Questionaire

StrongerDust

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just thought it'd be interestingt to post this questionaire about what sort of things you'll do when you're pregnant/baby is born. I think it's a good idea, as I think a lot of women haven't thought about the answers to these questions and it'd be nice to see what everyone answers.

(copy questionaire into a new reply and fill in your answers!)

1. Where do you think you'll give birth? Hospital? Home Birth? Birth Center? Why?

2. Will you give your baby a dummy/soother?

3. Will you breastfeed or bottle feed? Why?

4. What sort of pushchair would you'd like? Travel system? Pram? Buggie?

5. Will you consider buying yourself a pregnancy body pillow when you're pregnant?

6. What do you think you'll find most difficult during pregnancy?

7. If induction becomes necessary, would you like to try natural induction techniques first (with the guidance of medical staff)? If so, what natural techniques would you like to try? Walking? Breast stimulation? Eating pineapple? Bumpy car ride? Yoga? Massage? Other?

8. Will you'll baby be co-sleeping/in a cot/in a crib/in a moses basket once born?

9. How do you think you might like to give birth? (e.g. kneeling, standing, squatting, in bed)

10. Would you consider using the birthing pool during any part of your labour?

11. Would you use a birthing ball or stool during labour?

12. What sort of pain relief would you like during labour? Cold therapy? TENS?
Breathing techniques? Distraction? Massage? Nothing? Meditation? Hot therapy?

13. Do you think you'd attend labour classes?

14. Would you like skin-to-skin contact with your baby straight after birth?

15. Do you or your partner plan on cutting the cord?

16. Will you use a baby monitor, if so, which one and why?

17. Would you think about buying Movement/Sound Baby Monitor? (Under-the-mattress SensorPad to monitor all your baby's movements, even the lightest breath. Variable sensitivity settings, alarm will sound if no movement/breathing has been detected for 20 seconds)?

18. Will you find out the sex of your baby before it's born?

19. Would you like the option of taking home the placenta?

20. Would you like to feed your baby on demand or on schedule?

21. If a caesarean is required, what are your views on this?

22. If an assisted delivery is necessary, what are your views on this?

23. Do you want your birthing partner with you at all times during your labour and birth?

24. Do you want your birthing partner with you during a caesarean section (C-Section), if needed?

25. Would you like ALL other visitors and unnecessary staff in the hospital to be turned away by staff until you have had time alone your new baby?

26. If you go past your due date and the baby and you are fine, would you prefer to go into labour naturally rather than be induced?

27. If labour is not progressing, would you like to have the amniotic membrane ruptured before other methods are used to augment labour?

28. Would you like minimal internal vaginal exams during labour, unless you request?

29. Would you like fetal monitoring to be continuous? (limited movement during labour)

30. If pushing for more than several hours, are you open to medical intervention in labour?

31. Are you planning to bring anything with you to the hospital to help your through labour?

32. Would you like to use staff/your birthing partner for leg support during delivery?

33. As baby is delivered, would you like to touch the head as it crowns?

34. Use a mirror to see the baby crown?

35. Catch your baby and pull it onto your abdomen as it is born?

36. For your baby to hear your voice first?

37. Would you like an episiotomy rather than risk a tear?

38. Would you want the episiotomy performed with local anaesthesia or with pressure without local anaesthesia?

39. What pain relief options would you prefer and in what order?

40. Would you like the baby given to you immediately after delivery or after suctioning/weighing/being cleaned/being swaddled?

41. Do you want your baby to be given vitamin K?

42. If so, would you like it to be given by an injection or orally?

43. Do you want the umbilical cord to ONLY be cut after it stops pulsating?

44. If your baby is cold do you wish to be given the opportunity to practice skin-to-skin care rather than having him/her placed under heat lamps?

45. Do you want to deliver the placenta naturally if possible?

46. Would you like to see the placenta before it is discarded?

47. Would you like the baby’s medical exam given only after you and baby have bonded, unless medically necessary?

48. As long as your baby is healthy, would you like your birthing partner to be the baby's constant source of attention until you are free to bond with it (i.e., holding, skin-to-skin contact, etc.)?

