Question for women who have taken Vitex

mrswichman

Mommy to 2 boys <3
Reaction score
So I haven't had a menstrual cycle in a while...and I am trying to get it on track by taking Vitex... My bottle says take 2 pills daily and each pill is 1000mg so in all I am taking 2000mg a day.

I have noticed recently that my nipples are super sore...worse now than they were when I was pregnant with my son...also I am breaking out with acne like crazy....

Has anyone experienced this or things like this while taking vitex?? I'm about to start week 3 of taking it I think...

I got sore nipples after Ovulated on vitex. I know once you take it, you notice little things fairly quickly with vitex. Hope this helps.

Hi ive been taking vitex for about three weeks now and i noticed that too. My nipples being sore that is no acne though. I am also taking 2000 mg a day.

Sooo Sore nipples is indication of ovulation...nice. The acne is a mystery to me still then lol. Are any of you having trouble with absence of menstrual period??? I haven't had one since Last August.

Sooo Sore nipples is indication of ovulation...nice. The acne is a mystery to me still then lol. Are any of you having trouble with absence of menstrual period??? I haven't had one since Last August.

Yeah I am I haven't had one since January which is why I in tilly started taking the vitex. Sore nipples mean ovulation?

I am, I had my last period the end of Feb. Which was withdrawal bleeding from the pill and I was taking vitex then. Haven't had one since.

Just an update. Today marks three weeks exactly taking 2000mg Vitex, and I have started my first menstrual cycle since August 2014. Super Excited. :)
I tell my husband pretty much everything...he got a stupid happy grin on his face and said "Good now we can get started for reals" lol men <3

I've been taking Vitex for about 4 months and have finally gotten my period after an absence for 5 months, I noticed after a few weeks of taking it that I was spotting every 3 weeks but not having a 'normal' period until 2 weeks ago. I actually started taking it because I read it regulates hormones and can help with acne, I broke out terribly after going off the pill and it's helped clear it up a little bit but I'm still dealing with it.

Just an update. Today marks three weeks exactly taking 2000mg Vitex, and I have started my first menstrual cycle since August 2014. Super Excited. :)
I tell my husband pretty much everything...he got a stupid happy grin on his face and said "Good now we can get started for reals" lol men <3

That's fantastic! I think I am going to up my dose if I don't get AF Sunday.

I started vitex cd50 as I hadn't ovulated yet. Within 2/3 weeks it made me ovulate and AF came. Conceived next cycle. I had super bad acne when I started vitex! And then it stayed bad until a few weeks ago due to my pregnancy. I was on 1600mg/day

I started vitex cd50 as I hadn't ovulated yet. Within 2/3 weeks it made me ovulate and AF came. Conceived next cycle. I had super bad acne when I started vitex! And then it stayed bad until a few weeks ago due to my pregnancy. I was on 1600mg/day

Were you only taking vitex?

Were you only taking vitex?

For herbs, yes. I was also on a bunch of vitamins - prenatals, fish oil with DHA, b6, baby asprin, vit c, calcium/vit d....that's all I can remember.

Hmm.. Sounds like all the things I take minus a couple. This is my second month hoping my last if not going to give it until early July. A little upset I still haven't gotten AF yet. Hurry two weeks so I can up my dose. Did you experience low libido on vitex?

It can take a few months to work. I didn't notice a low libido.

So I had some spotting today. I think it could be AF I don't know when to expect AF because I am irregular but I did o between 4-12 and 4-15. I wouldn't mind having AF I need a fresh start im on cd 51 and it looks like vitex is kicking in. Did you spot with vitex before AF?

I did for a few days before AF yes. Then again that's also a symptom of low progesterone and I spotted before AF without vitex too

I never spotted before until now with vitex. Never had progesterone issues neither. I guess I'll just wait a few days see if AF shows, if not gonna be confused because it was very very light pink and I could potentially be off as far as my O day. Guess time will tell

I did not spot...my AF just showed up...was in shock really, didn't expect Vitex to kick in that quickly.

Currently cd5... :)

:dust: for you.

That's awesome!! If I am off my o day by a couple days it could be implanation bleeding. Just waiting on vitex to give me something af or bfp. Its been 2 months!! I am happy for you, I hope you catch that egg this cycle.

Update: just started Af cd1 I love vitex!! Oh my heck!! Its been two years!!! For a natural period and ovulation and today is my 2 year anniversary!!

That's awesome!! If I am off my o day by a couple days it could be implanation bleeding. Just waiting on vitex to give me something af or bfp. Its been 2 months!! I am happy for you, I hope you catch that egg this cycle.

Update: just started Af cd1 I love vitex!! Oh my heck!! Its been two years!!! For a natural period and ovulation and today is my 2 year anniversary!!

Awesome so happy for you!! can't wait to watch your journey and hope you get that seedling!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->