Question for Vitex users!

brightlywound

Expecting #4!
Reaction score
I ordered Vitex yesterday (in the form of Femaprin) & its due to be delivered today (yay for free two-day shipping!).

Do those of you taking it take it every day throughout your cycle?
Do you stop taking it during AF?
I've read so many different articles saying different things!
I think I will be taking it every day through my cycle.

I take 400 mg three times daily, morning noon and night. I take it my whole cycle except for af.

Abagail,

I wanted to "re-up" this thread if possible. I just ordered Femaprin and hope to start taking it soon to help with a short LP. I just want to clarify when you start and stop. Start towards end of AF? Or during? When did you stop taking it? I've read to take until AF starts or continue until BFP + at least a few weeks, then wean off. Thanks for your help!

brightlywound...what was your experience with the Femaprin?

Any info would be great :)

I took it daily, even during AF! I took it for a few months. Unfortunately, I didn't like it at all :( It did nothing for my cycle, gave me awful headaches, made me bleed at crazy times in my cycle & it affected my mood a lot. I was a witch. :lol: I switched to Maca Root & have had much better luck with that.

But don't be discouraged by my experience! I know loads of people who have had great success with it! :) :flower:

I have just started it to try and kick start my cycles after coming off BCP and the naturopath told me to take it every day, she didn't mention stopping for AF (not that I have AF anyway!). I'm also taking EPO and I think it's kept my emotions quite stable so I'm quite enjoying it. My sister has some naturopathy training and also recommended maca powder.

I would start right after af ended (bright red bleeding stopped) and stop the first sign of af (spotting). Once I got my bfp I stopped altogether, did not wean myself off. GL!

I take 1000mg every day for the whole cycle, first thing in the morning. It supposedly works best when you take it before breakfast. I found it really helped my luteal phase length and my post-O temps. No bfp yet though. I've heard different accounts about whether to stop when you get a bfp, but I lean towards staying on it but slowly reducing the dose until 12 weeks, when the placenta takes over producing progesterone.

I used 1000mg first thing on the morning every day.
With my first pregnancy last year i stopped when i got a bfp and miscarried.
My second pregnancy i weaned off it after i finished the first trimester. baby happy and healthy.
Taking it now while breastfeeding and ttc again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->