Question

C

Chrissy7411

So I'm 36 weeks today and my next appointment is Friday. I was just wondering is it odd that my Dr. hasn't given me an estimated weight for my LO? I see so many women talking about the weight of there LO and all my Dr. ever says is "he's growing nice and healthy" I'm not concerned, just curious I guess.

Hello,
I've only had weight estimates after a scan when they've measured his abdomen, head, femur length etc. My midwife measures the fundal(?) height - pubic bone to top of uterus which should be 1cm per week pregnant - i've been 2cm over each time but he was breach at my last appointment so that could've effected it.
A midwife told me the other week that even the weight estimates from scans are very subjective and it can be +/-1lb each way - which is quite a lot really?!
I dont know, i guess they'd know if baby was very small or very big?
You could always ask at your next appointment? maybe they dont want to estimate incase they are way out? :)

I asked that question at my last appointment, she said that they dont tend to do it unless they feel theres a need to, as long as my fundal height measurements are on target they assume the babys growing and weighing as it should. Am sure theres some areas that do growth and weight as standard without it being due to a potential issue ... but I dont havethat here.

I remember at my 20 weeks scan, she did the measurements, she didn't tell me what they where and I was too busy looking at my LO that I forgot to ask :dohh: but that was the only time she ever measured anything, which I think is normal. But I haven't had an ultrasound since then and I'm not going to have anymore (unless something seems wrong and they need to see LO) which I think is normal too. I just wonder how big my baby is, he feels HUGE lol. Thank you, I'm going to ask at my next appointment :flower:

I asked my midwife this last time I saw her and she said no, they will just expect you to have a 7.5-8lbs baby.

The truth of the matter is no one can be really sure and some people will have a small baby others a larger one its all perfectly healthy! I am dying to know how big/small mine will be, I'm quite small so was hoping for a small baby! my mum and sister both had 6.5lbs ish babies!!

I asked that question at my last appointment, she said that they dont tend to do it unless they feel theres a need to, as long as my fundal height measurements are on target they assume the babys growing and weighing as it should. Am sure theres some counties that do growth and weight as standard without it being due to a potential issue ... but I dont havethat here.

Thank you :flow:

I asked my midwife this last time I saw her and she said no, they will just expect you to have a 7.5-8lbs baby.

The truth of the matter is no one can be really sure and some people will have a small baby others a larger one its all perfectly healthy! I am dying to know how big/small mine will be, I'm quite small so was hoping for a small baby! my mum and sister both had 6.5lbs ish babies!!

Thank you.

I'm hoping for a small baby too! I'm 5'1 and 95 lbs pre pregnancy... So I'm quite small, I've always been that way. I was around 6 lbs when I was born, OH was almost 10 :wacko: fingers are crossed he doesn't take after his daddy :haha:

Thank you.

I'm hoping for a small baby too! I'm 5'1 and 95 lbs pre pregnancy... So I'm quite small, I've always been that way. I was around 6 lbs when I was born, OH was almost 10 :wacko: fingers are crossed he doesn't take after his daddy :haha:

I'm pretty much the same height as you! hubby is 6'2" so I'm hoping baby is small to start with at least!! a friend of mine was told she would have a 10lbs baby, they offered her a c-section and when baby came out she was only 7.5lbs! lucky she opted for a natural delivery! they can get it so wrong!

Yeh i always wanted to know this too, as my mw just measures my bump at my appointments but never gives an estimate due to weight. I was a 8lbs baby and im hoping she wont be too big due to my SPD lol

I'm pretty much the same height as you! hubby is 6'2" so I'm hoping baby is small to start with at least!! a friend of mine was told she would have a 10lbs baby, they offered her a c-section and when baby came out she was only 7.5lbs! lucky she opted for a natural delivery! they can get it so wrong!

Oh my gosh! Thank god she did, I would of been so upset if I got a c section and in the end it wasn't necessary! :wacko:

Yeh i always wanted to know this too, as my mw just measures my bump at my appointments but never gives an estimate due to weight. I was a 8lbs baby and im hoping she wont be too big due to my SPD lol

Same here. My appointments are so fast. I just get my cervix checked and my bump measured. Awh I hope she isn't too big :hugs: apparently babies are made to suit the mothers body. Of course it's not always like this, but I read it somewhere, I don't remember where or when :dohh:

I got a scan at 22 weeks where my doctor said my baby had really long legs and since then has only measured my fundal height. However since I have been regularly 2 weeks ahead the doctor said I will probably have a big baby and if I go too far over he will do a scan to estimate the size to see how I am likely to cope so I don't think it is "normal" to have weight estimates it's just that if someone knows them they will probably post them. :)

I got a scan at 22 weeks where my doctor said my baby had really long legs and since then has only measured my fundal height. However since I have been regularly 2 weeks ahead the doctor said I will probably have a big baby and if I go too far over he will do a scan to estimate the size to see how I am likely to cope so I don't think it is "normal" to have weight estimates it's just that if someone knows them they will probably post them. :)

Makes sense :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"