question on c-sec

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

after some advice.

my neighbour had an emergency c-sec with her son 7yrs ago, she is wanting to try for a baby but is being told different things. hopefully some1 can help.

is she allowed to ask for a planned c-sec or will they want her to have a natural birth?

she has been told:
* that you cant opt for c-sec anymore,
* that she would have to have a c-sec as she had 1 1st time,
* she would be expected to try natural birth
* she will love the child of natural birth more than her c-sec 1

i cant help as have had 3 natural births.

I had a emergency section October 2008. Im seeing my consultant at 28 weeks to discuss a birth plan. Mw has already said to me that they will expect me to have a 'trial' of labour and see how i go. Unless its for medical reasons they wont give you a c-section. I had one as i failed to dilate the first time but they dont class this as a mdeical reason for opting for another c-section. Im happy to try vbac as i didnt like my experience and would rather have a natural delivery. C-section is not an easy option in my opinion. Hope this helps a little bit!

Its her choice - she can have natural or she CAN opt for a section. I don't think the thing about loving a vaginally born child is true, because my baby was born by section and I love her more than anything on the planet :lol:

thanks ladies. she had emergency c-sec due to babies heart stopping due to her then husband throwing her down stairs.

she is really stressing about birth options but wont register on here to ask for advice and the doc surgery have said she cant get an app with mw until she is pregnant.

i think it all depends on who is telling her this information, i mean if its just randoms then she shouldnt be paying a blind bit of notice, but if any of the comments come from medically qualified people then they may be correct - think it all depends on the individual consultant though as it seems to differ a lot from lady to lady on here

its friends and work ppl.

not really worth listening too then, she wont get to see a midwife before she is preg, but that actually matters very little as it will be consultants decision on delivery options - the only thing she could do is ask gp, but same applies to them they dont make the decisions :(

I had an emergency c-section 4 years ago, and this time round have been given the option as to what I want to do.
Could be different here though, I guess.

I think she will just have to wait and talk to her midwife about it once she is pregnant. Is it going to make a difference though? I mean, is she basing her decision about TTC around whether or not she can elect a c section? If not, then waiting to talk to mw should be OK, shouldn't it?

I think it's up to her which she would prefer I think. xx

she can do either but would be high risk trying vbac my friend had two vbacs no problem, my next door neighbour had 3 c sections and requested the last two.

thats crap bout not loving the baby the same i love my two children exactly the same labour/birth/section all means to an end of pregnancy how ever you decide

She could go for either one, but her doctor may recommend a c-section as most don't like to do VBACs, a planned c-section is an easier procedure and better for mum when it comes to healing than a 2nd emergency c-section would be.

You may not be able to ask for a c-section if you've never had a child/only had vaginal births, not sure. But that's not the case with her anyway :) I can't see anyone ever forcing a person who had a c-section previously to attempt a VBAC with the risks involved.. not that it can't be done and go well :)

And that's crazy that someone said she'd love a child delivered vaginally better than one delivered by c-section :growlmad: I love DD very much and she is a Cesarean birth- sometimes I do feel sad things didn't go smoothly and I didn't get a "normal birth" and I wish I had one because the healing time would have been faster and easier (I had complications from c-section)... but I don't love her any less!

She will be encouraged to have a VBAC, it has a 70% success rate and unless there are no other reasons to have a c/s then she should go for it unless she decides she doesnt want to take the risk (even though they are small) C/S is always an option and as long has they have been discussed then she can decide what is best for her.

.x.x.x.

oh that one about loving your vaginally born child more is wrong! i have one natural and 3 sections. i love all of them so much it hurts! none more than the others (really no favs here) that is bogus and cruel to tell a mother like that :(

My mum had an emergency c section with me at 29 weeks.

My brother was born naturally 2 years later, as was my sister 17 years later ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->