Question regarding cm and cp

missi1717

Reaction score
So I do not temp (I'm very forgetful)
I predict ovulation through cm and cp. I was supposed to ovulate on cd 16. We bd'd on cd 13, 14 and 15. I checked my cervix on cd 16 and it was completely closed and medium height and medium firm. We were going for a relaxed approach this month. I was trying to "not try" this month so I did not check my cervix prior to cd16. Obviously, I ovulated before then.
I had ewcm on cd 14 and 15.
I was always thinking that you ovulate after you experience ewcm??? But obviously I didn't bc my cp was not "SHOW"
Is it possible that I ovulated much earlier for my cervix to change so quickly????

My cervix is sometimes not super high even on fertile days, but it's always obviously open throughout the fertile period, then closes up maybe a couple of days after I've ovulated. I used opk and temp so there is no mistaking my ovulation. I'd say the openness is the biggest indicator but it doesn't tell you whether you oed before or have yet to o, it just means that on CD 16 you were not fertile.

I think if ur taking a relaxed approach, it's best to bd every other day the whole cycle. Or check ur cervix every other day as well to know when ur fertile. Ewcm on 14 and 15 are good signs though that you were fertile those days.

Thanks for your response!
I've been checking it for about a year now and I still become very confused. I can tell when it is super soft and high (almost disappears) But when it becomes firmer I have a hard time discovering whether it is open or not. I had a csection with my dd... after 51 hours of labor... I'm guessing the long labor made my cervix stay slightly open at all times, even though I didn't have a vaginal birth. Like it seems like it is always slightly open. Does that make sense?

My cervix is sometimes not super high even on fertile days, but it's always obviously open throughout the fertile period, then closes up maybe a couple of days after I've ovulated. I used opk and temp so there is no mistaking my ovulation. I'd say the openness is the biggest indicator but it doesn't tell you whether you oed before or have yet to o, it just means that on CD 16 you were not fertile.

I think if ur taking a relaxed approach, it's best to bd every other day the whole cycle. Or check ur cervix every other day as well to know when ur fertile. Ewcm on 14 and 15 are good signs though that you were fertile those days.

If I had ewcm on 14 and 15, but my cervix was hard on 16 could that mean it just closed very quickly??

I think it could mean that. You can also have EWCM on the day of ovulation and a fluctuation of a day or two is definitely normal. I would say you likely ovulated on CD14 or 15 and then it closed up. Mine usually does, even as early as the evening of the same day. But I don't get EWCM, only watery for a day or two so I have to watch it very closely. Any O pains?

I think it could mean that. You can also have EWCM on the day of ovulation and a fluctuation of a day or two is definitely normal. I would say you likely ovulated on CD14 or 15 and then it closed up. Mine usually does, even as early as the evening of the same day. But I don't get EWCM, only watery for a day or two so I have to watch it very closely. Any O pains?

Thanks for your input!
I did have some left sided sharp pains on day 15... but then again on cd 17 (even though it was firm and closed at that point)

Now I wish I paid more attention this month.. I tried to be more relaxed about it, but ended up with more anxiety Hahaha

Same thing happened to me the month I quit charting. I spazzed out the whole month, ovulated a week later than usual, causing a 35 day cycle instead of my average 29 day and that convinced me I was pregnant despite multiple bfns :p It was way worse than just paying attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->