Quitting Smoking :((

if it were easy, maybe you should have quit before TTC again? You had at least a month in there to quit before finding out you were pregnant :flower:

I wasnt trying to conceive. And i dont want to quit.

It's not hard to quit at all. I smoked 45 a day maximum and I quit cold turkey and it caused problems.

It is not hard quitting however this time I CHOOSE not too. I think going from 45 to 0 then back to 5 maximum is pretty good.

My baby is perfectly fine, with a super strong heartbeat. Thank you :) x

You know I get it, cause I am a smoker. But your thinking is way off. Doctors do say ( Not all ) that quitting slowly is best, not cold turkey. loosing your baby wasn't because you quit smoking, that is absurd, I'm sorry..

I wouldn't wish a loss on anyone, but my Ava also had a VERY strong heartbeat and I lost her at 22 weeks..
I am 44 years old and I guarantee a bit more experienced than you.. Please don't sit here and say off the wall things like quitting smoking caused that, it's ridiculous. If your midwife or whoever told you that they are delusional also.. I really don't care if you believe me or not, but I don't want girls, women reading this shit and believing it..
I do commend you for getting down to 5 a day, I know how hard it is and I also wish you a happy and healthy 9 months..Take care & Good Luck :flower:

I have said on numerous occassions, it was a contributing factor not just that alone.

Starting to think people are reading only what they want to read.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. However you should know aswell as i do the feeling.

but how you can write shit about me on the post below when you smoke yourself is absurd.

I was a smoker for 20 years. Super addicted. DH smoked too but not as addicted as I was.
I got a super faint positive two days before my period and had 1 cig that day. The next morning I got a solid positive and didn't pick up another cig. It was so hard for months. I wanted to steal cigs from anyone smoking near me, so I decided to always leave. Being around smokes not hood for you or your LO. There's even studies that prove being around smokey clothes or linens can cause cancer.
For DH, being around him smelling like smoke or with smokey breath made me angry/nauseated, so I'd tell him to shower, brush his teeth then come back or just go away all together. No kissing and no Dtd with a smelly dude! Within a few weeks it made him quit.
It's great for you to quit and for anyone else who will be around your LO before and after birth. Not to try to scare you but My neighbor miscarried twins when she
couldn't quit while pregnant. My other friend couldn't quit and she wound up giving birth at 28 weeks. The baby's alive and doing ok but spent a bunch of time in the NICU.
I know I never could have quit for me (I tried a few times) but I'd for anything for my daughter. You can do it too! It's just one craving at a time. Sip water, gum and mints really, really help. Good luck!

Thats nice hun. Thank you. But i dont wish to quit. Im quite happy smoking 5 or less a day. Ill only quit when i want too and right now i don't. I dont find quitting hard at all, infact its preferably easy. Mind over matter, replacing it with something else etc. I just dont want too.

but its lovely to hear you quit. Well done. And well done to your hunby too :) xx

I think it is so selfish that for you it is easy to quit but you continue smoking. If it is so easy I don't get why you cant just quit. 5 a day is still 5 too many. I wouldn't let me one year old sit next to a person smoking even one cig as it is harmful.
Honestly there is nothing more disturbing than seeing people walking round with a big baby bump with a cig in their hand. Fair enough if they are actively cutting down and continue to cut down but you aren't even trying to cut down any more. Really don't get it. Hopefully when your baby starts moving around and your bump grows you might feel a bit more inclined to do the right thing for your unborn child.

So if people attempt to cut down and still smoke you find that Ok but i smoke 5 or less a day and im in your bad books?

Sounds like double standards to me.

I was a smoker for 20 years. Super addicted. DH smoked too but not as addicted as I was.
I got a super faint positive two days before my period and had 1 cig that day. The next morning I got a solid positive and didn't pick up another cig. It was so hard for months. I wanted to steal cigs from anyone smoking near me, so I decided to always leave. Being around smokes not hood for you or your LO. There's even studies that prove being around smokey clothes or linens can cause cancer.
For DH, being around him smelling like smoke or with smokey breath made me angry/nauseated, so I'd tell him to shower, brush his teeth then come back or just go away all together. No kissing and no Dtd with a smelly dude! Within a few weeks it made him quit.
It's great for you to quit and for anyone else who will be around your LO before and after birth. Not to try to scare you but My neighbor miscarried twins when she
couldn't quit while pregnant. My other friend couldn't quit and she wound up giving birth at 28 weeks. The baby's alive and doing ok but spent a bunch of time in the NICU.
I know I never could have quit for me (I tried a few times) but I'd for anything for my daughter. You can do it too! It's just one craving at a time. Sip water, gum and mints really, really help. Good luck!

Thats nice hun. Thank you. But i dont wish to quit. Im quite happy smoking 5 or less a day. Ill only quit when i want too and right now i don't. I dont find quitting hard at all, infact its preferably easy. Mind over matter, replacing it with something else etc. I just dont want too.

but its lovely to hear you quit. Well done. And well done to your hunby too :) xx

I think it is so selfish that for you it is easy to quit but you continue smoking. If it is so easy I don't get why you cant just quit. 5 a day is still 5 too many. I wouldn't let me one year old sit next to a person smoking even one cig as it is harmful.
Honestly there is nothing more disturbing than seeing people walking round with a big baby bump with a cig in their hand. Fair enough if they are actively cutting down and continue to cut down but you aren't even trying to cut down any more. Really don't get it. Hopefully when your baby starts moving around and your bump grows you might feel a bit more inclined to do the right thing for your unborn child.

So if people attempt to cut down and still smoke you find that Ok but i smoke 5 or less a day and im in your bad books?

Well if I'm being honest I was trying to be polite so if any women on this site read my post and were really struggling but actively trying to quit they wouldn't feel terrible, as I bet they feel terribly guilty already with out the added pressure and comments!....
Where as you can quit and you won't. It's actually patheticly selfish. Would you sit next to a new born baby and blow cigarette smoke in their face? I hope not.

I don't have double standards. I have standards. My standards are that you should not smoke during pregnancy because it is harmful it causes unnecessary risks. If you don't miscarry (I hope you don't) but you will assume it's because you didn't quit and that's why you had a healthy pregnancy, where as it will just be chance and luck. Not because you didn't quit and continued smoking from the 'advice of your midwife'

Anyway, can't even be bothered arguing my case. It's selfish. You find it easy to quit then quit then. If you can't do the right thing for your child now I don't think you will ever be able too.

Well if I'm being honest I was trying to be polite so if any women on this site read my post and were really struggling but actively trying to quit they wouldn't feel terrible, as I bet they feel terribly guilty already with out the added pressure and comments!....
Where as you can quit and you won't. It's actually patheticly selfish. Would you sit next to a new born baby and blow cigarette smoke in their face? I hope not.

I don't have double standards. I have standards. My standards are that you should not smoke during pregnancy because it is harmful it causes unnecessary risks. If you don't miscarry (I hope you don't) but you will assume it's because you didn't quit and that's why you had a healthy pregnancy, where as it will just be chance and luck. Not because you didn't quit and continued smoking from the 'advice of your midwife'

Anyway, can't even be bothered arguing my case. It's selfish. You find it easy to quit then quit then. If you can't do the right thing for your child now I don't think you will ever be able too.

Well some people do. Maybe focus on your own pregnancies than trying to control and judge others. "Turn the other cheek" ☺️

Belle look I understand that it is hard to quit smoking. I only had three a day but I knew that it was three too many. I quit cold turkey two days ago for my peanut and I have cravings and it was hard but my child's life is more important than my habit. All of my friends that have smoked through pregnancy have had low birth weight babies, now they have asthma as children and are more prone to illness. Science has proven that cigarette smoking is dangerous to unborn children and second hand is terrible for unborn and born children. My mother quit for me and I am quitting for my children. You are defending your selfish choices to mothers who choose to be healthy for the benefit to their children and it appalls them that you are placing yourself first. And I'm also appalled. If you choose to smoke...that's your choice but be quiet about it and don't expect backlash when you do talk about it.

Quitting smoking doesn't cause miscarriage, 20% of pregnancy ends early and it's normally a genetic abnormality that makes that pregnancy non-viable. I know from experience that miscarriage is hard. But knowing that pain I would think you would be healthier this time around since you are being given a second chance.