49. Would you like the baby’s medical exam to include a hearing screening test, if possible?

50. Would you like your baby’s medical exam to include a hepatitis B injection/other injections?

51. If you are planning to bottle feed, what is the name of the formula you’re planning to give to your baby?

52. Would you like your baby to stay with you at all times, only when you’re awake, only for feeding, or only when you request?

53. If a caesarean is required, would you like the screen lowered so you can watch your baby come out?

54. If a caesarean is required, would you like medical staff to be quiet during the operation? (e.g, no 'small talk').

55. What do you want to do if your baby has to go into a special baby care unit?

56. Do you want students observing and/or helping during labour/birth?

57. Do you mind having medical students, interns, residents, none-essential personnel present at your birth?

58. If your baby is a boy, would you like him to be circumcised?

59. Would you like to be discharged from hospital with your baby as soon as possible?

60. Would you like to donate the cord blood?

61. Would you like to meet with a lactation consultant before you are discharged, if possible?

62. Would you use disposable or re-useable nappies?

63. Are you more likely to buy a bouncer or swing for your newborn baby?

64. Have you thought about using a pregnancy journel to record your pregnancy experience in?

65. Would you consider getting a baby walker for when your baby starts walking?

66. How will you wash your baby? In your bath? Baby bath? Wash bowl? Sink? Top 'n Tail bowl?

67. Will you be taking vitamins during pregnancy?

68. Will you take 'new mum' vitamins after birth?

69. Will you have a baby shower?

70. Do you think you'd use TENS at all throughout pregnancy/labour?

71. Would you buy yourself a special pregnancy seatbelt for when you're in the car?

72. If you breastfeed, do you think you'll use a breast pump?

73. Would you buy a Pre-natal Heart Listening Device to use during pregnancy?

Questionaire

Hi guys,
Just thought it'd be interestingt to post this questionaire about what sort of things you'll do when you're pregnant/baby is born. I think it's a good idea, as I think a lot of women haven't thought about the answers to these questions and it'd be nice to see what everyone answers.

(copy questionaire into a new reply and fill in your answers!)

1. Where do you think you'll give birth? Hospital? Home Birth? Birth Center? Why?
I want to do it t home, hubby wants me to go to hospital which I really don't want to do, so we will go to thE birthing centre which is about 20 mins from us.

Probably as I don't know of any reason not to.

I'll try breast but if it doesn't work or I don't like it ill bottle feed.

Getting a travel system as its the cheapest most practical option for us.

5. Will you consider buying yourself a pregnancy body pillow when you're pregnant?
Yes!! But I don't think I'll buy one, I'll probably just find a good sized pillow round the house.

Right now is hard at 14 weeks as I've not got a bump, and I don't feel pregnant other than weeing a lot. It's boring, I want something to happen!!

7. If induction becomes necessary, would you like to try natural induction techniques first (with the guidance of medical staff)? If so, what natural techniques would you like to try? Walking? Breast stimulation? Eating pineapple? Bumpy car ride? Yoga? Massage? Other?
Probably not. If I need inducing, I'll probably want it done as quickly as possible!

8. Will you'll baby be co-sleeping/in a cot/in a crib/in a moses basket once born?
In a cot next to the bed.

9. How do you think you might like to give birth? (e.g. kneeling, standing, squatting, in bed)
Considering a water birth

Yes

I might try all the methods, just to say I have done!

I'm going to try just gas and air

Yes

Yes

I want my husband to if he's up for it.

Yes. We have a BT digital one as it had excellent reviews

17. Would you think about buying Movement/Sound Baby Monitor? (Under-the-mattress SensorPad to monitor all your baby's movements, even the lightest breath. Variable sensitivity settings, alarm will sound if no movement/breathing has been detected for 20 seconds)?
No, I won't

Yes, October 14th, can't wait!!

Dear god NO!! I find that totally disgusting.

