question ladies using cloth nappies and question to ladies using disposables

we switched to cloth, after reading (and LOTS of research) facts on sposies i was discusted they could even be sold :( (no judgement, just my opinion)

Cloth hold wee just aswel and iv never had a poo leak (had atleast 1 a day with sposies!).
they can be expensive, but well worth while, and can be used for another baby :thumbup:
its trial and error with brands...pop over to natural parenting :thumbup:

I don't suppose you have LUVS brand in the UK do you?

We use those or the Toys R Us brand. Haven't had a leak out of either one.

I'm slowly building a cloth stash and found when I switched for a couple of days his nappy rash just disappeared!

Would suggest getting some eBay cheapies (97kgallery do some great pockets - they're in china but are legit) and some preloved in different styles to see if it suits you and Zacoiya and when ones fit him and your lifestyle best :flower;

I use diapers that are a little big on Charlie and they seem to work way better. He's wearing a size 2 right now and he's 2 months old. I would love to start building a supply of cloth though but its still a lot of start up money for me.
I use the grocery store green brand and they are all natural :)

I had far more accidents and leaks using disposables. Not to mention, there are many chemicals in disposables that i didn't want on Leni's skin. He got quite a sore bum with disposables, although he does have sensitive skin.

I use AIO (all in one) reusable nappies. They are so easy. You have the nappy, then the inserts and then i use a liner over the top of the inserts. Not to mention cloth looks so pretty!

When he does a poo i chuck the liner away. Change the inserts and or nappy. It's so easy, much easier than sposies i find. Also, cloth smells better when wet or dirty. Sposies have a horrid smell when soiled!

I have a wet bag, so when out any soiled nappies/inserts go in there, and i have a few spare reusables with me.

They are os fab, i would recommend the switch! :flower:

I'm slowly building a cloth stash and found when I switched for a couple of days his nappy rash just disappeared!

Would suggest getting some eBay cheapies (97kgallery do some great pockets - they're in china but are legit) and some preloved in different styles to see if it suits you and Zacoiya and when ones fit him and your lifestyle best :flower;

Hi hun just wondering, how long did it take for the nappies from 97gallery to come? x

Hi hun just wondering, how long did it take for the nappies from 97gallery to come? x

Sorry A I haven't used them myself (yet - I can't narrow down which ones I want to buy :rofl:) but had them recommended many times :)

they took over 2 months for me!

Sorry A I haven't used them myself (yet - I can't narrow down which ones I want to buy :rofl:) but had them recommended many times :)

So many people have recommended them too! They look gorgeous ! I HATE having so much choice :lol: x

Bloody hell :shock: .. maybe not then :lol:

have you tried pampers baby dry, alfie has explosive nappies :blush: and they hold it really great no leaks.

<3

We switched to cloth about a month ago and have never had a poo explosion since :flower: they are also gorgeous :D

we used disposables for the first month then moved on to reusables. i already built up a large stash of reusables when i was pregnant but didn't actually get on with any of them very well, until we switched to all in ones.

basically, an all in one is just like a disposable, shaped the same with velcro tabs/poppers.
inside the nappy you place a liner, i use flushable liners, which are basically thin papery type stuff which "catches" most of the poo.
by my changing station i have a nappy bucket where the dirty nappies are stored.
when i change the nappy i chuck away the liner and pop the nappy in the bucket.
when the bucket is full (every other day) we put them all into the wash - don't need to do anything to them. we put them on a prewash, wash and extra rinse cycle.

when they're in the wash the inside of the nappy unfolds so that it can be washed. when they're all dry you just fold the nappy back together (which takes 2 seconds).

you can use inserts (just an extra bit of material) if zacoiya is a heavy wetter or for night time use. you put the insert inside the pocket of the nappy (where the material is folded into).

AIOs are the most simple nappies in the world, no fuss at all. we're using tots bots easyfit v2 which (remarkably) are sold in tesco! so you could possibly get one from there and trial it?

the only things you need to remember are not to use too much detergent (this will make the nappies leak - trust me) - you should use 1/4 of the normal amount, and always fold down the velcro tabs before you pop them in the wash so that they don't get stuck to eachother!

I've just started using Bum Genius during the day, and Eccobots Night with lollipop wraps for night time. Until then only Pampers Stay Dry could anywhere near be good enough for overnight, but still would sometimes leak. The Eccobots Night are fab, they do end up very wet but baby is dry and so are her clothes! Bum Genius also very good, I wanted a really easy to use one for the day, and one that would do her up to potty time, these are ok so far. Our council did a trial set of about 15 different reusables, maybe yours does too? We borrowed it for a month before deciding which ones to buy....

i ordered in october and i suspect all of the bad weather/christmas post in november and december made it worse because they say usually it takes up to 6 weeks. still, i think it was about 9 weeks before i got it!

Ah well - 1.50 for delivery from China I guess we cant complain too much :haha:

definitely not! and they were soo lovely when i emailed them!

They only took a couple of weeks for me (im in the Midlands if that makes any difference :haha: :) They also sent me 2 by accident :dohh:.

OP i found that cloth contain poo alot better than disposables :thumbup: https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/ give you a brief overview of the pros and cons of whichever nappy youre looking at which i found really useful :) I've bought from them a few times and they've been fab!

I use cloth diapers, and I love them. Most of my diapers have been through 1 child already and are being used for the second child and they are still good. When we're out I bring them with in a bag just like for disposables. You buy a small bag called a "wet bag" that you put the dirty diaper in when you change them, and it has a draw string and doesn't smell. When you get home you just loosen up the draw string and put it in the washer and the diapers will come out of the bag.

thanks girlies! im going to have a chat with the OH and visit natural parenting section!! thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->