Questions about cm...

Shedevil18

Reaction score
ok this is going to sound so stupid but I am so new to this and I don't know the difference and what not..

Can someone explain to me the different types of cm, what it means and what exactly cm is?

I feel so dumb asking this ... :blush:

I hope this link helps.x

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/cervicalfluid.html

Thanks... I've noticed this month I have LOTS of cm... waaaaaaay more then I have EVER had... but yet I am still getting BFNs :(

Is it common to have lots of it after the fact and right before AF arrives?

This is what I have saved in my phone so I can reference anytime! (yes, I have CM as a contact!! haha) Got it all from 2 different websites!

• Dry: Record your cervical fluid as "dry" if you have no cervical fluid present at all; if you notice no cervical fluid in your underwear; and if the outside of your vagina feels dry. You can expect to see dry days both before ovulation after your period and after ovulation. Record "dry" if you are not able to gather or see any cervical fluid, even if your vagina feels slightly moist inside.
• Sticky: Record your cervical fluid as "sticky" if it is glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly and if it breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear. You may or may not see some sticky cervical fluid before and after ovulation.
• Creamy: Record your cervical fluid as "creamy" if it is like hand lotion, white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly but not very much and break easily.
• Watery: Enter "watery" if your cervical fluid is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical fluid is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical fluid or you may get it before you get eggwhite cervical fluid or you may not get this type of fluid at all.
• Eggwhite: This is your most fertile cervical fluid. Record "eggwhite" if your cervical fluid looks at all like real eggwhite, is stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.
• Spotting: Record "spotting" when you have any pink or dark red/brown spots that leave a small mark on your underwear or pantyliner or that you only see when you wipe. If it does not require a pad or tampon, record it as spotting rather than menses. You may see spotting before or after your period, around the time of ovulation or around the time of implantation if you conceive. Do not start a new chart until you have red flow.
• Menses: When you record "menses" you can choose light, normal and heavy. Always start a new chart on your first day of menses. That is the first day that you have red blood flow that requires

None:
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): dry, or like “nothing’s going on.”
• What it looks like: nothing! Maybe a slight dampness on your fingers that will quickly evaporate.
• What it feels like on your fingers: a slight dampness.
• What it looks like on your underpants: nothing. Squeaky clean. You could wear those underpants again tomorrow if you wanted to (ain’t no one gots to know about it!.)
Sticky:
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): dry, sticky, or like “nothing’s going on.”
• What it looks like: whitish or yellowish, tiny bits of clear gummy bears, tiny pieces of drying rubber cement, grade school paste, wet Elmer’s glue, wet wood glue, crumbly off-white Play-doh, thick white or yellow cream, clumpy, pasty, tacky, gummy.
• What it feels like on your fingers: springy, sticky, crumbly, dry, pasty.
• What it looks like on your underpants: white or yellowish lines or areas that tend to sit on the top of the fabric, as opposed to soaking in. When it dries it forms a crust that can hard to wash out on laundry day.
Creamy (similar to sticky, but with a higher water content.):
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): cool, slightly damp, or may not feel like anything.
• What it looks like: milky, cloudy, like hand lotion, yogurt, whole milk, or heavy cream.
• What it feels like on your fingers: smooth, creamy.
• What it looks like on your underpants: white or yellowish lines or areas that tend to sit on the top of the fabric, as opposed to soaking in. When it dries it forms a crust that can be hard to wash out on laundry day.
Eggwhite:
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): slippery, lubricative.
• What it looks like: raw egg whites, wet rubber cement, clear, stretchy.
• What it feels like on your fingers: slippery or lubricative or stretches an inch or more between thumb and forefinger.
• What it looks like on your underpants: slippery, wet, may sit on top of the fabric, or soak in slightly.
Watery:
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): water rushing, dripping or gushing out of your vagina; cold, wet sensation.
• What it looks like: clear or milky/clear, about the consistency of water or skim milk.
• What it feels like on your fingers: wet, slippery.
• What it looks like on your underpants: leaves round wet patches that soak into your underpants.
I’m sure I left out some possible descriptions of cervical fluid here. If I didn’t name one that you’ve personally experienced, let me know in the comments. I’ll add in more descriptors as needed, so we can make the most thorough cervical fluid compendium known to humankind!