Start on demand but try to move to a routine ASAP.

If it is needed for my baby to come out healthy and alive, then go for it.

As above.

23. Do you want your birthing partner with you at all times during your labour and birth?
If I have to go through it, then he's not getting out of it!

24. Do you want your birthing partner with you during a caesarean section (C-Section), if needed?
Yes

25. Would you like ALL other visitors and unnecessary staff in the hospital to be turned away by staff until you have had time alone your new baby?
No, anyone and everyone is welcome.

26. If you go past your due date and the baby and you are fine, would you prefer to go into labour naturally rather than be induced?
Naturally

27. If labour is not progressing, would you like to have the amniotic membrane ruptured before other methods are used to augment labour?
I don't know enough about this to answer

28. Would you like minimal internal vaginal exams during labour, unless you request?
Not fussed

29. Would you like fetal monitoring to be continuous? (limited movement during labour)
Whatever is safest

30. If pushing for more than several hours, are you open to medical intervention in labour?
I'd like not to. But if necessary I will

31. Are you planning to bring anything with you to the hospital to help your through labour?
My husband!!

32. Would you like to use staff/your birthing partner for leg support during delivery?
?? Not thought about this!

Ew. No.

No thanks!

Gross. All that is for the doctor to do.

Not bothered

Yes.

38. Would you want the episiotomy performed with local anaesthesia or with pressure without local anaesthesia?
Anaesthetic. I'm terrified about this.

As little as possible unless I tear.

40. Would you like the baby given to you immediately after delivery or after suctioning/weighing/being cleaned/being swaddled?
Immediately

Don't know about this.

??

When the doctors think its the best time do it, we will trust them.

44. If your baby is cold do you wish to be given the opportunity to practice skin-to-skin care rather than having him/her placed under heat lamps?
Whatever is safest under doctors advice

Yes

Dear god no.

47. Would you like the baby’s medical exam given only after you and baby have bonded, unless medically necessary?
Yes

48. As long as your baby is healthy, would you like your birthing partner to be the baby's constant source of attention until you are free to bond with it (i.e., holding, skin-to-skin contact, etc.)?
Yes

49. Would you like the baby’s medical exam to include a hearing screening test, if possible?
Yes

50. Would you like your baby’s medical exam to include a hepatitis B injection/other injections?
Don't know enough about this.

51. If you are planning to bottle feed, what is the name of the formula you’re planning to give to your baby?
Don't know.

52. Would you like your baby to stay with you at all times, only when you’re awake, only for feeding, or only when you request?
At all times

53. If a caesarean is required, would you like the screen lowered so you can watch your baby come out?
Nooooooo

54. If a caesarean is required, would you like medical staff to be quiet during the operation? (e.g, no 'small talk').
Haha "so how was your weekend"... I'd like them focused!

55. What do you want to do if your baby has to go into a special baby care unit?
Not thought about it

Watching. Yes. I don't mind. But assisting, no.

57. Do you mind having medical students, interns, residents, none-essential personnel present at your birth?
No

No

59. Would you like to be discharged from hospital with your baby as soon as possible?
When it's safe

If I don't need it, someone else can have it.

61. Would you like to meet with a lactation consultant before you are discharged, if possible?
Yes

A combination of the two

We have both given to us.

64. Have you thought about using a pregnancy journel to record your pregnancy experience in?
I write in on every couple of weeks. It's where my scan pics go too.

Yes

66. How will you wash your baby? In your bath? Baby bath? Wash bowl? Sink? Top 'n Tail bowl?
Bath I guess.

I do, every day.

Probably

No, it's not a UK thing.

??

71. Would you buy yourself a special pregnancy seatbelt for when you're in the car?
I will when I'm bigger

Yes, I've been told an electric breast pump is a life saver!

No because I'm not experienced in using one andi would worry if I couldn't find the heart beat.

JEEEEESUS!!!! Thank you for making me realise how little I know about giving birth!!!!! Hahaha. I've definitely got some research to do!!!

