Questions for Mums to Twins!

Nafretili

Mummy & Pregnant
Reaction score
Did you just 'know' you were having multiples?
Were your symptoms different compared to previous pregnancies?
What symptoms did you have?

Me? I've vlogged everything this time around.
Nausea, upset stomach and fatigue began at just 4DPO.
I got my :bfp: with a FRER at 10DPO, also got 1-2 on a digi.
I got 2-3 on a digi at 15DPO (AF due day).

With DD I came off the pill and we were NTNP. I noticed one day my boobs were tender, realised my period would have been due around then and tested to find I was pregnant. First trimester was a breeze compared to this time around. I was tired sure, but was also eating loads and generally feeling fine.

To try for baby #2 I came off the copper coil (hormone free). Noticed new and more intense symptoms from 3-4 DPO. Since then I have been constantly exhausted, I sleep 9-10 hours at night and find myself getting drowsy around 1pm when my sickness wears off. My boobs feel like they're on fire they're bulging so much and I've had to buy wireless bras.

I can't eat before 1pm, food smells and sights make me feel nauseous before then and I am getting pain in my abdomen (dull cramps with the odd muscle twinge over the last few weeks). I'm not concerned about the pains but I never had these before either.

To sum it all up, I'm getting way more symptoms at a higher level of intensity and I got them from only days after I ovulated.

This is my 3rd pregnancy, I had a MMC in 2009, DD was born in 2012.

Open to suggestions, I know it doesn't necessarily mean a multiple pregnancy, but I am definitely suspicious! :)

UPDATE: I had my scan, it's a singleton! And typically a few days before the scan my symptoms backed off sooo much. Little monkey!

Attachments

• GRANT AIMEE_9.jpg
    GRANT AIMEE_9.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 5
This is how bloated I am at 7 weeks!
I know you're supposed to show sooner with your second baby but woah?!

Attachments

• 20180720_170006.jpg
    20180720_170006.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 25
I'm the same. Super bloated too. But if I lie down and press I can feel that baby isn't above my pubic bone so I know it's just bloat. Really hard to hide.

Also exhausted and really struggling with it.

Sorry can't answer questions about twins x

It's hard for me with one DD. How do you manage with 4? You must be Supermum! Xx

Is just super busy but I love it. Going from 1 to 2 is the hardest though. Any more after 3 and they just slot right in 😊

Someone whose due in March also is having twins. She got +3 on digi at like 12/13dpo. Was crazy.

My youngest baby started out as a twin (lost one at 7 weeks) i didnt have any worse than usual symptoms but my tests did progress very quickly!

Oh gosh I could well be in with a chance then!
I'm sorry for your loss :(

With my daughter I got a positive test a whole week before my period was due. This time I didn’t get a positive til the day my period was due and it was super light. I had bleeding at 5+2. My numbers were in the 4000 but we only saw one sac on the screen. Went back at 6+6 when we discovered twins. Literally had no clue. I was more tired, but that was about it. I was extremely surprised. Even now I’m about to give birth and I’m still surprised lmao. I also just had the Mirena removed so I was surprised to get pregnant so quickly to begin with so to be hit with twins as well just made my whole world go upside down

With my daughter I got a positive test a whole week before my period was due. This time I didn’t get a positive til the day my period was due and it was super light. I had bleeding at 5+2. My numbers were in the 4000 but we only saw one sac on the screen. Went back at 6+6 when we discovered twins. Literally had no clue. I was more tired, but that was about it. I was extremely surprised. Even now I’m about to give birth and I’m still surprised lmao. I also just had the Mirena removed so I was surprised to get pregnant so quickly to begin with so to be hit with twins as well just made my whole world go upside down

How strange! So tests aren't a reliable indicator then.

What about symptoms? Did they come on stronger or sooner with your boys? X

This is baby number 6 for me. I've never had nausea before, well the odd little gag but this has been awful from 4 weeks. Totally different from the others. I'm also huge. I'm only 12 weeks yet people are confident enough that I'm pregnant to remark on it without saying are you, as though it's really obvious. I feel kicks. Infrequently but definitely happening. I do wonder if we are having twins. We really wanted them!

How strange! So tests aren't a reliable indicator then.

What about symptoms? Did they come on stronger or sooner with your boys? X

The main difference I found was being more tired and I had no sickness like I did with my daughter. That was about it. If anything this pregnancy has been a lot smoother than with my first lol

Im having awful symptoms and awful bloating and was convinced/hoping for twins but I am having just one! Sorry no help here.

I had twins and had hardly any symptoms, nothing more than I did with my singletons. X

My symptoms this time have been a lot worse then my two boys pregnancies but I’ve had 3 scans already and definetly only 1 baby in there!

Hey!! I remember being on these boards with you when you were pregnant with your last kiddo!! My oldest was born in 2012 too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->