Question for those who have had a D&C

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
I just had a D&C as well as a few other procedures and they fixed my damaged uterus. Just curious as to how long your DR said to wait after your D&C before TTC again? Mine never said, and I am anxious to know about how long. I will call him next week, but in the meantime, thought I could get perhaps a general idea from those who have been there, here. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks,
Tina

Tina: First I would like to send you a big squishy :hugs:. Doctors have been known to say:
wait a cycle for dating purposes -or-
wait three months for your uterus to build up enough lining

Mine didn't say either. We are undergoing some testing now, so obviously have to wait.

But in reality it is your body and life that you are talking about. When you feel like your ready, go for it. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care hun. Sending you hugs and kisses.

I had conflicting answers to that question. The sonographer said they usually recommend waiting until your first period before trying. The doctor told me to wait 3-4 months and the anaesthetist said to wait 4-5. We started trying again straight away. I'm now on my 5 cycle! So frustrating. But at least I know my body should be fully healed from it now. My SIL however had a D&C and fell pregnant again straight away and had my nephew who is now 6.

I personally think that your body won't get pregnant again until it's ready. But if you are still feeling very emotional about the miscarriage, then this could maybe play a part. When I had mine, they gave me a leaflet which was from the Miscarriage Association and said that you should wait until your first period but if you do fall pregnant again before you have your first period, then there should be no greater risk of a further miscarriage x

My OB said we could try as soon as my period had returned. My family doctor said we technically could have started right away, but wanted us to wait for the first period so that they could date a new pregnancy better if we got pregnant right away. Good luck.

Although I have had three miscarriages, I should probably clarify that this D&C was not because of a miscarriage. It was a procedure done with a laproscopy, hysterscopy and hydrotubation, because of infertility and recurrent miscarriage. The D&C was just to clean everything out afterward.

I've had different answers to this question every time I go in. First natural mc I had the doc said 3-4cycles. Last D&C in June I was told I could have sex 2wks after and ttc at least 1 period. We started straight away... but it took 9cycles to catch another egg anyway. This time, he doesn't even want me having sex until the 4wk mark. :( And has yet to advise when to ttc again, although I'm waiting for some more tests now. I know this doesn't help, but it goes to show that your own situation and doc will effect the answer you get to that one. :) Personaly, I feel like why waist time, it could be months/years before you fall pg again. But I've also got some male factor fertility probs to deal with. I think consult with your doc, and then do what feels right for you. Good luck to you.
P

hi hun i would probably say wait til your first period after the d&c and i am sure you can try again. after my d&c i was never given a time limit but waited for my first af and started trying again. i guess different doctors have different opinions on how long to wait.

maybe give your consultant a ring to see what he suggests hun. x

With hindsight I'd say it's probably best to wait until after the first AF, but I know at the time it's very hard to sit around waiting. My doctors said I didn't have to wait (& I also had an injury to my uterus from the D&C) but as my lining was so ragged from the op there was a higher chance a fertilised egg wouldn't implant properly & get washed away with my next AF (chemical)

I also think if your body's ready, it will happen :)

:hug:

Thanks, well, I will have to call him anyways, because I do fertility treatments to get pregnant aswell. But, it sounds to me, that from what I am hearing from those who have had a D&C here, it can be anywhere from 6 weeks, to a couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->