Quickening at 10 Weeks?

Mild Mango

Reaction score
Ok. Call me crazy, but I think I may have felt the baby move yesterday. I know it's super early (10 weeks and some change, but I might be 11 weeks, based on my dating scan), but in my whole 33 years of life, I have never felt gas or a twitch like this.

I was driving my car yesterday, and I felt a very distinct flutter. It only lasted a couple seconds, and it was in the same exact spot where I usually pick up the heartbeat on my Doppler (very low and slightly to the left). I knew instantly it was the baby.

I think it may have had something to do with the seatbelt. The lap part of my seatbelt usually lays right across my uterus area. Maybe the pressure of the lap belt on the baby made the movements easier to feel.

Hopefully I'm not crazy. I've read that some women experience quickening at 10 weeks, but it's usually women with 2 or 3 kids already (this is my first). I only felt it that one time, but it's only been a day since it happened. Hopefully I will feel it again soon.

Has anyone else felt quickening in the first trimester? I really hope I'm not feeling things.

Maybe!! Could just be gas too ;p I'm only at 5 weeks and last week before I knew I was preggo again, I felt something that was similar to quickening. But that's legit impossible for me to have felt that :p wait and see- if you feel more movement, could be it!

I was just going to post a thread about this, I'm 9 weeks exactly with my third pregnancy and keep feeling a popping sensation right down by my pelvic bone, I'm sure it's too early to feel anything, I was 16 weeks with my daughter but it definetly feels the same as it did with her.

I say yes.. I've had the same feelings this last week or so. My nurse actually asked me today if I was feeling any flutters. I wasn't going to mention it since I figured she would think I was mad but she said what I described sounded like what it would be this early.

I can't wait to enjoy more noticeable movements but until then I will am happy with what baby has given me :)

I would say it's definitely possible, you certainly know your own body :) so exciting!

Twice now I've had some sensations, but kinda chalking it up to gas and twitches... Will see as time progresses :) I've not said anything to anyone! It's the right place though. And every scan I've had, this little monster has been flinging it's arms and legs around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->