Every woman and every different pregnancy a woman has, is different.

I wouldn't go off CM statistics, the truth is not all women have the same colour or texture CM before their BFP some have none at all.

Stay strong!!! :flower:

This is what I have saved in my phone so I can reference anytime! (yes, I have CM as a contact!! haha) Got it all from 2 different websites!

• Dry: Record your cervical fluid as "dry" if you have no cervical fluid present at all; if you notice no cervical fluid in your underwear; and if the outside of your vagina feels dry. You can expect to see dry days both before ovulation after your period and after ovulation. Record "dry" if you are not able to gather or see any cervical fluid, even if your vagina feels slightly moist inside.
• Sticky: Record your cervical fluid as "sticky" if it is glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly and if it breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear. You may or may not see some sticky cervical fluid before and after ovulation.

• Creamy: Record your cervical fluid as "creamy" if it is like hand lotion, white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly but not very much and break easily.
• Watery: Enter "watery" if your cervical fluid is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical fluid is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical fluid or you may get it before you get eggwhite cervical fluid or you may not get this type of fluid at all.
• Eggwhite: This is your most fertile cervical fluid. Record "eggwhite" if your cervical fluid looks at all like real eggwhite, is stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.
• Spotting: Record "spotting" when you have any pink or dark red/brown spots that leave a small mark on your underwear or pantyliner or that you only see when you wipe. If it does not require a pad or tampon, record it as spotting rather than menses. You may see spotting before or after your period, around the time of ovulation or around the time of implantation if you conceive. Do not start a new chart until you have red flow.
• Menses: When you record "menses" you can choose light, normal and heavy. Always start a new chart on your first day of menses. That is the first day that you have red blood flow that requires

None:
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): dry, or like “nothing’s going on.”
• What it looks like: nothing! Maybe a slight dampness on your fingers that will quickly evaporate.
• What it feels like on your fingers: a slight dampness.
• What it looks like on your underpants: nothing. Squeaky clean. You could wear those underpants again tomorrow if you wanted to (ain’t no one gots to know about it!.)
Sticky:
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): dry, sticky, or like “nothing’s going on.”
• What it looks like: whitish or yellowish, tiny bits of clear gummy bears, tiny pieces of drying rubber cement, grade school paste, wet Elmer’s glue, wet wood glue, crumbly off-white Play-doh, thick white or yellow cream, clumpy, pasty, tacky, gummy.
• What it feels like on your fingers: springy, sticky, crumbly, dry, pasty.
• What it looks like on your underpants: white or yellowish lines or areas that tend to sit on the top of the fabric, as opposed to soaking in. When it dries it forms a crust that can hard to wash out on laundry day.
Creamy (similar to sticky, but with a higher water content.):
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): cool, slightly damp, or may not feel like anything.
• What it looks like: milky, cloudy, like hand lotion, yogurt, whole milk, or heavy cream.
• What it feels like on your fingers: smooth, creamy.
• What it looks like on your underpants: white or yellowish lines or areas that tend to sit on the top of the fabric, as opposed to soaking in. When it dries it forms a crust that can be hard to wash out on laundry day.
Eggwhite:
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): slippery, lubricative.
• What it looks like: raw egg whites, wet rubber cement, clear, stretchy.
• What it feels like on your fingers: slippery or lubricative or stretches an inch or more between thumb and forefinger.
• What it looks like on your underpants: slippery, wet, may sit on top of the fabric, or soak in slightly.
Watery:
• What it feels like (vaginal sensation): water rushing, dripping or gushing out of your vagina; cold, wet sensation.
• What it looks like: clear or milky/clear, about the consistency of water or skim milk.
• What it feels like on your fingers: wet, slippery.
• What it looks like on your underpants: leaves round wet patches that soak into your underpants.
I’m sure I left out some possible descriptions of cervical fluid here. If I didn’t name one that you’ve personally experienced, let me know in the comments. I’ll add in more descriptors as needed, so we can make the most thorough cervical fluid compendium known to humankind!

hi...

thanks fr the useful info... it helps me lot

Mine is currently white but i can stretch it about an inch.. What do you think ? Is this ewcm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"