Quick question about opk

Mandyp87

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm new to using opk's and from on here I e learnt that the test line should be as dark or darker than the control line.... Correct me if I'm wrong at any point lol, well I was wondering does the test line ever not show at all? Does it graduate from nothing to darker, or is there always a line but lighter than the control line even when you're not ovulating... I hope that makes sense! I'm specifically using the clear blue ones with smileys, I got no smiley but the test line was only slightly lighter than the control line... I'm just wondering if I test again in a few days is it likely to get darker or if it's always going to be the same until it suddenly goes darker than control line.... Ok I feel like I'm not explaining myself very well lol, I hope someone can understand what I'm asking and can advise! Im just looking for an idea of where I am in my cycle after coming off bcp. Thanks

With me, the line is always there but just much lighter. But I know of other women that don't see a line at all until ovulation. But maybe I'm different...because I also get 4-5 days of positives! I've used the Clear Blue with Smiley and I like it best because there's no guessing. If you get a smiley then you're good to go!! I wouldn't worry about the whether the line is light or dark...the smiley is all that matters! :)

Ok thanks, I just wanted an idea of when to test again as its anyones guess where I am right now, didn't want to go through hundreds of tests lol

I have always wondered the same. For me i just thought that opks never worked. i would get a faint line around when I knew I was going to ovulate (going on cm) and I never got the dark line or smiley UNTIL this cycle. This cycle I got my usual ewcm and i tested and it was a darker line than the control line. i then used the digi clearblue that always just showed a circle for me and it showed a smile. I realise now that I have a VERY short LH surge window. So I may always have got this surge in the middle of the night and never got the positive tests.

By the way, i do think that they are blank when no near to surge at all and then they get darker as you get closer. I think many woman take days to get a darker line but some people (like me) only need a few hours.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Ok thanks, I just wanted an idea of when to test again as its anyones guess where I am right now, didn't want to go through hundreds of tests lol

you are supposed to test once a day at the same time each day but I think you should also look at cm too and your usual ovulation days during your cycle to gauge the time to take tests :)

Thanks lillian that's interesting that the window can be that short, so thanks. The reason I have no idea where I am is coz I've just come off bcp so I don't know when to expect my next AF and I never kept track before I started taking it lol, when you say test once a day, do you mean every day? I hope that's the case with them being blank and then showing a light line and then a darker one, coz the one I took yesterday had a v visible line but just not quite as dark as the control line.... Yet! :)

Now I'm not an expert on this only my 2nd cycle doing them myself, so I'm still learning too! but yes you need to be doing them everyday so you hopefully hit the peak! I'm also using the clearblue digital but I think it says not to look at the lines on the strips, just to go by the smiley, thats supposedly the beauty of them! GL!

I am using some internet cheapies from amazon and everytime I test (once a day last 4 days) i get a faint line. On the back of the pack it says if the line is lighter and faint then the test line then its "negative" so I always get a negative faint line on my opks. This week I am expecting a really dark line which represents a positive opk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->