• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Quiz.. :)

Jollybean

Reaction score
What made you decide now was the right time?
We've always wanted kids and said we would start as soon as financially able! It was a case of now, or in 3-4 years time (based on careers). I guess we just felt ready!

What were people's reactions to your news?
People who really know me guessed from my overly happy facebook status, lol. Everyone except my hubby's Mum and Dad were verrrrrrry happy, but they soon came round too and are now just as excited. It's as if people knew better than we did that we'd crack on not long after getting married

Has your pregnancy seemed to fly by or gone in slow mo?
Bit of both! First tri = slow mo, but now i'm really enjoying the pace of it all :D

What do you love most about being pregnant?
I love being pregnant! but feeling baby move has to be the most amazing thing of all

What do you least like?
When i'm unsure about something and never know who to call or what to say

What are you looking forward to the most?
Mine and Hubby's first moment with our newborn baby - discovering the sex, and finally getting to see what he or she looks like!

What overwhelms you and/or what makes you nervous?
I find it overwhelming (in a good way!) that this baby is a product of both me and my husband! It sounds weird but until recently I thought of parenthood as being like a permanent Auntie to my lovely little nieces and nephews and recently thought wow... no really wow.. this is MY baby.

Did you find out your baby's sex? What made you decide to/not to?
We always said we'd keep it a surprise - and have done. I want his or her Daddy to announce it at birth :)

What thoughts keep popping into your head?
I wonder what he or she looks like? I wonder when i'll go into labour, how long it will be, and what will it be like!?

Who are you having as your birth partner/s and why?
My husband and my Mum. Husband is a given, but i wanted my Mum to have that experience. She cried when i asked her. That decision sometimes scares us tho when she's in manic mode. lol

Describe in one word how you feel about becoming a parent!
EXCITED!

This was an unplanned pregnany although we wanted to wait another year or so, but we now count her as a blessing!!

Parents-in-law were waaaaaaay excited lol, they always expressed their desire to become grandparents soon! My parents were shocked but now very excited.

Very slow –feel like I’ve been pregnant for years! These last few weeks are dragging for me.

Feeling LO moving inside knowing im growing a new life

What do you least like?
All the conflicting information between the internet and mw’s, SPD and morning sickness

For DH and I to meet our LO to see what she look like and have her in our arms

That im totally clueless to babies!! I’ve got no nieces or nephews at the moment and then im going to care for LO! What is overwhelming in a good way is that mother nature is a funny thing and the way the baby develops and grows over the 9 months

Yes we did because im impatient lol

Am I ready?? What does labour pains feel like? how long will I be in labour? Who will she look like more?

DH and my mum and sister? DH cos his the daddy lol and he could hold my hand! My mum cos she’s been through it 5 times and I would extra support and my sister cos she invited herself? lol

Nervous yet very excited!!

something just clicked into place, I have always wanted children but needed to find the right man first, i believe i've found my soulmate and wanted to have our first child asap :)

People were really pleased for us as we'd been ttc for around 16months and i had been reall down over why it wasnt happening! found out i had PCOS in aug and conceived by Oct! everyone is thrilled!!

First 12 weeks felt like an eternity but tbh i think the rest has really flown by :)

I have had an amazing experience but def hearing the babies heartbeat for the first time and feeling my little boy move around is the ultimate best feeling ever! :)

What do you least like?
worrying over every little twinge, etc its all really scary!:wacko:

me and OH holding our little man in our arms and being able to see his little face, welling up thinkin of it!

what overwhelmes me is the bond i all ready have with my baby, and the feeling that I would do anything for little boy. Im nervous about labour (not being in labour) in a sense that i worry somethin may go wrong! just fear i guess.

we found out at a 16 week gender scan :) we always wanted to know asap it took a while to get him and i just wanted to know evrything lol.

When will he come? will he be early/late? Will he stay head down! who will he look more like me or OH?

My OH and my mum...My OH def needs to witness our first baby being born into the world and my mum because i want her to witness her first grandchild into the world oh and so that i can shout at them both when in pain :haha: only kidding!

My Describe in one word how you feel about becoming a parent!
Ecstatic :):wohoo:

We didnt really.. Wanted one but it happened alot faster than expected.. So it was a nice surprize :)

My mum new i was preg b4 i did.. lol but the reality was shock. My sis was annoyed as like i said it happend alot faster than expected allthough shes happy now and my OH's family found it funny as his sis just not long announced her pregnancy

Bit of both also first and second was slow but third tri is flying

I have excuses to things i wouldnt normally (putting on weight being tired etc) lol

What do you least like?
Getting comfy!

So many things, the first time we hold our boy, seeing my OHs face when hes here

I find it mad that in a few short weeks IM going to be a mummy! lil nervous about that as well as exited

Yes my OH was deff going to find out and if he knew i would want to know.. it was so we could buy things for him.

