Question - probably more to breastfeeding mommas :)

xJessie91x

Reaction score
Okay well its quite likely i'm being a bit 'thick', but I see mummies on here talking about their baby having diarrhoea .. but George always has runny poo ... is that because of breastfeeding or are your LO's poos more solid :s
:flower:

I am exclusively breastfeeding and my little one has very runny explosions. I think runny poos are normal when breastfeeding.

Sounds about right to me. F's poos were always on the runny side. Her pediatrician happened to see and let me know it looks completely fine because I was also concerned if it was of a too watery consistency. When I switched her over to formula it hardened up a bit.

Breastfed babies usually have loose stools. One fart explosion and they're done.
Usually.

Well.....sometimes it's more than one...in that case go ahead grab a change of clothes (hopefully just for the baby but I have had to change my own shirt as well :haha: ), a washcloth, diaper and at least 20 wipes because a disposable usually won't hold it all in :dohh:

And that is why we switched to cloth diapers :haha: They hold it in WAAAAY better :thumbup: No leaks since we've switched

The older they get, the less times they go but the quantity is WAAAAY more than before. Or that's always been the case with mine anyways.

Diarrhea and breast-fed poo are both runny, but they are not the same thing.

Yep my lo is breast fed and we literally know once he has pooped because of the sound. We then know we only have a small amount of time to get him changed before it leaks everywhere lol!!x

Even now, at 11 months, if she has a day where she doesn't have a lot of solids, poo can be rather runny. What's lovely is when she eats something like grapes that come out the same as they go in and she didn't have much else... it ends up as a weird sticky goo mixed with barely digested grape halves. There's a lovely picture for you.

Even now, at 11 months, if she has a day where she doesn't have a lot of solids, poo can be rather runny. What's lovely is when she eats something like grapes that come out the same as they go in and she didn't have much else... it ends up as a weird sticky goo mixed with barely digested grape halves. There's a lovely picture for you.

:haha: thanks for that :rofl:

Bf babies have runny yellowy poops, diahrea poops are usually very stinky, browny or green and have mucous in it, ewwwwww!

Im breast feeding too and my LO's poops are pretty runny but not like really liquid runny more like a thick sort of runny ha if that makes any since :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->