Quick question...

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Leanne27, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Leanne27

Leanne27 Mum to Olivia & Isla & TTC no 3 with new partner.

My LO seems to recently only poo once per day or even once every two days. She is almost five weeks old and is fed on breast milk and topped up with formula. I am slightly worried, is this normal?
    Thanks

2. lindsayryan

lindsayryan Well-Known Member

yeah totally normal hun, they say a BF baby can go up to ten days. But when i started to FF and BF around 6 weeks my LO went from about 4 times a day to once every one or 2 days then after a week or so changed to twice a day. As long as not hard when your LO does go i wouldnt worry about constipation or anything xx

3. 15.11.10

15.11.10 Well-Known Member

its totally normal for them to slow down a bit with pooing, william is 5 months and poo's twice a week if im lucky (well not that lucky but u know what i mean!) check with HV but mine said it was ok xxx

P.S shes gorgeous and i love her name

4. trulymadly

trulymadly Well-Known Member

Belle was exactly the same hun.

BF for 1st 3wks, combi fed until 6wks, then FF and I don't think I've ever had more than 1 dirty nappy a day off her...if I'm lucky!
    As long as LO doesn't seem in pain or distress then your absolutely fine :flower: