Questions about soft cups

Rainbow82

Reaction score
We have been only been using soft cups for the last few months and I'm never sure if I'm using them correctly. We are using a donor so have been using a syringe to inseminate but as soon as we take the syringe out all the sperm comes with it so have been catching in a soft cup and putting it straight in.

My question is should there be much stuff left in there in the morning?

When we put it in on Tuesday evening it didn't feel comfortable and when we took it out it was still full but when I took it out this morning there was hardly anything left in it. Does this mean it was in the correct place or that it wasn't and the stuff just leaked out?

So confused lol 😳

If anyone has had there bfp after using these did you have a lot of stuff left in it when you took it out? How did you know it was covering your cervix and not blocking it in some way?

We used soft cups and I got a bfp the second month. It shouldn't feel uncomfortable. I couldn't feel it at all so make sure you're pushing it far back enough. When I took it out there was quite a bit left inside the cup. I would kind of splash the semen up into my cervix lol. Hope that helps and good luck!

Hi thanks that does help. When I put it in last night I couldn't feel it at all so hopefully it was in the right place. There was still stuff in it this morning but not as much as I put in it last night. Congratulations on your bfp.

This is also my first month using soft cups for insemination, it is a little uncomfortable the first time putting them in, but got used to it quickly, I also noticed quite a lot of semen and my own cm in the soft cup when I removed it afterwards, so I assume this is normal. How many days past ovulation are you?

I'm 1dpo today. How many dpo are you? The first time I used them they were a little uncomfortable top but mostly I don't feel them anymore, hopefully that means they are in right 😀

I am 4 or 5dpo now, slowly counting down to that time of the month as it always arrives like clockwork, really hope this month will be different with using the soft cups.

I used them when I conceived DS on our first TTC cycle. I had used them for AF before, so I was comfortable putting them in and knew what they should feel like. There was always much less when I took it out, like hardly anything in it. I always left them in 8-12 hours. If it was uncomfortable, it was probably not in right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->