Questioning

ashleyp

Trying to Conceive #1
Reaction score
Last night when I was just home relaxing and watching tv with my husband I all of a sudden out of no where started to feel really nervous about having a baby. We have been trying for a few months now and I haven't had any nervousness like that so far. I'm not sure if this means anything like my body is telling me maybe I'm not ready or if its just normal.

I think that's normal. I wouldn't read too much into it, unless you keep feeling that way. It's a big, scary step in a person's life to decide to bring someone else into it.

Last night when I was just home relaxing and watching tv with my husband I all of a sudden out of no where started to feel really nervous about having a baby. We have been trying for a few months now and I haven't had any nervousness like that so far. I'm not sure if this means anything like my body is telling me maybe I'm not ready or if its just normal.

The SAME exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I was worried that I wasn't ready, that it would hurt, that I would be judged, I would be afraid to tell my work. Then I realized, that billions of women have had babies before, and if they can do it, I can. And it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, as long as it is what me and DH want.

I am about to start my 5th cycle of TTC so mine came early as well! I can't tell you if it is normal or not. But it did happen to me, and now I am COMPLETELY over it :)

Thanks I figured it was normal and I didn't want to read into it to much since not long after I started thinking about having a baby again.

I think of it as cold feet when you get married...completely normal!

I get those feelings every once in a while too! I think it's totally normal! And I usually get those feelings when I'm in the same situation too, where my SO and I are cuddled up on the couch enjoying a drink and watching a movie. The moments where I think oh god this will ALL change after baby. It will rarely be this calm, this peaceful, or uninhibited again.

I think that is the normal rational thoughts of future caring parents. It is our mind and body's way or preparing us to be a Mommy. Letting us know to really enjoy those moments when you only have to worry about yourself, not that little bundle of lovely in the future. Because no matter how you look at it, things WILL change. It won't be the same, and I truly believe it will all be for the better but I do think you need to take advantage of those wonderful moments while you can! Sometimes I just stop and look at my SO while he is watching a movie or working on the computer and I just enjoy the silence of it all. I am thrilled to move forward and share the life of a little one with him, but for now I get to be selfish and enjoy my time with him without having to share him! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->