to engage til labour??

Is this right?

But mainly, what does the babys head engaging feel like?

Hmmm...this is my second baby. I hope the talk about them not engaging until labor is right b/c I don't think my guy is engaged. I say this b/c I don't have the 'bowling ball between the legs' pressure. I have a ton of pressure in my pelvis, but not between my legs. A week ago I was almost 2cm and 80% effaced, so hopefully the engaging does happen during labor itself.

Oh, and with my daughter I had the bowling ball pressure starting at around 36 weeks and had her two days after due date.

i was told last night at the hospital by the doc that it feels like pressure on your cervix..

2nd & plus babies engage & pop out again as they have more room to do so,
a few weeks ago i was so uncomfortable i felt like she was going to fall out, but i did some gerdening & then it felt like she popped back out & she hasn't been back ha ha.
It wouldn't necessarily mean u were gonna go early anyway hun x

They can go in and pop out again hun, i wouldnt worry yurself too much xxx

Great!! As I dont always get the engaged feeling, in fact Ive been wonderinh whether he'd been popping in and out! Thanks! :D

Yep pretty sure mine's been in and out. Trying it on for size I suppose. She won't move much from either the right or posterior but when she has engaged I've felt hiccups on the left so I'm hoping she's just getting ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->