Question for tea drinkers!!

mel102

Reaction score
How many cups a day do you drink? I love tea and have cut down to one cup in the morning and one in the evening and decaf inbetween but I cannot get used to decaf it just doesn't taste as good! I also have at least one chocolate bar a day which adds more caffeine to my intake. Is anyone else cutting down on caffeine??

I loved drinking tea during my last pregnancy. At first I cut down to one cup a day but ended up switching to decaf. I never switched back to regular. I'm drinking about 3 decaf teas a day.

In my last pregnancy I drank decaf and liked it but it just don't taste good anymore lol I will maybe try a different brand of decaf

I'm a coffee drinker and know the recommendation is two cups or less. Tea has about half the caffeine I think, so you'll be safe with your two cups. Annoyingly, but I guess also handy for health reasons, I've completely come off coffee after 6 weeks though. Don't fancy it at all and normally I drink it like water. Maybe you could try having your decaf a different way, you mind not mind the difference so much then?

I probably have 3 cups a day but I never drink a full cup so it's probably realistically max of 2 cups and I only drink it at work so don't drink it every day x

I drink coffee, and usually had a large cup in the am and a large cup after lunch. I've cut down to small cup in am and half decaf in the pm. Can't give it up completely!

I switch to herbal teas during pregnancy- peppermint & decaf green tea. I read somewhere that caffeine can prevent the body from absorbing folic acid, so thought it was best to cut normal tea & coffee out completely

I have one large coffee and one/two cups of tea a day. My doctor and midwife said this was fine.

I've never heard of it blocking folic acid. It's so unfair we can't have wine or tea what at the end of a stressful day :haha:

Also love tea- I have two cups a day and decaf in between- but I like decaf so it's cool with me. Sometime I have one cup of fizzy drink n one tea. But I'm not always so strict I do have the odd day where I might drink more tea etc x

I haven't had coffee or caffeinated tea since BFP. I cut out all caffeine aside from chocolate and however much is in an occasional hot chocolate. I drank fruity teas but got sick of them because I love my tea with milk and I couldn't do that. I finally found caffeine free earl grey. It's not as good as the real stuff but fixes the cravings.

Apologies it wasn't folic acid, but caffeine does interfer with the body's ability to take in lots of other vitamins...
Check out this article:
https://www.fitday.com/fitness-arti...effect-of-caffeine-on-vitamin-absorption.html

To be honest I miss the wine much more than I miss the tea 😀🍷

I have two cups a day -when I can stomach it. And decaf the rest of the time, the only decaf I found that I like is Yorkshire Tea, I think the others all taste weird X

I have two cups of tea a day and decaf coffee or fruit teas or water between. I miss my tea so much. Absolutely can't stand decaf tea, it's revolting!

I love decaf tea! I have tetley decaff. I can't taste much difference.
I love a milky tea.

iluvcocopops- thanks for the link

I've switched to decaf coffee and I've always loved herbal, green, and black teas. Black tea is fine in the morning but like the pp said, caffeine washes away vitamins from your body/baby. I have decaf English Breakfast & Earl Grey, they're my fav in the morning.
Have you tried Celestial Seasonings Bengal Tiger? It's my absolute favourite. No need for sugar, it's great for after dinner. Peppermint can exasterbate heartburn but if you don't get heartburn it's good too.

I get bored of drinking water all day. Since we can't have wine I've tried new things ie herbal tea flavours (ginger - yum!). Coffee doesn't excite me as much as my taste buds have sort of gone off it. My head wants it, body not so much. I stay away from sugary drinks, don't want to gain weight by drinking empty calories like pop. I avoid it pregnant or not pregnant anyway.

This is a hard one for me! I have cut down to two cups a day (from at least 4 a day) and had a huge headache the first day, but better by second day. I got some lovely chai latte which is 98% caffeine free and makes a decent replacement.

I must say I struggled with this in my first pregnancy as I had to cut down from about 10 cups a day to 3 (the recomendation at the time) and some days I had the odd extra cup. My daughter was a tiny 5lbs7oz at full term and I wonder if that contributed to it so I will cut down as much as poss this time.

How is everyone doing with this? I managed to get down to one cup in the morning, but past few days I have cut that out too as I feel so sick. So I guess I have cut out caffeine other than chocolate too. I am lacking in energy though! Any tips for a caffeine free energy boost?

Hi! I actually am glad this popped up as I asked about good herbal teas not long ago and didn't get a response. I tried the peppermint yesterday and YUM!! I haven't tried the ginger yet. But I was drinking a lemon ginger one and it contained lemongrass which I read is not good during pregnancy. As far as caffeine, I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, not sure how much longer I will be able to stomach it. And then mostly water with herbals teas here and there. Once in a while, if I want a iced tea or pop, I will drink one. I drank probably way too much caffeine when I was pregnant with our son. He was a very healthy 7 lb 14oz boy. Buy he never stopped moving from day one and didnt sleep very well. So maybe that had something to do with it?

*Sigh* sitting here reading this deliberating whether to go buy a coffee or make a cup of tea...I will limit to one per day but I don't think I can go cold turkey! I tried while TTC and the headaches were unbearable. Maybe it will be half-caf for me today...or a latte, which has less caffeine and is a great source of calcium!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->