Hospital, because I would be considered high risk (hard time TTC & over 35), so it would be tough to qualify into a birth center, and it might not be safe to do a home birth.

2. Will you give your baby a dummy/soother? If it needs one- Some of my sibs used them, others didn't. It depends on the child. I don't think they're evil :)

3. Will you breastfeed or bottle feed? Why? Breast, as long as I can

4. What sort of pushchair would you'd like? Travel system? Pram? Buggie? IMO, people safely traveled with their babies long before "travel systems" were required. I imagine I will find something that fits in my car & budget.

5. Will you consider buying yourself a pregnancy body pillow when you're pregnant? If I am having trouble sleeping & feel like it would help

Being uncomfortable. Having strangers touch my belly without asking first...

I would try natural first (stimulation, associated foods, massage or acupuncture), and only go beyond that if the baby was in distress.

Basket or basinette then crib- I am not a fan of co-sleeping, personally.

9. How do you think you might like to give birth? (e.g. kneeling, standing, squatting, in bed) I will find what is the most comfortable position for me, and it will depend on my strength, and the baby's position. I would imagine that I would not be in only one of these- I will try whatever feels right & is working...

10. Would you consider using the birthing pool during any part of your labour? Sure, why not?

If it works, I will try it

12. What sort of pain relief would you like during labour? Cold therapy? TENS? Breathing techniques? Distraction? Massage? Nothing? Meditation? Hot therapy? I will explore with my midwife what she has seen work the best, and will try a few things.

103. Do you think you'd attend labour classes? Absolutely

yes

partner, as long as he can stand it :)

one that works in my house, and fits my budget. Do people REALLY already have this stuff picked out when they are TTC? I don't. I will get these things when the time comes.

Not sure- that seems a little extreme to me.

18. Will you find out the sex of your baby before it's born? I say no, but will likely break down & find out. I am pretty impatient.

YES! I will have it made into pills & then a tincture to be saved for menopause.

I will try to develop a schedule so that my family can function with some sanity. But a lot depends on the child.

Only if absolutely medically necessary. And my DH & midwife will advocate on my behalf if I cannot.

If medically necessary only.

Yes. I couldn't imagine doing it without him

24. Do you want your birthing partner with you during a caesarean section (C-Section), if needed? Absolutely. Every step of the way.

yes. or my mother in law will wind up jumping in bed with me & snatching the baby. Ditto my sister :)

naturally

only if medically necessary

28. Would you like minimal internal vaginal exams during labour, unless you request? exaine whatever you have to, folks, I am spread eagle & hanging out.

if the baby is doing OK & the hospital doesn't require it, I see no reason to have the monitoring be continuous.

only if medically necessary

a few things from home, and some distractions

depends on how long the delivery goes. Don't know if DH can do that for 19 hours...

if i can reach.

maybe

no, I want someone else to catch it, then place it on my body.

it will hear a lot of things first. I have been in delivery before- it is a cacophony of noise :)

37. Would you like an episiotomy rather than risk a tear? if it comes to that, yes

without, if I can handle it

attempting to do all natural. so, herbal remedies only.

suction first- i don't need to have it choke. then give it to me before it gets swaddled, etc

no- DH is severely allergic & we will wait on that one.

cut it when you want to, I will be dealing with other things.

yes, then lamps if necessary

yes.

I will be KEEPING it

yes

yes

yes, but they are unreliable

no

no formula

i may need some rest, but likely won't want to be separated

no. I do not want to see the cut.

chat away, i am sure I will....

pray

no thanks

no thanks

yes

no, but that's policy in the US

saving mine

yes

re-usable at home & with family, disposable when out- just as I was raised

bouncer. we have a large dog who might play on the swing :)

Yes- I have already begun my TTC journal

depends on where we are living- we are house hunting at the moment

sink in this house- maybe a baby bath if someone gives us one at the shower

already taking while TTC

absolutely

yes

No, to my knowledge that is not recommended for use during pregnancy

yes

yes- electric

I doubt it

Where do you think you'll give birth? Hospital? Home Birth? Birth Center? Why?
Queens Medical centre Nottingham
2. Will you give your baby a dummy/soother? yes I gave my first child one until her first birthday and then took it away which id do the same again.

