Quick question ladies :)

lolasmith

Crossing fingers
Reaction score
I was just wondering about late ovulation. I was sure I was having an annov cycle, I normal get af by cd 34 latest.

Af never came this cycle (def not pregnant), and I had no 'normal' ewcm when I usually would get it (normally starts cd 14). today Cd 40something I am having loads of ewcm and all signs pointing to approaching O.

Did a quick google search and read that any bleeding after CD40 is annovulatory bleeding and not normal af- this suggests to me that you cannot ovulate very late???

I wondered why I couldn't ovulate on say CD45, and get a 'normal' af 15 days later?

What do you think? Is it possible for me to O this late? And if I did could I have a normal lp?
I cant see why that isn't possible :s

Cycles range from 30-35 days. Have had long cycles before that were def anov (doc said because of low vit d- fixed now tho)

Thanks ladies!!

I was just wondering about late ovulation. I was sure I was having an annov cycle, I normal get af by cd 34 latest.

Af never came this cycle (def not pregnant), and I had no 'normal' ewcm when I usually would get it (normally starts cd 14). today Cd 40something I am having loads of ewcm and all signs pointing to approaching O.

Did a quick google search and read that any bleeding after CD40 is annovulatory bleeding and not normal af- this suggests to me that you cannot ovulate very late???

I wondered why I couldn't ovulate on say CD45, and get a 'normal' af 15 days later?

What do you think? Is it possible for me to O this late? And if I did could I have a normal lp?
I cant see why that isn't possible :s

Cycles range from 30-35 days. Have had long cycles before that were def anov (doc said because of low vit d- fixed now tho)

Thanks ladies!!

If anovulatory, there wouldn't be a clear temp shift anywhere in the cycle. It would mean that your body is gearing up to ovulate, but then it didn't for some reason. Do you temp?

An anovulatory cycle means there is no ovulation or normal luteal phase. There is no progesterone in an anovulatory cycle. I've read that estrogen is what eventually causes af in an anovulatory cycle, whereas the decline in progesterone causes af in an ovulatory cycle.

I'm not sure about what's happening specifically. I assume since you usually have 30-35 day cycles that something is off. Perhaps you're delayed for some reason or it might be anovulatory. Perhaps something happened this month to throw you off.

Since you are having ewcm now, could you take an opk to see if you are getting a positive now? I recommend temping if you don't temp already. It will tell you if/when you ovulate for sure.

I found a site that has some decent information that may assist you. Maybe give it another week or so and then if af hasn't started consider seeing a doctor since it will be longer than you are used to.

Good luck! :hugs:

There seems to be conflicting information on the web! I think you can Ovulate at any point. I am O today (CD35) so it is possible. I did have a mc last cycle though whgich has delayed my O, have you been through anything like that lately? Stress, weight loss etc can also delay ovulation, so maybe you are just having an off cycle!?
The good news is, if you google 'late O - pregnancy' you are bombarded with loads of stories of ladies who know they Od as late as CD60+ and still had a healthy pregnancy! The general consensus seems to be that early O is actually more unhealthy than late O. This is because an early egg hasnt had the time to mature; whereas a late egg is released late because it took longer to mature and came out when it was ready, so to speak.
I would say if it feels like O, and it looks like O, it probably is O! I wouldnt be overly concerned unless it keeps happening month after month as it will give you less chances a year!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->