QUTTING smoking cigarettes before trying to conceive!!!

D

dmestiza

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi all...
me and my husband r gonna ttc this August but from now and onwards he wants me to quit the cigarettes!!! anyone in the same boat?? i heard that quitting makes ovulation better for women & also men... xoxo

I'm not trying to conceive but I stopped smoking when I got pregnant with my LO and I've been smoke free ever since. I have tried numerous times before and failed but my baby is almost 6 weels and I'm still smoke free with no desire to smoke again. I used to be quite a heavy smoker too. Goodluck with it, you can do it!! :)

My husband asked that I quit after we got married and I did. There are no health benefits to smoking, its just a nasty habit. It was hard but as soon as he mentioned the words "what are you gonna do if you got pregnant" I threw away the rest of my pack of cigarettes and haven't smoked since.

thanks for your advice & responses ladies!!! i am making sure that i dont ever smoke again, koz i also dont see any good in smoking... and i want a better future for myself and my husband!!! it may be hard for me at first, but i will gain so much from quitting!! im now on day 2-- being smoke free & i feel soooo good. i've attempted to quit before and i quit 4 2 months straight... so im keen on qutting for good now... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I read in different books that you should quit smoking a few months before ttc so that you are as healthy as possible when you get pregnant and all the toxins have left your body. So do it ASAP

Congratulations on your second day smoke free! :) It's great that your making the effort, I have a friend who is a midwife and she told me you can definitely see the difference between babies from a mom who smokes and one who doesn't. You should be very proud of yourself for doing this.

Thank you all for your support! I have been reading all your comments, and they have honestly given me strength to continue my journey quitting smoking. I'm still smoke free and now I'm on Day 4 smoke free and I'm looking forward to trying to conceive my first baby, and my husband has even told me that we can ttc this June, :) thanks again to all of you. Mwahhh xx

Me and my DH decided that next month would be the month for TTC and I quit on the 8th of January and haven't looked back since, and honestly I don't even miss it. I can smell it on other people and I genuinely believed that I never stunk after a fag! That alone is enough to keep me quit!

Congrats on day 4! I read somewhere there it only takes 48 hours for the nicotine to leave your system so any cravings after are purely physiological! You can do it!!

Yeah, I'm trying to quit... unsure when I'll be TTC, but I want to quit and be as healthy as possible.

I did like 2 days with a vapour pen, but started back on cigarettes ... I'm going to pick a date and just... stop! I'll do it :D ... hopefully.

Yeah, I'm trying to quit... unsure when I'll be TTC, but I want to quit and be as healthy as possible.

I did like 2 days with a vapour pen, but started back on cigarettes ... I'm going to pick a date and just... stop! I'll do it :D ... hopefully.

you can do it, you can quit! im on day 6 now smoke free, and i feel the best i have ever felt!!! i feel cleansed & happy!! sometimes its hard at first to stop smoking, but just think of your future and how much more healthy you will be :thumbup: and its good to hear that ur gonna pick a date and stop!!!! you'll feel so proud of yourself!! :happydance::hugs:

How you doing with not smoking?...I can't even stand the smell of it now, it knocks me sick. We have saved SO much money, not to mention how amazing I feel. I never get tired now, I have lots of energy, my skin is clear and I feel alot more healthier in my self. In months to come you will be so glad that you did it. Well done for sticking at it!! :)

Well done im planning to stop before TTC but just now making all the excuses like we have a year, i could do it if i want to blah blah i know im being silly in my head but im conviced its my choice not an addiction :dohh:

i am doing excellent! i have been smoke free for almost 2 weeks now, 13 days to be exact! i feeeel great :) and im proud of myself! im going to ttc in around 2 weeks from now, so im excited!

Well done im planning to stop before TTC but just now making all the excuses like we have a year, i could do it if i want to blah blah i know im being silly in my head but im conviced its my choice not an addiction :dohh:

:thumbup: well its the first step for you to think about planning to stop before ttc... ovulation, fertility and chances at conceiving r better once you stop smoking!! so the earlier you quit the better & the benefits r the bestt!!! try to think of a date when u want to quit & just stay positive about it!! good luck lovely :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->