Belle look I understand that it is hard to quit smoking. I only had three a day but I knew that it was three too many. I quit cold turkey two days ago for my peanut and I have cravings and it was hard but my child's life is more important than my habit. All of my friends that have smoked through pregnancy have had low birth weight babies, now they have asthma as children and are more prone to illness. Science has proven that cigarette smoking is dangerous to unborn children and second hand is terrible for unborn and born children. My mother quit for me and I am quitting for my children. You are defending your selfish choices to mothers who choose to be healthy for the benefit to their children and it appalls them that you are placing yourself first. And I'm also appalled. If you choose to smoke...that's your choice but be quiet about it and don't expect backlash when you do talk about it.

Quitting smoking doesn't cause miscarriage, 20% of pregnancy ends early and it's normally a genetic abnormality that makes that pregnancy non-viable. I know from experience that miscarriage is hard. But knowing that pain I would think you would be healthier this time around since you are being given a second chance.

Why should i be quiet about it? Why should i be hushed? I did day IT WAS NOT AN EARLY LOSS. I would rather smoke and be honest than a judgemental asshole that feels the need to slam others to make myself feel like "supermum"

I will speak about it all i like. Its sad that other mums force others to quit and make them feel so bad when theres absolutely no need ☺️

No one is forcing you they are simply giving you facts and you are shoving your selfishness in their faces. "I can quit and choose not to" essentially that is saying "I could be healthier for my child but I care more about me and what I want than him/her being healthy" If you ignore the facts and still smoke that is selfish....period.

Why should i be quiet about it? Why should i be hushed? I did day IT WAS NOT AN EARLY LOSS. I would rather smoke and be honest than a judgemental asshole that feels the need to slam others to make myself feel like "supermum"

I will speak about it all i like. Its sad that other mums force others to quit and make them feel so bad when theres absolutely no need ☺️

I don't quite understand what you are going on about. I have never 'hushed' you. Everyone has freedom of speech and they can do what they want. But when what you do affects someone else that's when you need to have a better think about what you're doing.

I'm not sure what you're understanding is of the complications of smoking during pregnancy, but I'm guessing by your naivety not very much. Like you said 'force other mums to quit and make the feel bad when there is no need'... Hmmm I think most mums that smoke whilst pregnant feel bad because it is bad. Therefore I guess there is a need?!

I don't care if you smoke or not. Just feel bad on your poor kid inhaling all that smoke when you can quit but quite frankly can't be arsed because you like it.

You haven't got a good case other than you like smoking therefore don't want to quit. Wow.

Belle why are you so confrontational on all of your posts. It's not just in this thread, it seems to be on almost everything you comment on. You refuse to listen to other people's advice and call them wrong if it's something you don't like to hear. At the end if the day it's your body and baby, do what you like. But it's unfair to post such silly uneducated nonsense that others will read and maybe believe. I agree with the lady that said it's best just to keep it to yourself. It's never going to get a good reception from ladies who are doing their upmost to give their children the best start in life.

No one is forcing you they are simply giving you facts and you are shoving your selfishness in their faces. "I can quit and choose not to" essentially that is saying "I could be healthier for my child but I care more about me and what I want than him/her being healthy" If you ignore the facts and still smoke that is selfish....period.

I feel really sorry for the people that really struggle quitting and smoke throughout their pregnancy because they dont have the willpower to stop. I bet they must feel absolutely awful. Well done. 👍

Belle why are you so confrontational on all of your posts. It's not just in this thread, it seems to be on almost everything you comment on. You refuse to listen to other people's advice and call them wrong if it's something you don't like to hear. At the end if the day it's your body and baby, do what you like. But it's unfair to post such silly uneducated nonsense that others will read and maybe believe. I agree with the lady that said it's best just to keep it to yourself. It's never going to get a good reception from ladies who are doing their upmost to give their children the best start in life.