3. Will you breastfeed or bottle feed? Why? Id bottle feed just because im a bit embarrased and in my first pregnancy I started leaking milk at 12 weeks my boobs hurt so much I couldn't breastfeed and chose not too as wanted milk supply to go quickly

4. What sort of pushchair would you'd like? Travel system? Pram? Buggie? id have a pushchair this time round.

5. Will you consider buying yourself a pregnancy body pillow when you're pregnant? No

6. What do you think you'll find most difficult during pregnancy?of anything like last time sleeping...

Walking and bumpy car ride

8. Will you'll baby be co-sleeping/in a cot/in a crib/in a moses basket once born? Moses basket till 12 weeks then cot.

9. How do you think you might like to give birth? (e.g. kneeling, standing, squatting, in bed) i had c section with the first and would love another if I cant then probably kneeliing
yes through it all if could
birthing ball yes
Breathing techniques? Distraction? Massage? Nothing? Meditation? Hot therapy? gas and air

13. Do you think you'd attend labour classes? nope

14. Would you like skin-to-skin contact with your baby straight after birth? yes

15. Do you or your partner plan on cutting the cord? partner

16. Will you use a baby monitor, if so, which one and why? hmm probably but don't know which one

no
18. Will you find out the sex of your baby before it's born? Probably but id like to try not too
no
20. Would you like to feed your baby on demand or on schedule? schedule

21. If a caesarean is required, what are your views on this? I had c section first time round and I honestly loved it o actually dont want to do labour and want another section

this is my biggest fear of labour
yes
tes
yes. I did with my first it was lovely after 5 years :)
26. If you go past your due date and the baby and you are fine, would you prefer to go into labour naturally rather than be induced? no I think id like to be induced

Ye
not too fussed
29. Would you like fetal monitoring to be continuous? (limited movement during labour) ye

30. If pushing for more than several hours, are you open to medical intervention in labour? No
no
no
no
34. Use a mirror to see the baby crown? ye

35. Catch your baby and pull it onto your abdomen as it is born? id be scared

36. For your baby to hear your voice first? I dunno

hmm
38. Would you want the episiotomy performed with local anaesthesia or with pressure without local anaesthesia? with

39. What pain relief options would you prefer and in what order? gas and air

immediately
ye
42. If so, would you like it to be given by an injection or orally? injection

43. Do you want the umbilical cord to ONLY be cut after it stops pulsating? anytime

44. If your baby is cold do you wish to be given the opportunity to practice skin-to-skin care rather than having him/her placed under heat lamps? as ling as baby is safe either.

45. Do you want to deliver the placenta naturally if possible? Ye
46. Would you like to see the placenta before it is discarded? non

yes
48. As long as your baby is healthy, would you like your birthing partner to be the baby's constant source of attention until you are free to bond with it (i.e., holding, skin-to-skin contact, etc.)? no

49. Would you like the baby’s medical exam to include a hearing screening test, if possible? Yes
50. Would you like your baby’s medical exam to include a hepatitis B injection/other injections? dybno

cow and gate
all tijes
yes
not bothered
55. What do you want to do if your baby has to go into a special baby care unit? I dunnon

dunno they've got to learn at some point
i
no
if all is healthy
nob
61. Would you like to meet with a lactation consultant before you are discharged, if possible? nob

62. Would you use disposable or re-useable nappies? disposable

63. Are you more likely to buy a bouncer or swing for your newborn baby? bouncer

yes
65. Would you consider getting a baby walker for when your baby starts walking? yes

66. How will you wash your baby? In your bath? Baby bath? Wash bowl? Sink? Top 'n Tail bowl? baby bath

tes
no
no
70. Do you think you'd use TENS at all throughout pregnancy/labour?no

71. Would you buy yourself a special pregnancy seatbelt for when you're in the car?no

72. If you breastfeed, do you think you'll use a breast pump? yes

I was going to answer til I realized how many qs there were. All I can say is 90% of what u plan on doing goes out the window when the time actually comes!

