Question out of interest

My_First

Reaction score
I'm 34 (ooo I had to think about that!), and just had my first baby who is 9 weeks old tomorrow:cloud9:

Anyway a question which I hope you dont mind. Those of you that are late 30's and into 40's did your pregnancies occur naturally or did you have assistance?

The only reason i ask is that its been programed into me that its so difficult to get pregnant after 40, yet there was a lady on my NCT class who was over 40 (she didnt divilge how much over), and I felt rude asking her whether it was natural or not...

Sorry if you think i am...:flower:

I conceived 2 days after my 36th birthday using clomid....

I had the last one at 39 and this one is at 42 with a mc Feb '10. All were natural.

My last LO i was 40 and this one 41 naturally, did have a mmc at xmas just before i concieved this LO x

i'm 40 and concieved naturally. this will be my first :thumbup:

I'm 37 and conceived naturally. This is my 5th pregnancy and it did take longer this time but still less than a year.

I conceived naturally on first attempt at 37. My DH was well pleased with himself, being 47, and now thinks he has super sperm! Lol x

Conceived immediately coming off the pill (never got my period) at age 35.

I turned 36 in Dec of 2010. I fell pregnant while on the pill Jan 11 that ended up ectopic, with twins. I waited 2 cycles and got my BFP in May. All natural. I should say my DH has supersonic sperm, seriously. He has an elevated level of the human growth hormone and the MD's cannot figure out why. He has had every test know to man. I think his "boys" live a little longer than the average mans. At least the OB feels that way.

BTW your baby is beautiful, CONGRATS!

I went through fertility investigation for 4 years and found out it was my medication keeping me from getting pregnant - meds for arthritis. I came off of those in July 2009, was pregnant by Aug 2009- had a mc, but think it was the residual effects of the meds in my system. I was pregnant again in January 2010 - naturally. DS was born perfectly in October 2010 and was pregnant again the second month trying January 2011. I must say tho, going again so quickly that this pregnancy is definitely harder on the body than my first. Not sure how old you are, but if you've time then I would give your body a bit more time than I did to recover - for me there were a number of factors (not just age) that made me want to have babies back to back. Good luck!!

I'm 35, fell preg last year and miscarried. It took 10 cycles to get pregnant but sadly miscarried again. Its 8 weeks since we lost our little girl, but here i am 4 weeks pregnant again. I am a bit shocked that it happened so quickly but also over the moon.

ETA: I also have two children.

I was 40 in January. This is my 3rd pregnancy and completely natural. I have 2 daughters age 15&13 from a previous marriage, I conceived them in my twenties both within first month of trying. This time around it has taken 8 cycles...so pretty good I think really!!!

I got pregnant with my first at 34 and this one at 37 naturally, this time it took a bit longer.

Hi everyone and congrats on your bfp's,I am 44 and conceived naturally,already have four lo's,age 5,8,10 and 12 ,have also had 9 mc's,really hope this lo sticks around,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I conceived naturally 2 months after TTC and a colleague at work had her first at 39 and her second at 43 both naturally :) xx

I just turned 41 and am pregnant for the first time. It was completely unplanned but DH and I are really happy about it.

I conceived my 1st at 34 and my 2nd at 37, both naturally, though I was temping and tracking my BBT to find out when I ovulated. 1st pregnancy I tracked for 4 months and then conceived, 2nd I tracked for longer but fell pregnant on the 2nd month we actually tried. :lol:

I conceived my 1st at 34 and my 2nd at 37, both naturally, though I was temping and tracking my BBT to find out when I ovulated. 1st pregnancy I tracked for 4 months and then conceived, 2nd I tracked for longer but fell pregnant on the 2nd month we actually tried. :lol:

I was using temp tracking as BC, I had an ultra-repeatable cycle for almos two years, then I believe some uber-stress at work induced ovulation about a week early.

I'm 40 and will be almost 41 when LO arrives. I fell pregnant straight off the back of 14 years of using an IUD/IUS. Unfortunately miscarried that at Christmas 2010 and left it a couple of cycles NTNP and fell the first month temping and using CBFM.

Pip x

first try and BAM! knocked up. i was 39 at conception and am now 40. i also got pregnant at 38 the first try but sadly that ended in MC.

basically i have been pregnant 3 times since i was 34 and with no help at all, and it took VERY little time :)

oh - i did use OPK's to figure out when i was ovulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->