Quick Question

elley_baby248

Mummy to Ben and Pregnant
Reaction score
I've sneaked ina bit early as by the time i have this test i'll be in third tri so thought you lovely ladies might know whats involved lol

I'm booked in for a GTT test when am 28 weeks and just wondering what to expect as i have no idea what it is just told i have to have one :dohh:

Hello... :wave:

It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was told to not eat/drink anything from midnight and then go to the hospital at 9. I gave some blood and then had a drink of lucozaide. Then waited there for about 2 hours for the second sample of blood. I was allowed to eat/drink as normal after that. It wasn't too bad because I had something to eat/drink at 11.30 the night before and didn't get up too early before leaving for the hospital. Hope this helps! x

Im not sure, but hope alls ok :hugs: xx

Hello... :wave:

It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was told to not eat/drink anything from midnight and then go to the hospital at 9. I gave some blood and then had a drink of lucozaide. Then waited there for about 2 hours for the second sample of blood. I was allowed to eat/drink as normal after that. It wasn't too bad because I had something to eat/drink at 11.30 the night before and didn't get up too early before leaving for the hospital. Hope this helps! x

If thats all it is i can live with that :happydance:

The GTT is a simple test hun.
No worries.

mine is booked for the 9th april. had one done last time i was pregnant

its boring as you cant walk around, so i normally take a book/magazine or something
The drink i was given wasnt lucozade it was a light yellow colour, very sugary didnt taste that bad.

but as others have said its not bad, very easy

I'm dragging my OH with me so he can keep me occupied lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back