Question for those who have had CTG / Fetal Monitoring - uterine contractions?

icklemonster

Reaction score
So yesterday I had period type pains and lots of braxton hicks. They disappeared over night and when I woke up today baby was very quiet. After lunch I ate a bag of chocolate which would usually send baby crazy but I only got 2 little kicks so I called the hospital and went in for monitoring.

I was hooked up to a CTG and the baby continued to be quiet until about half hour in when it woke up, gave lots of kicks and the mw was happy :thumbup:.

During this afternoon the period pain type braxton hicks started again and showed on the CTG. The mw thought it could be the start of something but said they might trail off. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar reading with regular braxton hicks and gone into labour soon after? Or had a similar thing and taken weeks to go into labour? I was always under the impression braxton hicks weren't regular?! Here is a pic of my CTG:

IMG_20150924_212910.jpg

could be the start of something but could also be irritable uterus

I had the same thing happen at 36 weeks and my chart looked just like yours. Im 38 weeks now and my mw said irritable uterus good luck !

I had the same at 31+5, so much so that they even have me steroids and kept me in.

Now I'm 36 weeks and I've been in for monitoring about 5/6 times since, each time shows my regular tightenings but still nothing has happened yet.

My bh started 32w with my 3rd, i had weekly bh sessions for upto 4hrs. I went 41+2

My first i had bh every night for 14 days before labour kicked in.

My bh can get regular, but they never get stronger or longer but can hurt but its not same hurt as labour.

Its really hard to say it can go eithr way. Fingers crossed for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"