• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Quit Smoking & Dieting - Here I Go Again!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Decided to give this a bash again & joined up to click2quit after buying lozenges yesterday.

On my plan it states:
Avoid dieting – it decreases your chances of quitting.
Satisfy oral cravings with gum.

So I think I'm going to listen to that bit of advise an buy me some sweeties :? Pu the quitting infront of the weight loss? I'll still go on as I am with healthy living foods an so on but I was wondering what I could have to replace a ciggy in my mouth.

I don't have any will powers it's stupid but the want is there so here I go again with a new method & the SOS mouth wash in the mornings!

wobbles,

Buy loads of baby carrots...Will help with the snacking....And if you need to have someting in your mouth, hold a pen like a ciggie.......
:wink:

Have you read.....

Allen Carr's - Easy Way to Stop Smoking!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0140277633

Tam has it - BUT DIDN'T NEED IT! - Just decided to stop once she realised she hadn't missed it for more than 24hours!

Tam's Sis' and her Partner used it, and it worked for them, it's getting on for two years for them now.

GOOD LUCK WIBBLE!

wobbles my OH got hypmotised (sp) :oops: and stopped for 2 years with it :) but then started again so did i :( ive been smoking on and off for the last year and a half but was really bad a couple of months ago i was smoking over 20 a day :shock: untill 3 weeks ago i got that nasty flu and thought every time i coughed my lungs were going to collaps and since then i havent had one and the notion went after the 3rd day i dont even think about it :) but i did try one 2 days ago and almost puked :oops:

so keep up the good work hun its really hard but its worth it in the end :wink:

xxxxx

Thanks hun

Hypnotherapy - A route I've looked at! Cheapest I found was:
https://www.susangreen.net/group.htm

What happens in the session can you ask if you don't know? :oops:

ok the guy who done my OH's was his brothers girlfriends step dad :lol: it cost him £20 just :D
i wasnt with him so im not sure exactly what happend but when he came home he said he was fully aware of everything John (the guy who done it) was saying to him. It took 45 mins and he was given a subliminal (it was like when you play a tape and its squeeky voices but you dont know what they are saying but your brain picks up what it says, so you dont go under while your driving ect) tape to play when driving and the other end was a voice you had to listen to at night. It was fab cos i listend too it aswell at night and it sent you off to sleep right away :lol: :lol:

i will ask him when he gets home if he still has the tape if not i will see if i can get hold of it for you maybe AG will be able to help cos this guy John worked in the barras
:lol: :lol: yeah i know sounds like a con artist but it did work for my OH and like using patches ect you need to have will power aswell :wink:

will reply soon once OH gets back to see if he still has the tape
xxxxxxx

I have spoke to that woman I linked you to before but I wasn't sure if I wanted ot hand the cash over ya know!

Tape sounds good idea - You'll have to let me know hun that would be cool!

I have the lozenges but I've not had one at all - Although I want them to help the 12 week program is too much in my eyes - i don't want to depend on them like I do fags that would be silly I think :?

he dont have it wobbles but im more than sure this is the same one but only has 3hrs left to go

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STOCKING-FIL...ryZ75047QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

xxx

I did 2 things to help me quit smoking. Ididnt go for any of the nicotine gum or patches cause Ithink that just prolongs the agony.

The fact is that no matter how long you have been a smoker or how many you smoke a day, nicotine addiction lasts for 3 days. So Isay get the three days over with dont drag it out. You will be a bitch from hell for those 3 days but once they are gone they are gone.

I chewed Hubba Bubba gum so I could blow bubbles, which occupied my mouth, and as for occupying my hands, I made a great big Winni the Poo cross stich picture to put in the babies room which not only kept my hands busy but reminded me the very good reason why Iwas quiting to start with, so I could have a happy healthy baby!

I might look into the tapes if I don't succeed. Not having teh willpower is making it pretty impossible right now. :(

Found CD Weestar an bought it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"