Quiestion - Does anyone know someone that had a planned C-section go into labor early

ohiomom

Reaction score
Just curious. I was a week late with my first baby and was induced. I eventually had a c-section. I am now scheduled for my second c-section, but was curious if anyone knows of anyone who actually went into labor before their scheduled c-section?

Just curious. I was a week late with my first baby and was induced. I eventually had a c-section. I am now scheduled for my second c-section, but was curious if anyone knows of anyone who actually went into labor before their scheduled c-section?

I had a scheduled c section with last baby and will have one this time as well and my worst fear is going in to labor before my date...my last one was so planned and smooth sailing because all went as planned as far as the date and time so I just picture a total chaotic scene if things don't go as planned this time around lol... the weird thing is that with last c section while they were prepping me I kept getting lower back pain and I happen to say out lout "ah my back is killing me" then the nurse turns to me and says, "yeah hun that's because you have been having contractions since we hooked you up to machine" and I had no clue...so my Dr picked the perfect date to schedule me lol I know this wasn't your question but I just wanted to share my anxieties regarding the subject and wish you all the best of luck!

Oh thanks! My last baby was not a planned c-section, but it was a planned induction. I guess I just wonder if anyone has ever had something nice and planned; yet the LO decided to come on their own terms :)

If you are down as a planned C section and go into labour early, they will still do the C section but sooner.

As soon as you suspect labour, you need to get checked because the more dilated you are, the more difficult the C section is as they have push baby back up.

If you have ultra fast labour, it may not be possible sepending how far dilated you are, but usually they will just whip you in if they consider you as in labour.

Think this what you were asking x

One of my g/fs was due on July 24th. After discovering at one of her ultrasounds that the baby was still "breach", they scheduled a c-section (I think it was scheduled for the 23rd).

About 10 days before the c-section, her mucous plug came out (bit by bit at first) and then her water broke at home. Baby decided to get into position and join us in the real world on July 15th! He was born very healthy and is a happy little kid...just over a year old now!

Meee! My due date with my son was a year ago today, 14th November, I had a c-section booked for the 8th November. I went into labour on 23rd October and had him by emergency c-section at 36+6 weeks xx

Yes with my second child I had a planned c-section and went in to labor 2 weeks before, they watched me for a while a day or 2 then decided they would do the c-section early, I only got as far as 2cm as I did with my first (c-section as well) I never went into labor with my 3rd she was also a c-section and this one will also be one too they are worried I may go into early labor but will just take each step as it comes good luck :)

I am in that boat this time, my first was very early 13 weeks I had placental abruption and when I got to the hospital I was 10cm dilated (it took 2 hours for me to get to that stage). I was rushed into hospital and had an emergency c-section.

I have a t-shaped scar so will be having a c-section again this time scheduled for 38 weeks and am a tad nervous about going into labour early.

I guess at the end of the day though it will be less scary than my first I am mentally prepared this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->