Question

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by shasar, Sep 28, 2008.

1. shasar

shasar New Member

I dont know if anyone can answer my question but if you have a postive opk result on say Tuesday, then a negative one on the wednesday - does that mean you have ovulated? If it does, what days should I have harassed my hubby>I had to go away so we only had time on the friday before, the tues am and wed pm. Is there anyone who can answer me?

2. Chris77

Chris77 Mommy to PJ and Gavin

When you get a positive, you usually ovulate 12-36 hours later. A negative opk on the following day doesn't necessarily mean you've already ovulated. You could have just had a short LH surge.

3. Sarah+

Sarah+ Well-Known Member

And just to add that the best practical way to tell if your positive OPK (LH surge) actually resulted in ovulation, is to temp. You'll see a tip and raised temps following successful ovulation. Fertility friend website is good for this. :)

4. Chris77

Chris77 Mommy to PJ and Gavin

I agree with Sarah! :thumbup: I don't temp though because I can never remember to and always end up going to the bathroom first!! :dohh: :rofl:

5. Omi

Omi A Mummy At Last!

:rofl: Me too!!! Thats why i got myself a cbfm off ebay...now i dont have to worry about a thing! :)

6. NickyT75

NickyT75 RIP Sophie my angel

Sounds like you will probably have ovulated sometime on Wednesday hun.... so congratulations! you have timed your BD sessions perfectly! :happydance:

There will have been plenty of fresh :spermy: hanging around waiting to pounce on your eggie as soon as it popped its head outta the front door *so-to-speak* :rofl:

So now you can sit back, relax and enter the 2wk wait :hugs:

Good luck :dust: xx