question on drinks

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

if i drink fizzy pop or pure apple/orange juice i end up with runs (sorry TMI). if i drink orange/blackcurrant squash i end up constipated (again sorry TMI). i know i am limited on coffee cos of the caffine and i dont like the taste of plain water, and alcohol is very little.

is anyone else like this and do you have any ideas of WHAT i can drink???

lemon? Milk/milkshakes? Fruit smoothies?

I never liked the taste of water either and used to gag when I had it, but I got very dehydrated one summer and felt ill so often I decided to work on it. I still struggle if the water isn't really cold, but the health benefits really outweigh the negatives - it gets a lot easier! Try adding a slice of lemon or cucumber to help.

never been able to drink lemon squash makes me feel sick. i did wonder about milk but didnt know if there was a limit on how much you can have.

i live on decaf coffee, been told its fine if its in moderation, also find falvoured water or oasis (talk about addicted to that stuff!) is really nice to!

I think I know what you mean about orange juice and diarrhea. I was drinking a whole bunch of orange juice for a while because I craved it liked mad and it was delicious, but I did notice that it gave me diarrhea. I looked it up online and couldn't find any link between the two, which is weird. But apple juice doesn't give it to me. What about grape juice? I've also been getting into Welch's white grape juice, with other things like raspberry, peach, pear... really yummy stuff.

I never liked the taste of water either and used to gag when I had it, but I got very dehydrated one summer and felt ill so often I decided to work on it. I still struggle if the water isn't really cold, but the health benefits really outweigh the negatives - it gets a lot easier! Try adding a slice of lemon or cucumber to help.
I've got the same problem with water. I had to explain to the techs at my 13wk ultrasound that I didn't drink all of the water I was supposed to because I started gagging... ugh. But, then my OH's aunt gave us a huge bag of lemons and I had to think of something to do with them, so I started putting them in my water (squeezing a bit out of the slice first) and it's AMAZING. What a huge difference. Plus, the lemon makes it really refreshing. You could probably do the same thing with lime if you're not liking lemons....

I've just started drinkig alot of the Rubicon juices. I especially love the Guava and pomegranate ones

I've been drinking a lot of gatorade and powerade (although there is a LOT of sugar in them, so you really have to be watching your diet to not overload on sugar). But I started my pregnancy drinking Crystal Light mixed into my water. I especially love the fruit punch, raspberry lemonade, and iced tea flavors. The good thing about Crystal Light is that it's only 5 calories per serving (8-10 fl oz. I believe) and is pretty much all water just with some flavoring. Plus there's no sugar and no caffeene (I can never spell that right).

If you don't have actual lemons, you can also add a squeeze of ReaLemon or lemon juice from a bottle.

i cant drink anything with lemon it makes sick - this isnt just pregnancy related, its been since i was about 5yrs old.

What about trying to dilute orange or apple juice with water or sparkling water. I use about 25-40% juice diluted with water. Maybe then because you are drinking less of it, it would help with the diarrhoea issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->