Quitting work whilst pregnant?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
So, I am currently 19 weeks pregnant and informed work last week. My job is so stressful, im underpaid, undervalued and they take the piss out of me!

To add to that I have 3 beautiful children at home who I miss dearly and have extortionate childcare costs as well as the stress of sorting mornings and evenings out with them as my partners hours change last minute so I have to plan as if he cant help picking them up etc.

Anyway, if I quit my job will I get maternity allowance? or will I get smp because I will be able to leave around 25 weeks pregnant?

Also, if I get MA or SMP does that mean I wont get tax credits as that's what id depend on for living whilst partners wage pays the bills?

I just don't know where to start!

The best thing to do financially would be to work through week 25 for SMP (assuming you were there before getting pregnant?) you can go on maternity leave from week 29 although if you have annual leave accrued depending on when your leave year falls you may be able to take as a block before that to leave earlier. If you don't quit you can accrue annual leave through the maternity period to get some extra paid leave at the end and quit in line with the maternity policy. You're classed as working on SMP so can get WTC. Just don't take any advanced maternity leave benefits if you're employer offers them, check the contract as many have a clause of returning to work for 3 months or pay back.

Thank you! I think my best option is to bear with it at the moment to try and get the smp!

Sorry you're unhappy at work- I agree with pearls though, I think it's worth toughing it out and starting your maternity at 29 weeks.
As for tax credits- remember when you give your figure, to deduct £100 per week of your maternity pay.

Sorry you're unhappy at work- I agree with pearls though, I think it's worth toughing it out and starting your maternity at 29 weeks.
As for tax credits- remember when you give your figure, to deduct £100 per week of your maternity pay.

Oh I didn't know that! I'm so confused by it! I'm trying to work out when I can go on maternity leave to tell work but also to help me out childcare wise with my other kids however our HR isn't the best!

I have 24 days holiday left for the year but how does that work out if I want to take some holidays before I go off?

Do your holidays run april-april or jan-jan? You still accrue annual holidays whilst on maternity x

Do your holidays run april-april or jan-jan? You still accrue annual holidays whilst on maternity x

They are January-January! I don't know when to start mat leave or how to do it and my HR isn't the best x

Have you got your matb1 form from your midwife? If not you need to get one asap and send it in, along with what date you will be starting maternity leave and that you want to claim smp.

If you are using up annual leave now, you could leave at 25 weeks and 2 days although your maternity won't start until 29 weeks.

It's worth sticking in for 6 more weeks!

Have you got your matb1 form from your midwife? If not you need to get one asap and send it in, along with what date you will be starting maternity leave and that you want to claim smp.

If you are using up annual leave now, you could leave at 25 weeks and 2 days although your maternity won't start until 29 weeks.

It's worth sticking in for 6 more weeks!

When do you get the matb1? I'm only 19 weeks now and have only told my boss up to now! They have eased my workload which is helping me but then I'm thinking I'd like to go off at 34 weeks so then I can have the half term with my kids and no paying the childcare although my work want me to work right up to the end!

It's not your works decision to make. If you are not going to return to work, Id start your maternity as early as possible, no point prolonging it x

Stick it out, i know frowned upon but maybe go off sick of its that bad?

I took parental leave for 2 weeks, 2 weeks holiday and then maternity leave from 36 weeks i just had to i was sooo tired.

So I'm now 26+2 and can't handle much more! I feel so victimised here, my desk is being moved, moved out of my team so no longer in a team, can't have a pay rise which I am due and can't be promoted! Honestly see no point in being here! I'm doin work so above my level and I'm paid less than the trainee! I'm the only female in the department and my director is a dick! ������

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->