QUICK POLL - How far gone were you when you got a heartbeat?

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
I'm hearing all these horror stories of ladies going for first scans and being told there's a "cyst" or a "sac" and not hearing a heartbeat.
My first scan is Friday so I'll be able to vote myself then.
But until then, I'm curious!
Feel free to add anything you'd like!

**Please count weeks gone as from LMP, not gestational age!**

I was 6w1d but they almost didn't see the heart beat & told me I'd hav to come bk in a week then she was like oh actually there's the heartbeat!!

Not really what ur asking, but heard hb on doppler at home at 8+5. Our first scan wasnt til i was 12 weeks, so obviously saw the heart chugging away then :) So ul be 6+1 on friday when u get scanned right?? Iv read lots of posts on here where they dont see much at about 6 wks, and some posts where theres a little blob and a hb, so if u dont see much dont panic! GL!! xx

I've had two scans.

One at 6 weeks and one at 8.

At the 6 week scan I only saw the sac and a cyst. Nothing else.

At the 8 week scan I saw the sac, cyst, baby and it's heartbeat.

Hope that helps :)

EDIT - I didn't hear the heartbeat at the scan. Just saw it on the screen. But I did hear the heartbeat at home on a doppler at 11 weeks.

6 weeks 5 days....actually yesterday. Heard the heartbeat loud and clear.

I haven't heard it yet, but we saw it at our 8 week appt.

Scan at 6+2 hb seen but baby was teeny tiny and we were lucky to see the heart beat at that stage :) sonographer told me she would have been happy just to see the yolk sac at early 6 weeks. Seeing bubs was an added bonus!

Well, I didn't hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks, but I saw it. :) Just wanted to clarify my vote!

Is the poll hearing or seeing? Saw heartbeat at 6 and heard it at 8!

i saw the heartbeat at 5wks 4days, lmp was 6wks 1 day but put back. incredible! first one of my babies where i've seen one. it was amazing.

Saw heartbeat- well doctor did- at 6+2 (measured on the day, 6+5 based on dating scan dates!). Haven't heard it yet! I haven't got a doppler and the scanning machines at my hospital don't have sound apparently- well, the ones in the EPU and the portable one they have at the antenatal clinic don't anyway! So I probably won't hear the heartbeat until my 16 week appointment in 2 weeks time! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

OOps sorry didn't read it properly and thought you were talking about dopplers! Hence ignore one of the 11 weeks responses!

I had an early scan at 8 weeks, didn't hear the HB as she wasn't set up for pregnancy (went to check for PCOS ironically got my BFP same day as scan date!) but she did show us the blood pumping through, so I guess I should say 8 weeks!

11 weeks with doppler though!

Ooh, I guess you learn something new every day!
I didn't realize about the difference with seeing/hearing the heartbeat.
How extremely excited!! I'm also terrified, too. I'm sure that's completely normal <3

Hi Ya,
I saw the heartbeat at a private scan as early as 5 weeks. I then attended an early scan via NHS at 7.5 weeks and was told there was a "cyst" as well as a heartbeat. When I met my midwife for the first time she was really nice and explained they are pregnancy cysts and that they are really common. I think they have a purpose but I can't remember exactly what. I'm really sorry I can't be more help but if you call a midwife centre in your local town and ask them I'm sure they will help you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->