Questions about Sterilisers

AnnaBanana9

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi folks - hope you can help settle my confusion! :shrug:

We're looking to get a steriliser and some bottles, as although I will be breastfeeding, I want to express milk so that hubby can feed Peanut as well. We're just finding ourselves confused by the range of things on the market.

We've pretty much decided that we would prefer an electric steriliser, but don't know what brand to go for. Also, we were wondering if you can use different brands of bottles in various sterilisers (like using a Tommee Tippee steriliser to sterilise Avent bottles and teats, for example).

I'm just SO confused! Any help would be greatly appreciated - recommendations for sterilisers, bottles and teats welcome!

:hug:

I had the mothercare steam steriliser with my daughter and it was great! I used the tommee tippee bottles which im gunna use again this time

Iv got the tommee tippee steriliser which was reduced in Boots for only 27.99!! Bargain! Iv seen it everywhere else for 39.99! With this set you get 3 x 260ml bottles, I also braught 2 x 150ml bottles for 7.29! They are ment to be really good as it has a natural/nipple typle teat, Which would be great if your breast feeding so it wont be too different for baby to adjust too.
Xx

Ive not got mine yet, but last time i had the tommee tippee microwave one and you could put any bottles in there.

It all depends on shape and asize of steriliser, I had avent with first baby and used bootys and tesco bottles towards the end,. this time I've got a tommee tippee electric steam sterilisier and bottles, but I have been told you can fit others in there too.

Thanks for the replies! We've been looking at the Tommee Tippee steriliser - seen it in the Babies R Us section of Toys R Us for £29.99 and think we may opt for that one, especially if other manufacturers' bottles fit in them. We liked the look of the Closer to Nature bottles.

:hug:

hi there
we have this avent steriliser:https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42864041&mcb=core it's reduced at the moment btw, we paid full price :dohh:
and have been really pleased, we began using the avent bottles, and have the avent bottle warmer too and really like their products.
however, we switched to MAM's bottles when maddi was about 2 months, and can highly recommend these bottles too. they fit into our steriliser,
however we also brought the milton cold water steriliser too and this is so useful for dummies teething etc
hope this helps :)

I have picked the tomme tippee microwave steriliser , Looks great :) .
And i went and baught the closer to nature bottles the other day, Look really goood and the teats feel amazing (I had to have a littel feel and look at them lol). x .

i like the cold water steriliser, as you can use bottles as you need them once you open the top of steam sterilisers you have to make the bottles as they don't stay sterilised, and if you use a dummy you can just rinse it and bung it in as and when. the tommee tippee one can be either cold or microwave so you can try out and see which suits better
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->