Quick OPK query

gertrude

Reaction score
Right, whilst not actively TTC I am interested to know whether I'm actually ovulating or not. I've been using Clear Blue OPK and the results are pretty rubbish. But this morning I definately had EWCM - so how can that be?

Which is the more reliable? OPK or EWCM?

It's more out of interest than anything else. I've been on the pill for about 16yrs and just come off cerazette. I have no idea whether I am ovulating or not, or anything really :shrug:

I'm not sure I trust OPK. I've used them for the first time this month and I got a positive 4 days in a row! (I know you are supposed to stop testing once you get a positive, but like you I was trying to figure out if I'm actually ovulating).

I would go by the EWCM more than the tests - after all it's possible to miss the surge if you only test once a day. And EWCM seems to be fairly reliable. Although I didn't get any of that either this month!

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Some people have great success with OPKs.

OPKs are not very helpful in my opinion as they only indicate intended ovulation (which means that you may not actually ovulate if you are stressed etc) hence it could happen slightly later which could mean that you miss catching the egg! they didnt work for me and were incredibly expensive. the best thing for me was to look out for ewcm.

hmmm does ov'ing feel like the very start of af with the slightly uncomfy aches?

it's so annoying when you start to think about things and then everything seems more exaggerated :blush:

I would trust your body over OPK's. They are nice. I use them for a basic idea of when I am about to ovulate but I use cues from my body to tell me when I am ovulating.

hello i'm sorry i'm writing this on someone eles thread but in don't no how to do my own one, this is the 1st time i have used opk and i'm not a hundred 100% sure when i'm due on but i done my 1st opk on monday just gone and it was an instant pos i have done it every other day since and it just keeps on getting darker everytime i do 1, my questions are does the LH surge stop once you have ouv and what does it mean when the pos line just keeps on getting stonger? PLZ PLZ PLZ CAN SOMEONE HELP ME I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND. many thanks claire and billy

hello i'm sorry i'm writing this on someone eles thread but in don't no how to do my own one, this is the 1st time i have used opk and i'm not a hundred 100% sure when i'm due on but i done my 1st opk on monday just gone and it was an instant pos i have done it every other day since and it just keeps on getting darker everytime i do 1, my questions are does the LH surge stop once you have ouv and what does it mean when the pos line just keeps on getting stonger? PLZ PLZ PLZ CAN SOMEONE HELP ME I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND. many thanks claire and billy

u will always get a line on a opk . u have to use them every day to see how the line progresses ...possitive opk is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line ....
it could be possitive for a couple of days and then the line will start getting fader and fader ...once you get a positive line you can ovulate any time even the same day but it usually happens the next day or sometimes even 2 days after it becomes positive. if u want to get pregnant i would bd those 3 very important days ...
have in mind that sometimes due to alot of reasons especialy if you have irregular cycles your opk might become positive 2 and sometimes 3 times in the whole cycle ...sometimes the body trys to ovulate but for some reason cant so it trys again after a couple of days even a week latter ...you can only tell if its really over by charting your temprature ....
the cycle i got pregnant i got a surge twice on the 15th day and then again on the 24th .... the 24th is when i really ovulated and got pregnant .
i dont know if i helped at all i just want everyone to know that charting is the best way to know what is really going on .... hope you get your :bfp: soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->