Question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Mandykins, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Mandykins

Mandykins Well-Known Member

Hi guys!
    I am 8 weeks prego YAY! and I had a UTI early on (at 4 weeks) was given some antibiotics (which, yes! I did finish =P)
    The last week or so I have noticed that when I urinate it is VERY cloudy...
    I sometimes have that little feeling of an UTI for a few minutes and then it clears up
    I find that the uncomfortable feeling happens more often than not when I have eaten some or maybe a lot *grins*) of sugar

3 weeks ago I went for another UTI test and they said it was negative
    I know some people have suggested drinking cranberry juice, which I do daily.

I guess I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
    It is my first pregnancy and I am not too sure about what to expect
    should I got to the dr again? I have a appointment for my prenatal in a week and bit...should I go to a clinic earlier?

Any input would be great!

Thanks!!
    Mandy

2. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

I get them alot. i drink cranberry juice. Make sure it's 100% and not mixed with anything else. You need at least two tall glasses a day. Not only that drink alot of water. I barely ever have symtoms. I can never tell when I have a UTI but my pee sometimes gets cloudy. Sometimes it's cloudy and fine too.

3. Holly21

Holly21 Well-Known Member

Offensive smell, cloudiness, increased frequency of peeing, blood in urine, pain passing urine are all signs of a urinary tract infection which merits a course of antibiotics. Some people are prone to cystitis which is an inflammation of the bladder and may arise because of infection or may occur in the absence of infection. Wiping front to back, peeing after sex and trying to avoid friction around the urethral area (where you pee out of) during sex can help and cranberry juice has been shown to combat cystitis. Equally, drinking lots of clear fluids to flush out the bladder can help.

If you are worried you may have a UTI then your doc can test your urine again - a week and a bit is a long time to wait if you have uncomfortable symptoms. Congratulations on your pregnancy :hug: