quitting smoking

emilyanne

Reaction score
Maybe I should have done this year's ago... well, I should have. I think I know that. But on the 1st of october (stoptober) I decided to quit. I was hoping for cold turkey, but its clear thats not gonna happen. Day 1 = 6, day 2 = 4, day 3 = 5, day 4 = 5 and today, day 5, I have had 3.5 so far and will be sleeping in a couple of hours. So not stopped like I wanted. But not smoking 25 a day either... a good start I think. I cant stand to smoke more the half a smoke now... I get sick of it and stub it out... my motivation, I've been ttc 4+ years with nothing to show for it. I plan on seeing a dr soon. And I dont want to be smoking when I do. I hate smoking and dont want to smoke while pregnant or around my future children. It costs way too much and tastes and smells horrible.

By the way, no real question, just needed to vent, advice and experience and stories and everything else is very welcome.... anything to stop me going for another disgusting smoke would be great lol xxx

Way to go! Anything is better than doing nothing at all!! :) My mom smoked for 15 years and gave it up cold turkey. She said it was the hardest thing she's ever done but feels so much better now!! Good luck to you!

Thanks for the encouragement hun. My parents used to both smoke. My dad quit when I was 7. My older sister quit a couple of years ago. And my mother in law quit over a year ago. Its not easy. I knew it wouldnt be. But I'm to stubborn to give up quitting lol. Id rather take a year to quit by cutting down (although I hope its a week or two at most) and never smoke again then to give up cause I didn't make it going cold turkey.... I will do this.

good on you for quitting. your body will thank you in so many ways, believe me!!

i quit smoking cold turkey (it wasn't intentional) but then when i found out i was pregnant it just made me want to stay away forever. which is also why i probably gained so much weight when pregnant - i had stopped smoking cold turkey so i ate double as much + pregnancy made me hungry as hell! lol

anyways!

you can do this. it's hard. but you can do it. maybe invest in an electronic cigarette and get the lowest dose of nicotine...then after that is gone get the 0 mg nicotine and then when that is done, STOP. good luck!

If you are really in the mind frame to quit then Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking might help. I had been smoking for 15 years (most of my life at the time :wacko:) and I'd tried to quit once or twice but found it incredibly hard and would eventually start again, I'd even started reading the book at one point but then got scared half way through and it got left to gather dust for about another three years! When I was finally in the right frame of mind I finished the book and never looked back, it was so much easier than I thought it would be.

Lots and lots of luck to you! :flower:

Thank you all for cheering me on. Its nice to feel support from people, no matter how far they are. I know I can do this. I just need to lower the amount.... until there is nothing! Still only about 5 a day... hoping yo half that tomorrow at least... wish me luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->