1. Where do you think you'll give birth? Hospital? Home Birth? Birth Center? Why? Hospial

2. Will you give your baby a dummy/soother? Yes

3. Will you breastfeed or bottle feed? Why? I will breast feed, breast is best :thumbup:

4. What sort of pushchair would you'd like? Travel system? Pram? Buggie? Travel system - Moodd -Quinny

5. Will you consider buying yourself a pregnancy body pillow when you're pregnant? Yes

6. What do you think you'll find most difficult during pregnancy? To not stress during the first 12 weeks.

7. If induction becomes necessary, would you like to try natural induction techniques first (with the guidance of medical staff)? If so, what natural techniques would you like to try? Walking? Breast stimulation? Eating pineapple? Bumpy car ride? Yoga? Massage? Other? Yeah I would, I would try all of the above.

8. Will you'll baby be co-sleeping/in a cot/in a crib/in a moses basket once born? Moses basket

9. How do you think you might like to give birth? (e.g. kneeling, standing, squatting, in bed) The most comfiest position I can get it into, I'm hoping laying down in bed though!

10. Would you consider using the birthing pool during any part of your labour? Yes

11. Would you use a birthing ball or stool during labour? Yes, I would use the birthing ball.

Breathing techniques? Distraction? Massage? Nothing? Meditation? Hot therapy? If possible I would like to have the Epidural, gas & air and of course a massage :winkwink:

13. Do you think you'd attend labour classes? Yes, I know nothing will compare to the day but I do want to try and prepare my self the best I can.

14. Would you like skin-to-skin contact with your baby straight after birth? Most definitely! :cloud9:

15. Do you or your partner plan on cutting the cord? I'd like my husband too.

16. Will you use a baby monitor, if so, which one and why? Yes, I'm not clued up on the makes and brands but I'll be buying a decent one and preferably one where it has a webcam so you can also see the baby as well as hear them.

17. Would you think about buying Movement/Sound Baby Monitor? (Under-the-mattress SensorPad to monitor all your baby's movements, even the lightest breath. Variable sensitivity settings, alarm will sound if no movement/breathing has been detected for 20 seconds)? Didn't know there was such a thing, but yes. Sounds fantastic!

18. Will you find out the sex of your baby before it's born? Yes

19. Would you like the option of taking home the placenta? Nope

20. Would you like to feed your baby on demand or on schedule? Schedule, I want my baby in a routine.

21. If a caesarean is required, what are your views on this? Anything to make sure my baby was ok.

22. If an assisted delivery is necessary, what are your views on this? If it was necessary then that would be fine by me.

23. Do you want your birthing partner with you at all times during your labour and birth? Yes, my husband.

24. Do you want your birthing partner with you during a caesarean section (C-Section), if needed? Yes, my husband.

25. Would you like ALL other visitors and unnecessary staff in the hospital to be turned away by staff until you have had time alone your new baby? Yes, I want just me and my husband.

26. If you go past your due date and the baby and you are fine, would you prefer to go into labour naturally rather than be induced? I'm so impatient I would prefer to be induced.

27. If labour is not progressing, would you like to have the amniotic membrane ruptured before other methods are used to augment labour? Yes?

28. Would you like minimal internal vaginal exams during labour, unless you request? Yes

29. Would you like fetal monitoring to be continuous? (limited movement during labour) Yes, of course

30. If pushing for more than several hours, are you open to medical intervention in labour? Yes

31. Are you planning to bring anything with you to the hospital to help your through labour? Yes, my docking station.

32. Would you like to use staff/your birthing partner for leg support during delivery? My husband.

33. As baby is delivered, would you like to touch the head as it crowns? Nope

34. Use a mirror to see the baby crown? Nope

35. Catch your baby and pull it onto your abdomen as it is born? Yes, if possible

36. For your baby to hear your voice first? Myself or my husbands

37. Would you like an episiotomy rather than risk a tear? I don't know, this scares me. I think I would like an episiotomy, I don't think I'd care whilst in labour.

