question for those in uk-prescriptions for baby

K

keelykat

Does anyone get prescriptions off their gp for things such an infacol, or colic meds etc? My sister told me i could get infacol off the gp, so have several other people (with kids-so have had it off their gp before)...so i asked at the gp surgery today (as i had to get elliot weighed) and was told my gp 'doesn't believe in giving baby's drugs' and wouldnt give him anything!

The gp told us to keep winding elliot (like all day cuz it doesnt do much?!), give him warm water (but other people ie health visiter say no to water at a young age as it fills them up and they wont have their milk etc) and that bay's should not be given drugs and then basically had a go at us for giving elliot infacol!! im being made to feel as if ive done something really bad now.

Why do other people get the stuff off their gp (and so for fre) but i can't-how unfair is that??

Im putting in a complaint, hes done other things that have annoyed me too not just this..and then swapping to a different practice.

try another doctor, some doctors think they know everythin.
u know ur baby better than he does, and im sure u wanna give him something as nothing else works, he probably doesnt have kids himself so dont understand :-/ :hugs:

I know, it's not fair cos I too hear of loads of people getting stuff free, even Sudocrem!!!! Nothing in my docs either, oh well, lucky we got a healthy one.

im the same i no people with children they say even if you need nappy cream or calpol or teething gell etc justg ask your doctor for it on prescription but my doctor wont he just told me where to buy it

Swap doctors! Some are quite crappy. Babies can have drugs - my LO is on four different drugs every day.

Aww un your doing good.

they would not sell the stuff if we werent supposed to give them it!!! some GP's get right on my (.)(.)'s xxxxxx

You don't need to go to your GP for stuff like sudocrem, calpol etc. You register at your pharmacist and they can write prescriptions for children etc. I've got Kaya registered with my local Boots, it means if she's got thrush nappy rash for example I can get canastin cream. And, because children get prescriptions free, it doesn't cost a thing.

You don't need to go to your GP for stuff like sudocrem, calpol etc. You register at your pharmacist and they can write prescriptions for children etc. I've got Kaya registered with my local Boots, it means if she's got thrush nappy rash for example I can get canastin cream. And, because children get prescriptions free, it doesn't cost a thing.

Oh, how do I go about doing this? what do I ask for if i go in to Boots?

I just rang my mom-and she's as bad as the gp saying i shouldnt keep giving him the infacol and he cant stay on it forever :cry: is it lets pick on keely day or something?!

My doctor prescribed colief drops for salim last week because they cost £10 in the shops and she said why spend money on it when your entitled to it on prescription. When I asked about giving a spoonful of calpol after his first injections she said they are supposed to advice against giving it unless your baby is really poorly then she added " I dont know how your generation ever survived" lol She has to follow rules though I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->