quilts for toddlers

sw2129

Reaction score
Hi all, my son is 19 months old and since being very small he has always kicked the covers off, for that reason i still havent got a quilt for him and only keep a few blankets in his cot just in case he wants them!! I would like to get him a quilt for the winter (not that he will use it) as its starting to get colder at night. What would be the best quilt to get as i dont have a clue what to look for:dohh: thanks xx

Will you LO use a grobag? My LO kicks her blankets off too so I use a grobag to keep her warm in winter.

my lo is 18 months andd with the winter coming i think i am gonna try out a normal single quilt ( in a low tog) and hopefully will be able to tuck it in a bit at the sides, but atm he is going to bed in PJ's with no covers and at around 10pm when the temp starts to drop i add a blanket or 2 , but will be getting aquilt when it gets a tad colder at night.
i did think about a toddler quilt ( you know those 4 tog ones they ddo for cot beds..) but tbh i think he will be going into a single bed soon as he climbs on everything , it can only be a matter of time before he starts climbing out of the cot lol. :) so if i can get away with tucking a normal one under the matress at the bottom or something i will. has anyone used a thin single duvet in a cot ? ( maybe be better to cut it down shorter or something .... well knowing me ill probably buy a toddler one anyway and have to get rid of it in a month or two :) )

A gro bag is a big no no lol he throws a massive fit, i think he feels restrained!! i have also thought of getting a normal low tog duvet and cutting it!! I'm sure i will think of something soon, thanks for your replies xxx

My daughter has started to use a quilt as of tonight - it's an I love my bear one, not that that's relevant (lol!) but, I mean it isn't a quilt with a seperate cover, it's an all in one thing. Hopefully, you know what I mean! The point is (or was supposed to be!) that she too kicks the covers off and rolls and walks all over the place but, she's starting to realise that covers = heat! I guess they soon learn when it's cold!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->