Question from 3rd Tri...breech baby

Angel21

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've popped over from 3rd tri in the hope some of you may be able to reassure me.
At my 21 week scan baby was folded in half, breech position, toes pointed up above his head, and I didn't really think much of it. Then last week I went to the GP about pain in my ribs, she said it was probably babies head, meaning he was head up, so I started to think about it then, but thought "oh well, he'll move in a few days or so". Then yesterday I went for a 3d/4d scan. The baby was still in the same position as at 21 weeks, toes pointed up above his head etc. They couldn't get a good view of him, so sent us to the pub for spicy food and pop, and a walk about, and then we went back to see what had happened, and he was still in exactly the same position....he just does not want to move! I know he has plenty of time to move yet, but I'm really not convinced he wants to! We have a rescan in 2 weeks, so will see more then.

https://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm254/sammi81/DSCF3098.jpg

My question is how many of you ladies were told baby was breech at 30-ish weeks and what happened to you after then? Did the baby move?

Caitlyn went from breech at 26 weeks to head down and engaged at 32 weeks. Don't worry yet hun x

I had a breech baby but I didn't know until I was in labour but I believe she was breech all the way through pregnancy and never moved. I had a growth scan at 28 weeks and she was breech then and never moved. Sorry I'm not really more help. Hope baba moves for you, it can happen. AnnMarie on here had a breech baby until about 37 weeks and she turned so there is hope x

My baby was not breech at my 14 wk or 22 wk scan. The midwife diagnosed him as breech at I think 30 weeks ish I can't really remember. He turned by himself at around 35 wks (again can't remember exactly, it may have been earlier...) a few hours before my hospital appt to discuss this! I had read on the internet that it can feel painful when the baby turns at a late stage but I didn't feel any pain at all, I just woke up in the morning and the wee feet were kicking me in a different spot. I went to hopsital and they confirmed yes he was definitely moved. I sat backwards on a chair and tried to kneel with my bum in the air watching telly, maybe 5 mins a day if that. I don't know if these helped at all, as apparently many babies just get themselves into position.

Thank you ladies, it's nice to hear from others who have had similar experiences. Being my first baby I'm stressing over having no choice of having a C section :hugs:

You will prob be offered the chance to let them try and turn the baby so as you can have a normal delivery. It can bring on labour though so it's not done too early, success rates vary but I was going to have it although in the end I didn't need it.

My son was breech from 12 weeks up until my c-section day ..but rest assured they can turn at anytime lol max did at 34 weeks ..i was so happy and then the next week he was back in breech

Hannah was breech up until 34 weeks. I was preparing myself for a cesearean and when I went for the examination they discovered that she had turned and also started engaging.

The only problem I had was that she was back to back which made for a slightly more difficult pushing stage of labour. I just had to grit my teeth and push as hard as I could but it took 2 and a half hours of pushing to get her out. I was totally exhausted!

I was diagnosed as breech at my 28 week appt - I had very bad pain in my ribs the whole of my 3rd tri. She never moved at all and head was always jammed up under my right hand side ribs. They tried an ECV to move her but no joy so she was delivered by c-section. There is still plenty of time for your baby to turn so fingers crossed.

Ellie was breech until i was 37 weeks and she turned loads of time yet chick!

i got told every single time i went that she was breech but in the last week she flipped and everything was ok, nothing to worry about aslong as he's healthy.

Annabelle was breech for most of my preg but turned at 37 weeks and 2 days and was born at 37 weeks and 5 days

Give him time hun

Lou
xxx

Thats the same position Jasper was in - feet at his shouders - when he laid down for the day after he was born his legs would spring back up... it was weird.... The bad thing is with Jasper was we didnt know he was breech unil I'd been in labour fo 3 days and was 8cm dialated.... so, I dont know anything much about turning a breech baby, but I'm sure they can be turned, there are excizes and stuff you can do to encourage them - I just dont know what.

Good luck!!!!

If you have to have a c-section, its not THAT bad, recovery sucks but I was terrafied of the idea of a c-section, but it wasn't really scary at all... it was like a weird puppet show - curtain went up, baby came out, ta-da!!!

BUT hopefully it wont come to that!

AND if you super confident, you can labour a breech baby if you choose to, it is possible!

You have options!

Goodluck again! I'll cross my fingers for you!!!

Jaymee was breech all the way through my pregnancy and then surprised everyone by turning on he own at 37 weeks!
xx

Dec was breech from 19 weeks, we tried the EVC at 37+5 weeks with no sucess he was born by emergency section at 39+3. I think the reason he couldnt be moved is because I am so small and have such tight tummy muscles.

Sabby....people keep telling me I'm small, and one of the MW's I saw said I was "very fit", I hope this wasn't code for tight muscles....don't hold out much hope :rofl:

lucas was head up head down like a yo-yo till i was 34weeks when he finally decided that head down was the way to go :) have faith your baby could still get into position

Sabby....people keep telling me I'm small, and one of the MW's I saw said I was "very fit", I hope this wasn't code for tight muscles....don't hold out much hope :rofl:

Is your bump all baby?? thats they way I was. and again the MW's kept telling me I was fit :rofl::rofl: have they ever mentioned your muscles?? If you are small and fit there is a chance LO may not turn, but I was tiny I looked about 5 months pregnant the day before I had him. Hopefully he will turn. but just prepare yourself incase, people kept telling me he will turn, dont worry and I didnt until the day I was told I had to have a section then I took a bloody heart attack because I (and everyone else ) had convinced myself he would turn.:hissy: Good luck hun xx

archie was breech at my 4d scan at 31 weeks but when i went to the midwife at 34 weeks he had turned...theres plenty of time left for youor lo to turn try not to worry
i was told a way to encourage baby to turn is to kneel on all fours but instead of on your hands rest on your elbows(i dont know if it works it was just a tip from a midwife lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->