Quitting smoking today

Babybumpdec

one liitle girl and boy x
Reaction score
Hiya today I have decided I quit smoking today just binned the ashtray the lighters etc and looked at the vaper pens does anyone use these while pregnant and are they safe xxxx:

I was using a vape but stopped ... there's not enough evidence to back up if they are safe or not so I'd rather be cautious xx well done for quitting though ! It's so hard but with support you can do it ! Your midwife can refer you to a smoking nurse who can offer you nicotine replacement which is monitored to help you :) xxxx

Good job! The first step will always be the hardest! My husband vapes religiously and from what I have heard from his group and have read personally no it is not safe while pregnant BUT it is still better than smoking. I would certainly call and talk to your doctor but my guess is that if you are sure of the ingredients, start of at a lower nicotine dosage , if it has temp settings (make sure not to crank the voltage) and plan to use them as a quitting altogether tool not a replacement you should be fine.

Do make sure to phone your doctor but congratulations you've made an amazing choice for both you and your baby!

Congratulations on making the choice to quit. I smoked for 13 years and quit the day of my BFP cold turkey. If you're struggling to quit, vaping is better than smoking but like the previous poster said, use it as a reduction to quitting mechanism. Good luck, it's a hard addiction to break.

I stopped smoking a good few weeks before we conceived so I went on the vape then. I vaped for a while n then once i got bfp I cut down n totally stopped within a couple weeks just to be on safe side. Ive still got it incase I want a puff but I'm not bothered ive hardly used it tbh!

I quit about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't go cold turkey but I reduced until I was on 1 a day and then just gave up. I use lollypops and chewing gum when I'm craving. My midwife told me not to vape because there arn't enough tests to show any adverse effects on babies like there has been with smoking, but in my honest opinion if it helps you stop completely then I think it's better than smoking for a longer period of time. Well done for quitting. Xx

I quit and went completely cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant. It is extremely hard but worth it. I felt no cravings at all within a week or so. I also did this when I found out with my second child...cold turkey again no problems. I found it much harder quitting with my first and had to gradually cut down.

I must try harder this time not to take up smoking again after this baby is born!!!

I'm only puffing about two times on it at a time or just holding it in my hand xx finding it really hard to keep busy to take my mind off it xx

Vapes aren't safe while pregnant Hun. Contact your midwife and ask for help to stop smoking. I gave up when I found out so I know it's hard

Congrats on quitting!

Check out this article https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/feb/04/e-cigarettes-toxic-chemicals-research-finds-lung-damage

Great job! You really do deserve a huge pat on the back and hey why not a hug! :hugs:
It's not an easy thing to do, but is the best choice to make not only in pregnancy but for yourself as well.

After the first couple of weeks it gets a lot easier. When you have that "urge" just try to distract yourself. I liked to use gum, and other distractions to keep my mind off of it.

I only started smoking again after my mc in December. I quit 7 years ago when I had my implant removed to ttc my first baby. Bought an ecig in the hope the be better than smoking but I was on it constantly. I let the battery die and put it away when I was 12dpo and 2nd day of bfp. I've not stopped the fags tho :cry: feel so ashamed of myself esp after losing my first and mc my last but I'm finding it so hard. I've spoke to mw tho and told her the sooner I can have a scan and see that there really is a baby then that will be it!!! I don't smoke a lot tho, not that that is an excuse X

Oh and no ecigs aren't safe in pregnancy xx

I only started smoking again after my mc in December. I quit 7 years ago when I had my implant removed to ttc my first baby. Bought an ecig in the hope the be better than smoking but I was on it constantly. I let the battery die and put it away when I was 12dpo and 2nd day of bfp. I've not stopped the fags tho :cry: feel so ashamed of myself esp after losing my first and mc my last but I'm finding it so hard. I've spoke to mw tho and told her the sooner I can have a scan and see that there really is a baby then that will be it!!! I don't smoke a lot tho, not that that is an excuse X

Oh and no ecigs aren't safe in pregnancy xx

:hugs: I definitely know it's hard, stay strong mama.

It's such a shameful topic too. I was shamed plenty for just smoking without being pregnant...

Smoking is one of the hardest addictions to kick. Cut down, do what you can but it's hard with stress and hormones so don't beat yourself. Be strong and keep going day by day. It will get easier. Coming from someone who last had a cigarette at 8am on Nov. 25 I can tell you that you'll continue craving it "emotionally" but the physical aspect will be a disctant memory soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"