Whens it going to happen, is it going to be early or late (both times and dates) What will baby look like (even though i saw at 26 weeks the change since then must be mad) also how will the birth be

My OH, bcoz ovb hes the dad and the one person i would feel comfortable being there

exited!

We wanted to have children and now seemed like the right time based on where we were at career and financial-wise.

Everybody was shocked because we hadn't been together long enough in their eyes, but we both knew if was right.

Really fast until the past couple of weeks! It's been dragging since I hit 35 weeks!

Feeling my daughter kick and cuddling up to my boyfriend when he puts his hands on my stomach to feel her.

What do you least like?
Feeling huge and being in pain. I don't like the way some people look at me when I'm just walking down the street or something, or when people don't move out of the way so you have to walk all the way around them (which is difficult when you're big!)

Cuddles with our daughter

I'm really nervous about not knowing what to do, or doing the wrong thing (especially when people are around watching me!)

Yes, we're having a little girl! It's more practical to know the sex in my opinion and saves all the confusion when the baby's born of people not knowing whether it's a girl or boy!

I wonder when she'll make an appearance!!

My partner because it's our baby.

Terrified but unbelievably excited!

It was a surprise :)

Shocked!

went by fast but these last 3 weeks OMG :wacko:

looking at my babby move! and ppl going " AWWWW " to my tummy lol

What do you least like?
getting on the chubby side!!!:nope: and stretch marks :/ but he will be worth it!

Seeing the reaction of my bf and myself in his first momments of life... seeing who he looks like!

that me and my bf created this tiny innocent little human that now I AM responsible for! He relies on me for everthing n how innocent he is! and def how NOTHING will be the same anymore n everything will forever be changed

yupp, we really just couldnt wait honestly!

how different things are going to be

me and my bf only

EXCITED! n nervous because i dont want people to judge or tell me how to raise my child!

~What made you decide now was the right time? ~
Our youngest was approaching two, we had just got married and moved into a house so we thought now would be a great time to add to our brood! :)

~What were people's reactions to your news?~
Everyone was happy for us. Especially our mums, they love being nans. Alot of people think we are mad having our 3rd child when we are only 23 lol.

~Has your pregnancy seemed to fly by or gone in slow mo?~
Bit of both i think. Sometimes I think back to when i took a pregnancy test and it doesnt seem that long ago. But then other days it seems to be dragging and i feel like ive been pregnant forever!

~What do you love most about being pregnant?~
Knowing that we will have a beautiful baby at the end.

~What do you least like?~
Being so uncomfortable and big.

Actually going into labour! I cant wait! I know its finally the end then and we will get to meet our baby.

~What overwhelms you and/or what makes you nervous?~
I find it overwhelming that i have an actual human being inside me. The fact that i have a fully formed baby complete with nails and eyelashes still gets me. Im not really nervous about much, just abit worried about ripping open my nasty scar from my last birth.

~Did you find out your baby's sex? What made you decide to/not to?~
We decided to find out as we couldnt with our second and we were really dissapointed! She had her legs crossed and wouldnt budge so we had to stay team yellow. This time it was clear our little un was a boy :)

~What thoughts keep popping into your head?~
What will he look like? How heavy will he be?

~Who are you having as your birth partner/s and why?~
My husband and my Mum. They have been at my other births and were amazing.

~Describe in one word how you feel about becoming a parent!~
Im already a parent so i know how it feels... but im so excited to be having a little boy to add to our two girls :)

I just graduated college and I want to have 3 kids (but not really, really close together) and my mom had early menopause so I needed to have my babies before 35

mil was very happy, my mom was excited my dad was not happy because his new wife had just had their baby

It has flown by! I love being pregnant!

feeling him or her moving inside me !

What do you least like?
being tired all the time. I never got ANY energy boost

meeting him or her :)

being responsible for a new person! Also that something will go wrong in labor

no, we just wanted it to be a surprise and I am excited to have OH tell me and all the family so he gets to feel special for once

I can't believe I am going to be a mommy!

OH. he's the only one I feel comfortable with :)

Scared!

We've always wanted kids and said we would start as soon as financially able! It was a case of now, or in 3-4 years time (based on careers). I guess we just felt ready!

People who really know me guessed from my overly happy facebook status, lol. Everyone except my hubby's Mum and Dad were verrrrrrry happy, but they soon came round too and are now just as excited. It's as if people knew better than we did that we'd crack on not long after getting married

Bit of both! First tri = slow mo, but now i'm really enjoying the pace of it all :D

I love being pregnant! but feeling baby move has to be the most amazing thing of all

What do you least like?
When i'm unsure about something and never know who to call or what to say

Mine and Hubby's first moment with our newborn baby - discovering the sex, and finally getting to see what he or she looks like!

I find it overwhelming (in a good way!) that this baby is a product of both me and my husband! It sounds weird but until recently I thought of parenthood as being like a permanent Auntie to my lovely little nieces and nephews and recently thought wow... no really wow.. this is MY baby.

We always said we'd keep it a surprise - and have done. I want his or her Daddy to announce it at birth :)

I wonder what he or she looks like? I wonder when i'll go into labour, how long it will be, and what will it be like!?

