Question for those who did ivf........

grassgreener

Reaction score
I am 3 weeks past my 5 day transfer. I thought I would be almost 6 weeks pregnant but my doctor said I would only be 2 weeks pregnant on day of my transfer so am only 5 weeks pregnant now.
This doesn't make much sense to me as it had already developed into a blastocyst at my transfer......surely that would put me further along??
I had a scan and he said it was measuring on track at 5 weeks 1 day and he saw a yolk sac but it was too early to see a fetal pole.
Do these dates make sense to you? I'm confused :nope:

Your doctor is wrong. You're 2 weeks pregnant at the day of egg collection, not embryo transfer.

As egg collection is basically your ovulation date.

Hope that helps and congrats. I also did IVF.

I'm 7+4 today.

xx

Here's a good online calculator where you just put in the date of your retreival and it'll tell you where you're at.

https://ivf.ca/duedate.php

IVF for me too! Definitely 2 weeks at EC!

Thanks everyone. I thought it was 2 weeks at egg collection so I should be 5 weeks and 5 days?
I'm depressed now. There was no fetal pole just are yolks sac so I'm guessing its bad news.....again.
Don't know where he gets his dates from. We pay all this money and they don't know what they're talking about.
Do you think I should ring him to challenge him? They don't like it when you do that though.

That is seriously sooooo early for an ultrasound. My doc won't do them so early bc the results are too difficult to interpret. I wouldn't think too much of it at this point. Did your doc seem concerned? Are you having a repeat u/s in another week or so? My first u/s had an iffy result so I've been back ever week or so since.

He didn't seem concerned as he told me I was only 5 weeks???
I'm the one who is concerned because
1) he should know what he is talking about
2) if I'm 5 weeks 5 days I'm measuring behind and I had the exact same thing happen in february which didn't end well :(
I hope he proves me wrong...
I'm going back in 7-10 days x

Even if you're 5 days later than he thinks it's still too early to mean much if you're measuring a bit behind. Early on it's normal to be even a full week behind and especially in the 5th week, things are just starting to develop. You really can't tell much until at least week 6 when the heart beat is meant to start. I know you'll be worrying anyway. The first few weeks are so stressful especially after doing ivf. I've been googling like mad about this stuff bc one of my twins is measuring behind.

Thanks. Just stressing out. A week seems like an eternity when you're worrying.

Oh man. I hear ya. :hugs: I'm basically living scan to scan.

Try not to stress too much! I know much easier said then done but I had a scan at what should have been 5 weeks 5 days and I measured 4 days behind. I've had 4 scans since due to being high risk and I'm now only 3 days behind. Take care and relax and enjoy xox

I am 3 weeks past my 5 day transfer. I thought I would be almost 6 weeks pregnant but my doctor said I would only be 2 weeks pregnant on day of my transfer so am only 5 weeks pregnant now.
This doesn't make much sense to me as it had already developed into a blastocyst at my transfer......surely that would put me further along??
I had a scan and he said it was measuring on track at 5 weeks 1 day and he saw a yolk sac but it was too early to see a fetal pole.
Do these dates make sense to you? I'm confused :nope:

They take egg collection as ovulation .. at least that's what they did with me ...
During my cycle I had some nurse tell me I was 5 weeks as I had only been pregnant for 5 weeks and I was like yes but the 2 weeks before - could of strangled her - come my scan I was 7w 4ds so I was right!

:flower:

When did you all see the fetal pole? Is it possible for everything to be ok if it's not there at 5 weeks 6 days? The yolk sac was there and looked really healthy. I just hope it was hiding :(

Good luck Grassgreener, I hope your next scan shows more & your doc starts to make sense!!

This is a very welcome thread as I also wasn't totally sure how far along I was! I had a blood test 8 days post transfer which showed my HCG at 18, 2 days later it was 57, then 5 days after that it was at 659....good news.

This was all via phone call or text with my doc, he said he'll see me next for a heart beat scan but didn't say when & at the time I was so excited I stupidly didn't ask! After consulting Dr. Google I figured out I go back just after the 6 week mark, 6 wks + 1 today and the clinic is shut all week due to a week long public holiday ....arrrgghh!! (I live in the UAE).

So, I should manage to get an appointment for Sat, at which point I'll be 6wks + 6 days. Am I right in saying he should be able to find a heart beat if all has gone well, yes??

Hopefully they will. I just don't think he knows what he's talking about. I"m also a british expat living in the UAE. I live in Dubai. I had collection on 16th and transfer on 21st so were really close in dates.
Hope everything goes well for you x

Hopefully they will. I just don't think he knows what he's talking about. I"m also a british expat living in the UAE. I live in Dubai. I had collection on 16th and transfer on 21st so were really close in dates.
Hope everything goes well for you x

Wow, small world!! In that case with your dates you should be 6wks + 1 day ...... I hope we don't have the same doc!

In the meantime, Happy Eid and good luck :flower:!!

I had my scan at 7+1 and there was a heartbeat I think you can see one from around 6 weeks onwards. Good luck.

A yolk sac usually shows on the scan somewhere between 5 weeks and 5+4, an embryonic pole appears a few days after that. They actually date a baby on the growth of it, it's supposed to grow (on average!) 1mm per day, *after* 6 weeks. A pole often only appears from 6 weeks onwards.

The fact you didn't see a pole on your scan at 5+6 isn't a definite sign of something being wrong, not at all. In fact, it's quite common *hugs*

As long as the yolk sac was there, you're doing just fine.

Hi, just an update. I went for a scan today and we heard the heartbeat and it is actually a day ahead now. So in the space of 6 days it has gone from 5 days behind to 1 day ahead. Just shows anything can happen this early on. I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. These dates make a lot more sense to me. So relieved x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->