Question for the UK Ladies

chrischris83

Reaction score
I hope I don't offend anyone by asking this but I was reading online that. Cheryl Cole was replaced from X-factor US version due to a fear that us Americans would not be able to understand her "geordie" northern english accent. My first question is Do you really think it would have been hard for people to understand her? Second Don't you think that's discrimination? I guess the reason this bothers me is due to the fact that in the US. I have what people call a Southern "country" accent and I have been discriminated against and its not a good feeling. My heart goes out to her

its awful i think , she understands usa's :shrug: it cant be just cos of that reason :?

If it's discriminatory, then it is discriminatory towards Americans, insinuating we are too stooopid to understand accented English.....

I think the producers just didn't like her and needed/wanted her out. Only because most of the people in the US do not even know who she is! :)
Now she's not in the uk version, the uk have the worst line up now lol.

Well we were out in Florida last month and tbh the Americans couldnt really understand us !!! We talk to fast over here and it is very hard to understand people from the UK. I dont think it has anything to do with her accent, I think they just dont like her and I dont blame them !!!!! lol

i'm not sure americans would understand her, shes got a very strong accent.. and talks quite fast which some people may not be able to understand! but i'm sure a majority of people would, i can understand her and shes got a completely different accent to me! :dohh: so basically, i dont know! :haha:

In reality I am pretty sure that someone from rural Alabama find someone from New Jersey hard to understand. It is just a case of tuning in your ear really to pick up on different accents. I am not sure why Cheryl Cole was ever picked for a judge in the US- the problem is that no-one knows her, not her accent.

i think it probably was to do with more than her accent. she may have people here fooled but she is still nobody in the us. maybe if she had a bit more personality she would still be there?!?

Personally I think they used her accent as a cover, she wasnt well known in America and they didnt think she would make it big there.. Thats the reason why. I cant stand her because she thinks she has it all.. Her adverts wind me up! Lol.

Well - Here she is. Judge for yourself my dear. It is a very thick and strong accent... but I don't think it's that hard to understand IMHO

EDIT - I guess the link would help. Ooops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR-GpCABiSI

xx

Couldn't have put it better myself,Blah!

She has little or no personality and everyone seems to forget that she beat up a toilet attendant...put some false eyelashes on,hair extensions and a flashy dress and suddenly she is the 'nations sweetheart'

In answer to your question,I think they just used it as a cover to get shot of her.xx

Yes, they used her accent as a 'nice' way of telling the world that america didn't know who she was and didn't want her.

But also, just to some of the comments on here, i hate it when people insult celebs. It's just jealously. She is a beautiful, talented woman and some people can't stand that. People say she has no personality, but how the hell would you know? Spent any time with her lately? No, of course not. People insult celebs when they don't even know them, just take what they see off tv and read in newspapers and form an unsound opinion. It's really harsh, and unfortunatly part of the world we live in today.

Yes, they used her accent as a 'nice' way of telling the world that america didn't know who she was and didn't want her.

But also, just to some of the comments on here, i hate it when people insult celebs. It's just jealously. She is a beautiful, talented woman and some people can't stand that. People say she has no personality, but how the hell would you know? Spent any time with her lately? No, of course not. People insult celebs when they don't even know them, just take what they see off tv and read in newspapers and form an unsound opinion. It's really harsh, and unfortunatly part of the world we live in today.

She is gorgeous but talented? I dont think so. Put yourself in the public eye and you get judged. Her choice :shrug:

Cheryl is a very talented dancer. Her singing voice may not be as strong as some but she has a nice vocal.
As for US X factor... the audience didn't warm to her as they had no idea who she was, some probably couldn't understand her but at the end of the day it just didn't work out.
Poor girls had her US dreams shattered, I feel for her, it is her career after all.

I feel sorry for someone whose redundancy means their family are struggling. She did not make the grade, that is all. Bloodbinds, nothing to do with jealousy. She assaulted a toilet attendant. Makes her pretty darn unpleasant in my eyes. Not what I think makes you anyone's sweetheart

I feel sorry for any person/s who have been let down. No matter how big the situation may or may not be.

I don't know why people always say she's unpleasant due to that incident either. No one's perfect, it's not like the girls made a habbit out of attacking people.

I like Chezza.....But the U.S have got the likes of Cat Deeley over there and whatnot, but it does seem like we're more likely to take an American to host our shows [The Hoff, Kelly Rowland and a few others] but its harder for Brits to 'break' the U.S!

Seems slightly unfair?

I cant stand the woman and it is not jealousy, its the fact that she is so fake, and as for beautiful, not in my eyes, I would say she is pretty but I wouldnt say beautiful. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->