Question

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Always&4ever, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Well girls this is a question for my mate not me lol, she had a period on the 1st september which lasted for around 3days, she had sex on the 12-13th and 17-18th sept without protection and had a bleed on the 29th sept, she said it was a pinky colour and only lasted a day and didn't have any period pains like she normally does, preg tests are negative and she had a blood test which also said neg but is a blood test 100% if shes very early on, she hasn't had a period since the 1st september.

2. littlestar

littlestar Proud Mum to a Little Boy

how long is her normal cycle?
    it is totally possible that all the stress and worry she's put herself through can delay the start of her period.

3. todteach

todteach Dreams can come true

When was her blood test?

4. magicvw

magicvw Hoping for a 3rd

There are 2 kinds of blood test - quantatitive and qualitative. The first tells you how much hcg is in the blood and will pick up only after a certain level, so early testing would give a :bfn: if levels are too low. The second type only tests for the actual presence of hcg, and is basically a yes no test. I believe they work no matter how early, but I might be wrong. If she's having bloods done, she will be able to ask the doc what the results mean :hugs: