Question....

natthecat

2 years TTC #1
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it difficult when they hear of someone elses pregnancy?

Just found out my niece is pregnant and she totally admitted she doesn't really want a baby and whilst I'll support her every step of the way, I kinda feel a little pissed that someone who was just being plain careless has managed to get pregnant so easily and has just had to " come to terms with it" rather than embracing it!

I know that circumstances are different for EVERYONE, even to the point where I went with a close friend of mine who went for a termination (because of circumstance) so I understand everyone is different....but seriously someone upstairs is mixing up our wishes and granting baby wishes to those who have simply asked for a promotion at work! lol!

Am I awful for thinking or saying that?

:dohh::muaha:

I feel a pang of jealousy when I see random strangers with baby bumps - but then I just think that one day someone else will feel those pangs of jealousy. For all I know the ones I feel jealous of could well have been in my situation 7 or 8 months earlier.

I don't think it's wrong to feel that way, and you're certainly not on your own. I think the desire to have our own children makes us feel irrational feelings at times and we can't always stop it no matter how hard we try!!

Anyhow - you got your positive OPK today - so you can celebrate being a step closer hun - that's great news!!

:hug:

I TOTALLY know how you feel!! You are not awful for thinking that all. I think a lot of us do. Just wanted to give you big :hug:!!!

You are definatley not one your own with this one hun. Just found out 2 weeks ago that my DH cousin is pregnant (we were at thier wedding last year) and she would be 2 weeks in front me if our bean had made it. I tried not to show it to DH as he was so scared to tell me and hurt me but I feel like it is going to be a constant reminder of my baby ie when iher baby born, birthdays etc as would have been the same age. April was going to be a real struggle anyway now it is going to be a lot lot harder.

I totally know where you are coming from. I thought that feeling might go away when we had our children, but I still feel a lot of resentment against it.

My neice-IL had an accident when we were TTC ....and then another....I just wanted to say...Woooahhhh hold on there. This generation ain't done yet!

No, you are not awful, I feel the exact same way and currently I am working with 4 pregnant girls!!!! 2 of them are not married and it was an oops, it happened, I'm keeping the baby. AAARRRGGHHH! Why can't I get pregnant so easily?!!!

I am with you ladies. I get super jealous and I think I just don't even really hide it anymore. (I am not rude though! :rofl:)

Yeah I do.

The worst case was when my friend/ coworker found out she was pregnant weeks after my m/c - got to admit that stung like a bitch, and working with her doesn't help...watching her bump grow and grow...

But I refuse to let myself become this bitter old woman. A baby is a miracle in anyones life.

Does anyone else find it difficult when they hear of someone elses pregnancy?

Just found out my niece is pregnant and she totally admitted she doesn't really want a baby and whilst I'll support her every step of the way, I kinda feel a little pissed that someone who was just being plain careless has managed to get pregnant so easily and has just had to " come to terms with it" rather than embracing it!

I know that circumstances are different for EVERYONE, even to the point where I went with a close friend of mine who went for a termination (because of circumstance) so I understand everyone is different....but seriously someone upstairs is mixing up our wishes and granting baby wishes to those who have simply asked for a promotion at work! lol!

Am I awful for thinking or saying that?

:dohh::muaha:

I am kinda in the same situation.. my sister found out she was pregnant last week after coming off pill 2 months ago and its unplanned. They are really excited and its all baby talk i even work with her so its baby talk 24.7
She 5 weeks gone and i feel like the green eyed monster now how am I gonna be when she has a bump. Im happy for them but every female I know under 50 are preg or just had babies.. its getting on my nerves :(

hell yeah esp now when i see people who havnet been trying as long as me or havent been together as long as me and OH.

im quite a bitter person lately...
xx

Ah you aren't awful.

Occasionally i have a totaly :hissy: fit about the fact that we aren't pregnant but for the most part i'm okay - i'm definitely okay with people who aren't close to be gettin pregnant but would prob have HUGE pangs of jealousy if any of my close friends fell, especially now we are going for IVF!

I do look longingly at strangers bumps... not in a stalker-ish way (i'm going to steal your baby):rofl: but in a longing way that next year it will be be... it better be!! :happydance:

Natthecat - Your not awful in any way at all, I too find it heartbreaking. I love my sister and my friends dearly (All have had children while OH and I are trying) but I struggle with the justice that almost all their preganacies were unplanned and I quote 'Just happened'.
Have faith though that we will be their soon and never feel disheartened.
xx

Natthecat - Your not awful in any way at all, I too find it heartbreaking. I love my sister and my friends dearly (All have had children while OH and I are trying) but I struggle with the justice that almost all their preganacies were unplanned and I quote 'Just happened'.
Have faith though that we will be their soon and never feel disheartened.
xx

Thanks Sarah!

A fellow Brummy TTC'er! :) :hug:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS....I do EVERY time it's mentioned, got to the point now where I think people try not to talk about it infront of me in case I fall apart, (I don't by the way, well not infront of them) that in a way feels even worse cos I know people feel pity for my which isn't nice. I feel horrible everytime I have these feelings, but when struggling to conceive I think it's a normal feeling to have. It can be so difficult.

Take care
Love Jayne x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back