Question on Chart/OPK/FF

ginerashon

Reaction score
Hello :)

We just started temping and using FF app on the 15th of this month. We have been TTC for 3 months now(Quit BC at the end of NOV). DEC+JAN we got positive Opks on the 18th.

So we did the BD for the days leading up and the days after. This month we are a bit late it seems, and we have 3 positive OPK days now, with temperatures bouncing around...especially the one on the 21st....It went the lowest it's been and jumped waaay up....What gives? Is that normal?

https://imgur.com/a/hVG1B

OPKs can be positive for a few days. I'd say by your temps that you probably O'd on CD 22. FF should give crosshairs tomorrow if your temp is still elevated.

How long have you been temping? Are you doing it at the same time every day, as soon as you wake? That and having a solid block of sleep should give pretty accurate temps and lessen the amount of bouncing around you might see.

Thank you for your reply. We have been temping only since the 15th. We just found out about all of this extra information. There is just so much but I'm trying to get it down to a science.

My wife mentions that she wakes up in the middle of the night due to me snoring(shes lying!) or her getting hot/cold so hopefully that isn't hurting us too much with the temping -- Additionally she temps every M-F at 6:30AM and on weekend probably in the 8 o clock timeframe. Guessing I should ask her to wake up at 6:30AM on weekends too and then go back to bed....I mentioned it to her but its hard for her to fall back to sleep.

Thanks again for your reply :)

If you look at my FF chart below, you'll see my BBT is really up and down as well. I also had SEVERAL days worth of positive OPKs. But I still ovulated! Either on CD 20 or 21. How long are her cycles? Also, I read somewhere that getting 3 solid hours of sleep at least should be sufficient when it comes to accurate temping. And while she should be temping about the same time every morning, I don't see what an hour and a half could hurt just twice a week.

I wish you two the best of luck! This site should help a lot! I've had so many of my own questions answered on here and have learned a lot. :)

Hello Clynn393, I don't see your chart. Was it in your signature or something?

Thank you for that information. I believe her cycles have been about 30-32 days, but she just quit BC in NOV. This one appears to be a longer one I'm guessing

Yes, it is in my signature. Like smurphy90 said, FF should give crosshairs that will tell you when she ovulated based on her temps. Also looking at the OPK results I agree she probably ovulated on the 22nd. Ovulation is SUPPOSED to occur 14-15 days prior to your next period. So if that is the case with her that would only make this cycle longer by just a couple days. I don't think there's anything to worry about!

If she's still not getting crosshairs, and isn't willing to temp at 6:30 on weekends, you can try adjusting the temp with a BBT adjuster (https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php.) It works for a lot of women, for some others it's not accurate and gives them too much of a change, so they don't use it. I've found it's accurate for me, but when I use it, I note what time I actually took my temp and what that temp was, so I know I used an adjusted one for my chart.

That being said, FF will give blank circles on days that the time difference was too large, so you'll at least be able to see that those days may not be accurate.

Also, if she's not already, another way to eliminate too much bouncing around is to temp vaginally. Some people find oral temping to be fine, but vaginal is more accurate. You can use the same thermometer as you would for oral, just obviously don't use it orally after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->