My husband and my Mum. Husband is a given, but i wanted my Mum to have that experience. She cried when i asked her. That decision sometimes scares us tho when she's in manic mode. lol

EXCITED!

1. Me and my boyf where shocked when we found out even though we wanted one. i feel like there isnt a certain right time. if you both feel like you are ready the i guess thats the time!

2.everyone was delighted for us except for his mam! his dad was delighted! she eventually came around!

3.my pregnancy is kinda fo flying,some weeks dragged and then lately the weeks just keep coming around so fast its crazy

4.i love that i got no morning sickness at all! its so only lately i started to feel really sick at night time but nothing i cant handle and yeh of course the baby moving is one of the best things. my bf is raging he hasnt seen or felt it yet!

5.that im 21 and some people judging becase they think im too young

6.just to have her here to snuggle up to and look after! and to feel what its like to become a mom! and im dying to see what she looks like!

7.im overwhelmed with the whole thing. sometimes i forget im even pregnant then just think oh my god there is actually a baby in there :thumbup: its also a bit daunting the thoughts of becoming a first time mam. im scared i wont know how to do everything

8.we found out the sex at a 3d scan at 25 weeks! we really wanted ot find out the sex from the start. èveryone thinks different about it but i feel like its just as much as a suprise finding out before they are here. it was the best day ever and to me it made my pregnancy feel more personal to me and my bf we had our names picked out so we always talk about her with her name which i love. it wrecked my head not knowing if it was a boy or girl. my friend didnt find out till her baby was born and she said the labour was suprise enough she didnt even notice when they told her what the baby was what sex it was unitl an hour later she realised what she had. but for some people that adds to the whole labour. its just everyone personal choice!!

9.im always wondering what size she will be, how late she will come or if she will come early!

10.my bf. i can only have one in ireland i really want my mam there too but cant happen :(

11. on top of the world

Husband was working on the road for 2 years and the weekend he quit his job and came home, we got pregnant! It was perfect :)

They were very excited for us

Very slow motion, esp right now with the last 9 weeks ahead of me

The movement and the ultra sounds took my breath away each time.

What do you least like?
When I don't feel movement for a period of time. The SWOLLEN feet/ankles and the gross weight gain.

Labor/Delivery and the birth (Before all the inlaws come and visit)
Thinking about my baby being super overdue and being induced. I want to experience labor naturally and I really hope I dont get induced.

Yep! it was better then Christmas, found out we are having a baby girl. I wanted to find out so that we could get everything we needed. I dont like the gender neutral baby items.

I wonder what he or she looks like? I wonder when i'll go into labor, how long it will be, and what will it be like!?

Just my Hubby, He read the whole book, Husband coached child birth so I think he is ready for it! I hope!!

Blessed

I love Quizes! :flower:

Me and OH we're ready. Took us 7 long months

Mixed. Family was happy, his dad was abit shocked by it but soon came round

Its flown by :)

Feeling her move and kick. Even if she does kick in the most wrong places lol. I just love looking after her and keeping her safe :D

What do you least like?
Little scares
i keep getting

Looking at her for the first time, and holding her. Seeing my OH bond with her.

Knowing that we've made a baby and she'll be here soon.

We found out. We want everything prepared for when she's here

What shell look like. Wether Shell take after her Daddy

My OH and my Mum. Obvious reasons why i want OH there. I want my Mum there as she's been here for me so much. My sister didnt involve her when he was pregnant and i just think itll be so special to her seeing her daughter having a daughter :)
OVER THE MOOOOOOON

YAY
:flower::flower::flower:

H wasn't planned as we got pregnant so soon after having Stephen, but we got to the point where we both wanted to start a family and be a family together. We love each other so much and although difficult sometimes, we love being a couple and we love being parents :)

OH's mum was like 'You're joking, is this a joke?' and my mum said 'is your health going to be ok' - again with it being so soon, everyone was sort of like 'woaaaah didn't take you long' :haha:

This time it has FLOWN by!

Feeling him wiggle about!

What do you least like?

The way he pushes down so low it hurts. (His brother did it too!)

Seeing him for the first time and also seeing who he looks like! :) And also seeing how Stephen will react to him.

I don't know why but this time around I'm terrified of labour - I sort of wish my 1st labour was a bit more difficult, but it was so easy that I'm so nervous about it being horrible this time. And also it's overwhelming thinking about how to look after two small children!

Yep we found out! We're both impatient and it's nice calling the bump him or Henry rather than it or s/he... for me personally it helped me to adjust to being pregnant and also bond with him in a way.

'How long do I have left?' 'have i got everything in my bag?', 'who's going to look after S?' nad 'will the labour be the same as last time?'

Just my OH, he was amazing last time and he loved every second of it and even watched STephen actually being born (which he describes as the best moment of his life and hte most amazing thing he has ever seen) so I def just want him again :)

NERVOUS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"