questionabout cribs

magicbubble

Reaction score
what age can you use them upto? my mother in law has offered her old one which looks a bitlike this https://www.mothercare.com/Cosatto-...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44361031&mcb=core

i like it but i really wanted a full size cotbed that would last a few yearsx

They are only about the size of a moses basket, maybe slightly bigger but probably won't last much more than about 4-5 months. They are an alternative to a moses basket but an expensive alternative lol.

I had a moses basket then went straight to the cot bed at about 2 months - my son grew at an alarming rate lol xxx

they say you can use them up to 6 months depending on size of child, i guess play it by ear and if they start to look a little cramped then move them to a cot.
I think they also say they shouldn't be in them once they can sit up by themselves.
I think they are nice for the first few months because Cots are always too big for newborns and they can look a little lost, but if they have a basket or crib it can be a bit cosier.

xx

^WSS. It's the same as for a moses basket. The official advice is until 6 months or until baby can sit up (whichever is sooner). Some babies will grow out of them at a younger age than this though. Personally, if somebody was offering me a nice crib like that I would snatch their hand off! If it's free, you can buy a cot bed later on and you'll only have spent the same money, but by having a smaller crib first you save space in the room that can be used for a changing table or something. After baby can roll, I wouldn't use a changing table so then you can move the crib and the table out and get a nice big cotbed (some are absolutely massive!).

One thing to check with second hand furniture is how far apart the bars are. If you Google what the safe space is, make sure it falls within that. Some older cots aren't very safe so I'd want to check that and if it's been painted, make sure it's baby-safe paint and not flakey or anything. Also make sure you buy a new mattress!

We are going to go for a cot which can be changed to a junoir bed....lasts for up to 5 years!

I had a moses with my first but he grew out of it at 3 weeks! put him into a travel cot and then his real in his room at 4 months, this time we're usin a crib as they are sightly bigger than a moses, my nephew was in his till he was 11 months lol nevereven tried to climb out jus laid there, he loved it! Its all about personal preference, you need a cot as well a a moses or crib anyway, u cud always get a moses and put that in the cot to save space?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->