question for those with 1 or more kids already, who are pregnant again

rescuemom82

Reaction score
i have a daughter who is just over 2 years old, we are going to start ttc soon but i am sooooo terrified of a few things.

i have a severe vomiting phobia due to an incident when i was a child. i managed to get through my daughter's pregnancy without even feeling sick once (except a moment right before my EMCS)

i am so scared that i will get really sick in a new pregnancy and not be able to care for my toddler, I get so panicked with sickness.

also I had lots of bleeding and complications in my other pregnancy and i'm just flat out scared.

thanks for any replies

When I remembered how fatigued I was with my son, I thought that there would be no way I could handle being pregnant with another child and look after him.

But it's one of those things where you just do it and you don't think of it much. I tell my son when I feel sick. And then, of course, he likes to say that he has a baby in his tummy making his tummy sick too. But he understands. Some days we just take it easy and I tell him that I don't feel well or that I am tired. But it isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

Hi, I'm having baby number 3 and at the moment it's really hard (I have HG too) I 'cope' with caring for my children but I don't think I'm the best mum at the moment :(

My husband makes them lunch and leaves it in the fridge before he goes to work and does lots of the things that I usually do around the house. My meds are starting to work so in the evenings I get some things done.

My family have been great, my parents will take my children out for the day wilts I have a rest, I hated that with my second pregnancy but this time I'm grateful for it!

I won't be telling my daughters about this baby until after my 12 week scan, once they know I think it will be much easier. They will want to look after the baby in my tummy :) xx

I have a 4 year old, I work full time and I have morning sickness. It's hard but you do just learn to cope. Rest when you need to and get someone to help you when you're feeling really bad. As for sickness, I don't know what to say. I used to shake and cry and have a real phobia of sickness before my daughter. I had morning sickness with her, and I had to get over it because I couldn't stop it. Perhaps if it's really that bad, you could go to the doctors for some anti-emetics?

Im on baby number 3. I haven't had sickness on any of my pregnancies, tho I've felt sick quite a bit on this one... So I can't advise there..
My son is 10 so he's no bother but my daughter is just shy of 2 yrs and she's a handful! But I manage. And I work and run a business from home.
My house my not be spotless... There's often washin up left but I'm doing ok and I'm still enjoying my kids. When she naps, I'll have one if I feel I need it. When she goes to bed, I will, if I need to. Even if for an hour and then I'm up and ready to shower and have tea, maybe even do some jobs!
Just know your limits, ask for help if u need it and you'll be fine. People do it all the time so it can't be that bad, ay! :) xx

This is my fourth pregnancy, third baby. I've never had ms although I feel sick a fair bit. Tiredness is the main problem for me. My kids are 3 and 4 and I work 5 days a week, I'm a teacher so also have a lot of work to do at home once term starts and I'm nervous about that as I've been going to bed at 8.30 every night whereas during term I generally work until about eleven. I think you just have to hold on to the fact that it will pass and once the second trimester arrives it will get easier. It also helps if you have a OH who will step up and take the extra pressure without moaning about it. Mine is distinctly average in that respect!

I'm on pregnancy number two and have a two year old at home. Sept-May I'm a SAHM, I'm hoping my son will be a distraction from pregnancy and make I a little easier to just do what has to be done (since I won't have a choice)!

I'm pregnant with number two and my son is nearly eight months. It's rough but I manage because I have no other option. My DH is a ton of help and I take naps when DS is napping. Otherwise I feel pretty lazy....I am counting down to 18 weeks when I stopped getting sick with DS. I have a dr appt Thursday for meds.... Can't wait :)

I'm on my third child and it does get tough sometimes, but you learn to make things work. When I'm tired or sick I have cuddle time with my kids and we watch a movie. As women, we learn to cope and our motherly instincts are quite strong!

Do you have a good support system? I know it would have made a world of difference for me if my parents or in-laws were around. Unfortunately my parents are 600 km away and my in-laws are on a different continent. I have brothers in town but they are much younger and we barely even see each other. So anyway yes, it was tough.
However if you had no sickness whatsoever with your first i doubt you'd get extremely sick with the second. They say every pregnancy is different but in general i find most women follow a similar pattern with each pregnancy.

If you didn't have it the first time, its likely you won't the 2nd time either.. Thats not a definite of course but you would have less of a chance :) I'm on my 3rd pregnancy and with my other two, the only time I ever got sick was from NOT eating.. things like frosted mini wheats or mashed potatoes or lemonade will help settle an uneasy stomach. I think you will be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->