38. Would you want the episiotomy performed with local anaesthesia or with pressure without local anaesthesia? Anaesthesia

39. What pain relief options would you prefer and in what order? 1) Epidural 2) Gas & Air

40. Would you like the baby given to you immediately after delivery or after suctioning/weighing/being cleaned/being swaddled? Immediately :cloud9:

41. Do you want your baby to be given vitamin K? Yes

42. If so, would you like it to be given by an injection or orally? Orally

43. Do you want the umbilical cord to ONLY be cut after it stops pulsating? I don't know, I'm not fussed.

44. If your baby is cold do you wish to be given the opportunity to practice skin-to-skin care rather than having him/her placed under heat lamps? I don't know what ever the doctors recommend.

45. Do you want to deliver the placenta naturally if possible? Yes

46. Would you like to see the placenta before it is discarded? Nope, BIN!

47. Would you like the baby’s medical exam given only after you and baby have bonded, unless medically necessary? No once I've had a little cuddle the baby can be checked medically.

48. As long as your baby is healthy, would you like your birthing partner to be the baby's constant source of attention until you are free to bond with it (i.e., holding, skin-to-skin contact, etc.)? Yes :cloud9:

49. Would you like the baby’s medical exam to include a hearing screening test, if possible? Yes

50. Would you like your baby’s medical exam to include a hepatitis B injection/other injections? Yes

51. If you are planning to bottle feed, what is the name of the formula you’re planning to give to your baby? I'm going to be breast feeding

52. Would you like your baby to stay with you at all times, only when you’re awake, only for feeding, or only when you request? All times

53. If a caesarean is required, would you like the screen lowered so you can watch your baby come out? Yes

54. If a caesarean is required, would you like medical staff to be quiet during the operation? (e.g, no 'small talk'). They can talk, but only if it's about me and my baby :haha:

55. What do you want to do if your baby has to go into a special baby care unit? Not much I can do.

56. Do you want students observing and/or helping during labour/birth? No

57. Do you mind having medical students, interns, residents, none-essential personnel present at your birth? No

58. If your baby is a boy, would you like him to be circumcised? No

59. Would you like to be discharged from hospital with your baby as soon as possible? As long as my baby and myself were okay, then yes :hugs:

60. Would you like to donate the cord blood? If I could help someone then yes.

61. Would you like to meet with a lactation consultant before you are discharged, if possible? Yes

62. Would you use disposable or re-useable nappies? Both

63. Are you more likely to buy a bouncer or swing for your newborn baby? Not for my new born, maybe a few months down the line.

64. Have you thought about using a pregnancy journel to record your pregnancy experience in? Nope

65. Would you consider getting a baby walker for when your baby starts walking? Yes

66. How will you wash your baby? In your bath? Baby bath? Wash bowl? Sink? Top 'n Tail bowl? Baby bath

67. Will you be taking vitamins during pregnancy? Yes

68. Will you take 'new mum' vitamins after birth? Yes

69. Will you have a baby shower? Yes

70. Do you think you'd use TENS at all throughout pregnancy/labour? :shrug:

71. Would you buy yourself a special pregnancy seatbelt for when you're in the car? Nope

72. If you breastfeed, do you think you'll use a breast pump? Yes

73. Would you buy a Pre-natal Heart Listening Device to use during pregnancy? Nope

So, looking forward to getting pregnant after doing this. There is SO much to know and to look into!

Thanks for posting!

Hospital. I've had a previous c-section so a VBAC at home is a fight anway and you can't generally VBAC in a birth centre. I had a PPH following DS's birth and heavy bleeding during my miscarriage so I'm at high risk of a bleed following the third stage.

If it wants one.

I don't really see this as something that should be a question. Breast feeding is the natural normal way to feed a baby. Formula feeding is a brilliant invention for when breastfeeding doesn't go to plan. Most formula feeders started out wanting to breast feed and questions like this before women have even conceived lead to a lot of mommy-wars later on.

