Quick Question, hospital bags?

JessBurgess

Reaction score
I am 34 weeks gone, and wondering when is the right time to pack my hospital bag?, :shrug:

I packed mine last week :) having my last daughter at 36 weeks with no bag ready was a drag. It's exciting and you can continue to update it until you need it!

Mine's still not really finished and I'm having a c-section on Wednesday! I did start it at about 35 weeks though, everything for the baby is washed, packed and ready, it's just my bits.

Thank you, it being my first pregnancy, i dont know whens the right time, i really cant wait for her to come out, im getting excited now, so if i pack my bag, i know it might be soon, but also it being my first pregnancy she might decide to come later :(. but thank you deffo start soon:) :thumbup:

I'd say to pack it soon if you like to know that everything is ready if you should go into labor early. You can always add to it and put things on top that you may need to use before you need to grab the bag and go off to have baby. I will have my bag ready to go when I hit 30 wks because I have my girls early. With my son I was going to do it the night before I was to be induced on the 21st but went into labor in the 19th so I had no bag and had to wear the same ugly outfit I was lounging in and a hospitial gown. I had no makeup or hair products and I hated it. I also didn't have any breast pads so I had the joy of walking out with 2 huge wet spots over my breasts in front of everyone.

I've just put mine together, but I'm sure I will continue adding to it. I bought myself some fresh new pyjamas, black lounge pants, a nursing top, nursing bra and socks with rubber grips at the bottom. I've also put in extra hair ties, head bands, Always Infinity pads, lip gloss, lotion and a bunch of other necessary toiletries. I would like to have some makeup, and will get an extra tooth brush to put in.

I will also pack underwear for DH, a fresh tshirt, socks, sweater, deodorant and toothbrush.

I am about to get started on baby's bag! I have a couple outfits in mind, plus some extra recieving blankets, warm blankets, a warm hat, light hat, mitts and socks.

I had to wait until I washed all the clothing I got from my shower.

There is no 'right time'...and really, you can never have it done 'too early'. I figured I had PLENNNNTY of time with my first, and had problems with ptl at 35 weeks, well that woke me right up! They stopped the contractions, I went home and that night got bag and carseat ready, and had her 2 weeks later. Was glad I was ready.

I packed mine at about 32-33 weeks because I didn't want to be unprepared and then I added to it over the last few weeks until I felt comfortable with what was in it!! I just finished it about a week ago!!

I'm still only about 1/2 packed, really need to get my act together! :blush: Having a hard time with packing clothes for after delivery though - I want to keep wearing my comfy sweat pants, not have them packed and ready to go!

I actually think I need to buy a larger duffel bag - there's so many bulky items that they tell you to bring! Panty liners, breast pads, pillows, diapers, robe... eats up space fast!

i've packed mine this weekend. Better be on the safe side and do it earlier :)

Anytime from now is a good time to pack it. Or you can be like me and have it half packed, and lose all motivation to finish packing :haha:

I packed mine at 35 weeks, was planning to do it sooner and had everything in the house before then... I actually still need to wash baby's clothes which i'm doing this week but not the end of the world if they needed to be used before that.

Thank you very much for the help :), im scared as well as excited, i cannot wait now. <3

I just started getting mine together this weekend, and Ill be 37 weeks on Thursday! I havent finished it yet, but it's getting there, little one's stuff is ready to go though!

it was my husband that was like, "babe, don't you think you should pack a hospital bag soon?" lol

My baby's bag is all packed, it's on top of her wardrobe :) And I haven't done mine yet, but I have awhile. I'm noting down and buying the things that I'll need, and I'll pack it all on my maternity leave, probably before christmas. Like everyone said, you can always add to it and take away, reminds me that I need to take the dummies out, apparently it'll mess with my milk supply so have to wait until LO's 6 weeks :) I love packing though

I started mine at about 32 weeks and still have a few things to get x x x

Started packing mine last night, I just need to get my toiletries in and I'm ready to go! Although I didn't pack much, some sweats, socks, nipple cream, and breast pads along with the going home outfit. I figure the hospital will give me everything I need and if they don't, dh can run home or to the store and get me what I need!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->