I very rarely comment on anything on here so do tell me who where and when ive been confrontational. Apart from on this thread. Making up lies isnt very nice and makes your nose grow longer. 💁

I feel really sorry for the people that really struggle quitting and smoke throughout their pregnancy because they dont have the willpower to stop. I bet they must feel absolutely awful. Well done. 👍

Well I don't think so at all, like I've said in my previous posts I think it's great that women continue to cut down during pregnancy even if It takes them twenty weeks to eventually quit, that's fantastic because they are trying. I understand its an addiction, and its a hard addictipn to break. But like I said of course women who smoke during pregnancy feel bad (well I imagine most of them) because they know it's harmful... Nothing bad about that statement it's the truth. And it's the truth that helps women to quit because they want the best for their unborn child! If they didn't feel bad they wouldn't quit, like you.

Lol. Well done for continuing smoking during your pregnancy. Pat on the back love.

Well I don't think so at all, like I've said in my previous posts I think it's great that women continue to cut down during pregnancy even if It takes them twenty weeks to eventually quit, that's fantastic because they are trying. I understand its an addiction, and its a hard addictipn to break. But like I said of course women who smoke during pregnancy feel bad (well I imagine most of them) because they know it's harmful... Nothing bad about that statement it's the truth. And it's the truth that helps women to quit because they want the best for their unborn child! If they didn't feel bad they wouldn't quit, like you.

Lol. Well done for continuing smoking during your pregnancy. Pat on the back love.

And what if they "try" and dont quit because they found it too hard or dont have the willpower? Will you get your bow and arrow out or put them up on the cross? Look down your nose?

Thousands of women smoke. Some take drugs. Some have mental health problems. That doesnt mean you should troll public forums and make them feel like crap. I bet youve made one or 2 mistakes 😉

I very rarely comment on anything on here so do tell me who where and when ive been confrontational. Apart from on this thread. Making up lies isnt very nice and makes your nose grow longer. 💁

I urge you to look back on your previous posts or in fact for others to. It's easily done.

The thing is tho belle that you said basically you find it really easy to quit smoking but you choose not to... Is why people are getting a little upset as the comment don't make sense as if you find quitting easy then surely you'd do it for your unborn child? But at the end of the day that's your choice, everyone is different I used to smoke 20 a day and it was so hard to quit but I did it and I am proud of myself for it I will admit it was horrible going cold turkey but I know it was the best option for me and my unborn baby xx

The thing is tho belle that you said basically you find it really easy to quit smoking but you choose not to... Is why people are getting a little upset as the comment don't make sense as if you find quitting easy then surely you'd do it for your unborn child? But at the end of the day that's your choice, everyone is different I used to smoke 20 a day and it was so hard to quit but I did it and I am proud of myself for it I will admit it was horrible going cold turkey but I know it was the best option for me and my unborn baby xx

It is easy, but its my personal choice. Ive not even had a cigerette today but will have one before i go to bed. No one would be happy for the fact ive only had 1. Too busy with their pitchforks.

I smoked 40/45 a day.

Congrats on quitting though :) x

And what if they "try" and dont quit because they found it too hard or dont have the willpower? Will you get your bow and arrow out or put them up on the cross? Look down your nose?

Thousands of women smoke. Some take drugs. Some have mental health problems. That doesnt mean you should troll public forums and make them feel like crap. I bet youve made one or 2 mistakes 😉

You don't know me so don't you dare say I would look down my nose at other people.

I'm training to be a midwife and come in to contact with women that do drugs etc. not once have I ever looked down on any woman and their situation. It is their life and my job to help support them the best way possible. However I have never heard any of those women say it was easy to quit but they choose not too.

I am not a judgemental person. I fully support women on a day too day basis using drugs, alcohol and cigarettes but I would say 99% of them try to quit.

And I'm not looking down at you at all. I just don't understand how you say it's so easy to quit yet don't.

One a day is great actually. I think that's a million times better than 5 a day.

I don't think anyone here is judging you. I think the fact of the matter is people are annoyed at some of the comments you are making. It's great you have only had one today but if you could easily leave that one then why bother at all? I've got all the respect in the world for ladies that try to quit when pregnant, it at least shows they are trying their hardest to make the right decision for their babies. But you post things like it can cause miscarrige ( which is 100% the silliest thing I've ever heard of) and it could make them reconsider their choice and the hard work they have put in to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->