I have a Mothercare spin. I doubt I'll be using it for baby until its over a year old as I prefer to use a carrier.

No.... I'll just use extra normal pillows.

I don't think it will take too long to get pregnant so I'm expecting I'll be nursing DS during first trimester while he gets his 2-yr-old molars (he's already started getting one). Thats not gonna be much fun. And I'll have zero time for extra naps for me.

Define "necessary"? If I go over 42 weeks then I'll be declining induction and will wait it out with additional monitoring. Going over has risks, but induction has risks as well.

"Natural" induction methods only work if your about to go into labour anyway.

Having had a previous C-Section I will be unsuitable for some forms of medical induction as it increases the chance of scar rupture.

Co-sleeping. Humans are the only animal that sleeps away from its young. It seems unnatural. Just make sure duvets and pillows are away from baby.

Upright. Though I usually end up in bed.

I want a water birth. Having a hospital VBAC its gonna be a very difficult thing to arrange.

Ball is good early on, but I found it a little painful and uncomfortable in established labour.

I'll be using water and movement early on.

No. I went to NCT classes with my first. If I went now I would just scare the first time mothers.

I will be having skin to skin with my baby. If I cannot then OH will have the baby skin to skin.

My mum cut the cord last time. OH refuses.

I think ours is tommee tippee.... it was on offer.

Ours is a movement monitor.

Yes.... better for planning.

I have no plans for the placenta after its delivered.

Babies feed on demand..... you can try and feed on a schedule and make life hard for yourself.....

Only if its to save one of our lives. C-section recovery sucks.

Only if needed. Forceps wasn't that much fun. Easier than a c-section though.

I'm getting a doula. So OH or Doula will be there at all times.

Well...yes.....

I'd like to be home straight away and not pissing about in hospital tbh.

I'll be declining induction... see above.

No...I'd like to be left alone completely.

I'll probably opt to self examine.

No way.... those straps annoy me. I'll be requesting intermittent monitoring during labour..... and probably fighting for it.

I think that's the kinda thing you decide then and there based on progress, tiredness ect.

Aromatherapy.

No

I was too busy pushing him out.

YEah,,, nice idea in theory. I was on a different planet though when DS was being born.

Again,,, nice idea, can't see it happening. I want baby delivered onto my chest.

I guess this depends on how many people are in the devliery room. You, OH, a midwife or two fair enough..... in the reality of 10+ ppl in the delievery room trying to get baby out cos they are worried about him I don't really give a shit as long as he comes out alive.

No.... I'll be going with the current research that tear heals better.

I don't really think any sane person would want their vagina slicing into without anaesthetic.

Nothing, Gas and air... more gas and air.... more gas and air.

Given immediately.

Yes

IM

Yes.... but since they are going to need to manage my third stage due to previous bleeds t might not be an option.

If my baby is cold he WILL be having skin to skin rather than being put under a lamp.

Doubt thats gonna happen.

Yes

Baby is staying skin to skin for first 2 hours unless unwell.

Yes... baby will be skin to skin with one of us.

Yes

No/

I will not be bottle feeding. All formula' are pretty much the same.

My baby will be staying with me all the time.

Yes

No.... why make it hard for them. During my c-section they played music and chatted away to me and my mum and to each other.

Visit him?

Yes. Students mean a senior member of staff supervising.

not at all.

Not a chance.

Yes

If asked them we will

I'll be going to boobie group as soon as we can.

Disposable until big enough to fit in birth to potty nappies.

Neither. I'll put him on my knee, at my breast or in a carrier.

I have a blog.

No

In the bath with me. We gave away our baby bath

Sure if I remember

Probably not.

No.... Don't know anyone who's had one and no plans to start copying everything they do in the states.

Considering trying one.

No/

I really hope I don't need to express this time. But yes...if i need to increase supply or express during an illness I'll be pumping. I won't be pumping just to give baby a bottle.

I have a doppler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"