Quick labour worries - help!

furbie

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my third baby and she is due on 29th August. My youngest is 7 so i waited along time for this one! As im getting closer to my due date im starting to worry about not getting to the hospital on time, giving birth at home or in the car on the way there. My first labour was 10 hours my second (14 months after the first) was 2 1/2 hours (induction) now im petrified that this little blighter will make an entrance into the world even quicker..... i couldnt get my other two babies out without help from vontouse (first) being cut (second) - ARGHHHHH is there any evidence that waiting along time between giving birth will slow the labour down, my midwife said it would, but i think she is trying to make me feel better lol :wacko:

I hope so I too have a seven year age gap and my last labour totaled 18 mins thankfully I'm being induced at 38 weeks but still scared if it happens before that as I need gas and air lol can't cope without that

mine is a 7year gap as well and my last labour was 1hour Ive been told to come straight in as soon as i feel my first pain by every doctor and ob and MW i have seen i really hope there right and this one will come fast to not to fast lol don't want to have him at home lol just make sure u do the same as soon as u get that first pain give them a call and let them know how fast Ur last one was im sure they will tell u to go straight in all the best xxx

well i have an 11yr old, he was a 1hr 45min from start to finish, then i have a 1 year old, all through that pregnancy i was told not to worry, after so long your body 'resets' itself and its kind of like having your first all over again, which i dreaded as he was 16hrs, but when i had my youngest she was another fast one, she was also under 2 hours, and there was 10yrs between them, so i'm pretty glad that i live just over the road from the hospital now!!!!!! as its only been 15months this time!!!
but then everyone is different, just because you have laboured fast before does not necessarily mean you will next time, i wish it did really, but you never know how things are going to go until you are doing it!! good luck to all.

this is also a concern of mine :wacko:
My 1st labour was long
2nd 3 hrs
3rd - i couldnt tell u a time as he crowed just as i walk thou labour ward doors
4th - was 1hr 9 min from 1st contraction ( which the monitor picked up i didnt feel ) to end......... lucky i was in hospital being monitored due to waters breaking, they (untill contractions started to get really bad ) where happy to send me home and wait for contractions.

so this time i voiced my concerns to midwife......... at 1st we discussed a home birth but came to realise i just couldnt do it...... so she has given me advice and a sheet with information on what to do.......... at my 35/36 week appointment she want me to take hubby in so she can discuss with him the what ifs.......

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->